Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »
    I feel like I should play my WC because things are going so badly - 9 red arrows in 11 weeks has seen me drop from 20k to 350k
    Its a good way to hook in all the risers but I don't know what changes I need to make to my team!

I'd hold onto
    Butland

Bellerin
    Moreno
    Dann
    Kolorov (maybe)
    Francis

Ramsey - could swap him for Ozil
    KdB - could swap for silva

Kane
    Lukaku

That leaves
    Begovic
    Henderson
    Delafaou
    Mahrez

Giroud

And I've two free transfers
    Maybe get Aguero in? Transfer out Giroud and KdB for Willian?

Or take a four point hit and go for

Hendo, KdB and Giroud -> Alli, Payet, Aguero

Or just hold tight and do Hendo -> Payet this week

I wouldn't take a wildcard in your situation. You have 2 transfers and aren't looking to make too many changes to your team. In my case I'm looking to move away from a strong front 8 and also to go for a really cheap defence so the whole structure of my team is changing which I need a wildcard to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

With 26 points last GW and not getting a green arrow since GW11, it seems like a wildcard is a must. I've done a (-4) already to bring in Aguero and Payet for Ramsey and Vardy. Anyone think I need one after looking at this potential line-up for the next game? It seems I think my team is in good shape, but the results are constantly telling me otherwise.

Butland (NorH) [Gomes]
    Bellerin (LivA) Bertrand (WatH) Souare (AVL A) [Kompany McAuley]
    Özil Arnie Payet (Bourne A) Mahrez (Tot A) [Deulofeu]
    Ighalo Kane Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

danganabu wrote: »
    Just activated mine and have so far come u with the following :

Butland/ Hennessey
    Alderweireld/Koscielney/Sagna/Simpson/Smith
    Alli/Payet/Arnautovic/Ozil/Mahrez
    Lukaku/Augero/Costa

Thoughts???

Anyone?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

danganabu wrote: »
    Anyone?? :D

Look for price rises at the moment, don't worry about the final team for another week but read the thread and the transfer thread for inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dgw 37 will have a max of 4 games more than likely 2 or 3 so BB would be a lot easier in Dgw 34
    :confused:.

In your previous post you had 8 DGW teams in GW34 & 6 in GW37. And a blank for several DGW34 teams in GW35 so I figured out the benefit from a GW34 BB could be lost in GW35 from huge pts hits (out and back in for GW37) or lack of playing players.

Anyway, that's pure fantasies since we don't know which teams will be involved this year yet.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »

In your previous post you had 8 DGW teams in GW34 & 6 in GW37. And a blank for several DGW34 teams in GW35 so I figured out the benefit from a GW34 BB could be lost in GW35 from huge pts hits (out and back in for GW37) or lack of playing players.

Anyway, that's pure fantasies since we don't know which teams will be involved this year yet.

The fa cup qf teams will have a blank in gw 30 and a double in 34. The sf teams will have a blank in 35 and a double in 37. What I'd mean is that the BB would make far more sense in 34 as there will be more teams with a double. If your looking at getting 15 dgw players which is one argument for keeping the wildcard.
    Ye it's all fantasies and we don't have a clue of the precise teams and number of games involved. My point is we have never been in this situation before. 2nd wildcard which can be used outside of Jan and a bench boost. My advice would be hold it till that stage of the season by all means if it suits your team. There is a slight advantage in the ease with which you can get dgw players in. However it's a very slight advantage and for people not happy with their team you are jeopardising your season by waiting till then.
    We shall see what happens when games get announced. I'll compare my situation to yours from a number of players that make an appearance in gw 30,34,35,37 to see how much the advantage is going forward which will be useful for us all. It's all new and my opinion is that numbers wise the difference will be minimal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think wolly is a bit more secure of his starting spot. I agree re rangel but can't go above 4.5 for the route I want to go down. I'm looking at the next 6 when picking my wildcard so hoping he holds his place for the majority of that my other alternative is Collins west ham.
    I wouldn't take a wildcard in your situation. You have 2 transfers and aren't looking to make too many changes to your team. In my case I'm looking to move away from a strong front 8 and also to go for a really cheap defence so the whole structure of my team is changing which I need a wildcard to implement.

Whats your value like atm?

I'm planning to head in a similar direction, but I've been heading that way since before Xmas. I'm finding the strong front 8 hard to shake having Alli currently 5th mid, and with Payet and Arnie in the mix. Its serving some purpose in being able to own (and gain value on) some mid price form players, auditioning them before deciding who to jettison for Stanislas.

I'm planning to get rid of Bellerin and Moreno, keeping Souare, Alder (for now) as I got him at 5.5 and Evans. For the other 2 spots I was thinking of Williams, with maybe Josh or Smith as bench fodder.

iroced wrote: »

This is the thing. When we do know more it will then be possible to know more clearly if its worth holding onto the WC. I'd like to give it till then at least.

We'll know the LC finalists this week and therefore the blanks for GW27 and possible DGW dates for these teams will be known.

We'll know by GW26 who has a blank in GW30 and a probably DGW34. You'll also be able to speculate based on the draw who in most likely to have a blank GW35 and possible GDW37.

Its at this stage (GW26 - 20th Feb) it will be possible to frame a good outline DGW / WC plan. I'm more than happy that my team will hold together till then at least.

FHFC wrote: »
    Whats your value like atm?

I'm planning to head in a similar direction, but I've been heading that way since before Xmas. I'm finding the strong front 8 hard to shake having Alli currently 5th mid, and with Payet and Arnie in the mix. Its serving some purpose in being able to own (and gain value on) some mid price form players, auditioning them before deciding who to jettison for Stanislas.

I'm planning to get rid of Bellerin and Moreno, keeping Souare, Alder (for now) as I got him at 5.5 and Evans. For the other 2 spots I was thinking of Williams, with maybe Josh or Smith as bench fodder.

TV 105.9
    Rv 103.6
    Can get sanchez kdb Oscar Mahrez alli lukaku Aguero kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

We'll know the LC finalists this week and therefore the blanks for GW27 and possible DGW dates for these teams will be known.

The League Cup semis are over two legs, with the 2nd leg not until the 26th/27th January. So unless somebody absolutely hammers somebody else in the first leg we'll have to wait til then to find out for sure.

• Advertisement

TV 105.9
    Rv 103.6
    Can get sanchez kdb Oscar Mahrez alli lukaku Aguero kane

Is that not a strong front 8 then? :)

I've almost 1m RV on you at 104.5, which will hopefully allow me some flexibility. Its been flowing in lately with alli, Toby, Arnie and the like.

Is that not a strong front 8 then? :)

I've almost 1m RV on you at 104.5, which will hopefully allow me some flexibility. Its been flowing in lately with alli, Toby, Arnie and the like.

That's not necessarily how I'll end up just a rough idea. I've no problem having 8 realistic playing options and leaving pts on the bench. Alli as my cheapest mid that I could regularly play is no problem once I can fit in aguero and sanchez. My previous front 8 had Mahrez as cheapest mid so was never sustainable once I wanted the big guns back.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Wildcard activated the minute Aguero scored the other night.

Current wildcard team is

Y54rCRg.jpg?1

Current thinking is:

McCarthy > Schmeichel
    Bellerin > Zouma
    Barkley > Payet
    Kane > Costa

Or should I just stay put for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Bit sooner than had planned but thinking of pressing wildcard.

Possible wildcard team;

De Gea
    Alderweirld Sagna Cresswell
    Payet Ozil Mahrez De Bruyne
    Lukaku Kane Aguero

Elliot Alli Ward Simpson

If I go with above team, leaves me with .1m
    Any advice or suggestions or should I just hold out for another few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Possible wildcard team;

De Gea
    Lukaku Kane Aguero

Elliot Alli Ward Simpson

I sold de gea on wildcard
    Doesn't represent value for the money
    Courtois for example is .5 cheaper

km79 wrote: »
    I sold de gea on wildcard
    Doesn't represent value for the money
    Courtois for example is .5 cheaper

Thanks, had only been thinking that afterwards, definitely better value there and frees up bit extra cash

Possible wildcard team;

De Gea
    Lukaku Kane Aguero

Elliot Alli Ward Simpson

I'd look at Courtois for DeGea.

I'd be wary of Sagna as Zabaleta is available again. Sagna has not been rested much and I'd expect Zabaleta to be first choice when fully fit.

I think now is the time to ditch Lukaku. Very tough run coming up.

Maybe Sagna out for Pulisball and can you then upgrade Lukaku to Costa for some Chelsea attack coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

His next 2 are tough but then he has SWA NEW sto WBA
    He's also the most in form striker in the league so I couldn't justify getting rid of him.

Was hoping to track the progress made by 4 of this week's wildcarders and 4 posters that know they won't wildcard till before a dgw. I think the info would be useful for next year to see the effect of these new chips. I was hoping to track team value , points accrued, no of players playing in gw 30,34,35,37 including the bench boost, and point hits. I need 3 wildcard volunteers and 4 lads that haven't wildcarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Was hoping to track the progress made by 4 of this week's wildcarders and 4 posters that know they won't wildcard till before a dgw. I think the info would be useful for next year to see the effect of these new chips. I was hoping to track team value , points accrued, no of players playing in gw 30,34,35,37 including the bench boost, and point hits. I need 3 wildcard volunteers and 4 lads that haven't wildcarded.

Great idea. I'll volunteer as a wildcarder.

• Advertisement

Sounds good, I'm in.

Vardy due to drop tonight btw.

I'd look at Courtois for DeGea.

I'd be wary of Sagna as Zabaleta is available again. Sagna has not been rested much and I'd expect Zabaleta to be first choice when fully fit.

Maybe Sagna out for Pulisball and can you then upgrade Lukaku to Costa for some Chelsea attack coverage.

Can't see myself ditching Lukaku, he's been mr consistent this season.
    Definitely change De Gea, so thinking its a choice between Courtois/Butland and one from Sagna/Azpil/Evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Sounds like a good idea. I haven't wildcarded and won't til the double gameweeks. Count me in.

Looking at the fixtures there are a few teams with 4 home games in the next 6. Chelsea, city, bournemouth, swansea, villa. All teams at home next gw are also at home the gw after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Not planning on wildcarding until the double game weeks either so count me in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have wildcarded this week.
    PM the info you want, if you need me.

spock. wrote: »
    His next 2 are tough but then he has SWA NEW sto WBA
    He's also the most in form striker in the league so I couldn't justify getting rid of him.

I still have the idea in my head of doing Lukaku to Costa for those 2 weeks then Kane to Lukaku after that. Cost to buy back Lukaku would be 0.5m of team value though....

Madness?

Just after using wildcard, pm and let me know what info you need

I'll be one of your non wildcarders so.

• Advertisement

OK I've 5 wildcarders . I need 3 non wildcarders . I'll send pms tomorrow. If 3 non wildcarders want to pm me so as not to clog up the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

OK I've 5 wildcarders . I need 3 non wildcarders . I'll send pms tomorrow. If 3 non wildcarders want to pm me so as not to clog up the thread.

I would volunteer but I have absolutely no idea when I'll play it. I usually just wait until it feels right. Likely be a dgw but can't say for sure :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Prob won't last until the DGWs Busts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Wild card activated.

Sitting at 468k I need to do something:D

373722.png

Midfield is the weak link I guess.

Not sure about Willian, but he might be 7m Mahrez for the next few weeks, who knows?

Any thoughts? Apart from the one about not judging Aguero's and Chelsea's future performance by one single game;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm holding mine till the dgw if you need another.

You have aspect of someone in the 1.5M club with me too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I still have the idea in my head of doing Lukaku to Costa for those 2 weeks then Kane to Lukaku after that. Cost to buy back Lukaku would be 0.5m of team value though....

Madness?

Lukaku might only cost you 0.2 - 0.3 more at that stage.
    A couple of blanks and people will jump fairly quickly with everything else on offer.

I've done Walcott to Payet.

For a -4, I'm giving serious thought to a Lukaku & Giroud to Costa & Ighalo.

Personally I think Ighalo will be just as good of a bet as Lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

PARlance wrote: »
    Lukaku might only cost you 0.2 - 0.3 more at that stage.
    A couple of blanks and people will jump fairly quickly with everything else on offer.

I've done Walcott to Payet.

For a -4, I'm giving serious thought to a Lukaku & Giroud to Costa & Ighalo.

Personally I think Ighalo will be just as good of a bet as Lukaku.

I just looked at their fixtures and transferred Lukaku and Willian out for Ighalo and Payet.

Payet could pay off or not, but Ighalo is a beast :)

Also, two Chelsea players will be more than enough at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pm sent as a non wildcarder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

PM sent also as non wild carder

OK thanks lads I have everyone I need now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

OK thanks lads I have everyone I need now.

Looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Not to put more work on you, but would it be worth taking more than 4 non-WCers for now? I'm just thinking in case any current non-WCers end up having to unexpectedly WC early (rash of injuries etc?). If they did you might only have 1 or 2 non-WCers in your sample.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I can be a non wildcard guinea pig if busts needs extras :)

I can't promise I won't get notions but I've got form for holding onto the thing for as long as possible.

wonski wrote: »
    Wild card activated.

Sitting at 468k I need to do something:D

Midfield is the weak link I guess.

Not sure about Willian, but he might be 7m Mahrez for the next few weeks, who knows?

Any thoughts? Apart from the one about not judging Aguero's and Chelsea's future performance by one single game;)

I'd have Kane over Costa at least for the next two and maybe re-evaluate then whether you want Costa. Wouldn't be too keen on spending 5.8 on a keeper either. Usually like my 4.5s rotating. This season is even better with Butland for 4.5 and Hennessey for 3.9 rotating for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking forward to seeing the data. I will also not be wild carding till a DGW ;)

Im good to go now I have 7 wildcarders and 7 dgw wildcarders

Current wildcarders - Busts, csf, Donal, spock, fingers, mike ehramanaut, km79
    Dgw Wildcarders - lemlin, fhfc, iroced, greedygoblin, kilburn, tilted brain, klopparama

I need team ids off everyone bar the lads that are in the FSA premier. If you could PM them to me. Ill either open up a new thread for this or move it into the new chips discussion thread over the next couple of days. If anyone decides to wildcard before DGW we will be able to get somebody else. The data Im most interested in is how many extra players late wildcarders can select.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm going to go super cheap at the back.
    Hennessey elliot
    Smith Evans wolly rangel walker

Did you consider Simpson for your 5man cheapie defense, busts ?

And if not, why ? :)

Rikand wrote: »
    Did you consider Simpson for your 5man cheapie defense, busts ?

And if not, why ? :)

I did however I'm looking at next 6 fixtures and i think a lot of the others have better fixtures. There is also a few of the cheapie with 4 home games in the next 6. I can see myself go for Simpson or Morgan in 6 gws time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

what think ye of this wildcard team?

Hennessy McCarthy
    Bennett Dawson Alderweireld Rangel Smith
    Payet Alli Ozil De Breune Mahrez
    Lukaku Kane Aguero

Not a penny left in the bank if i go for it. I think Ighalo is the one i'm really having trouble getting rid of. Bought him at 6.1(6.4 price now), and he's been in such great form. Although the temptation to have Aguero is just sooooo big. Will be watching the Everton-Man City game tonight for sure to see how the great man gets on, although he's at 72% to a rise so i can't dither too much.

manual_man wrote: »
    what think ye of this wildcard team?

Hennessy McCarthy
    Bennett Dawson Alderweireld Rangel Smith
    Payet Alli Ozil De Breune Mahrez
    Lukaku Kane Aguero

Not a penny left in the bank if i go for it. I think Ighalo is the one i'm really having trouble getting rid of. Bought him at 6.1(6.4 price now), and he's been in such great form. Although the temptation to have Aguero is just sooooo big. Will be watching the Everton-Man City game tonight for sure to see how the great man gets on, although he's at 72% to a rise so i can't dither too much.

Wouldn't worry about the value. If memory serves me correctly I got Vardy at 6.1 and sold him this week for Aguero. Surely there's someone better than Bennett you can get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry about the value. If memory serves me correctly I got Vardy at 6.1 and sold him this week for Aguero. Surely there's someone better than Bennett you can get?

not for 3.9! he'll rarely be used, but is a nailed starter now it seems, and Norwich have tightened up at the back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    not for 3.9! he'll rarely be used, but is a nailed starter now it seems, and Norwich have tightened up at the back a bit.

A fair chance he won't be nailed come the close of the window. Neil is keen to get a number of players in. The Rb Ivo Pinto could see Martin back at CB if the links are true. Also the Italian Rainocchia has been mentioned a few times now too.

But who knows it's just conjecture for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement