Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

A fair chance he won't be nailed come the close of the window. Neil is keen to get a number of players in. The Rb Ivo Pinto could see Martin back at CB if the links are true. Also the Italian Rainocchia has been mentioned a few times now too.

But who knows it's just conjecture for now.

This is another risk with the early wildcard as Busts reminded us before. Cheapies like Stanislaus etc are not nailed until the window closes.

Even when it was a January wildcard I always tried to keep it till as late as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

A fair chance he won't be nailed come the close of the window. Neil is keen to get a number of players in. The Rb Ivo Pinto could see Martin back at CB if the links are true. Also the Italian Rainocchia has been mentioned a few times now too.

But who knows it's just conjecture for now.

Don't they have some hot shot handsome young lad out on loan to Wednesday as well, the name escapes me Mikhail Turnericci or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Don't they have some hot shot handsome young lad out on loan to Wednesday as well, the name escapes me Mikhail Turnericci or something like that.

Has been

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Half Russian half Italian is he.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

manual_man wrote: »
    what think ye of this wildcard team?

Hennessy McCarthy
    Bennett Dawson Alderweireld Rangel Smith
    Payet Alli Ozil De Breune Mahrez
    Lukaku Kane Aguero

Not a penny left in the bank if i go for it. I think Ighalo is the one i'm really having trouble getting rid of. Bought him at 6.1(6.4 price now), and he's been in such great form. Although the temptation to have Aguero is just sooooo big. Will be watching the Everton-Man City game tonight for sure to see how the great man gets on, although he's at 72% to a rise so i can't dither too much.

In wildcard territory as well, at the moment have identical front 8 as you, so I'm gonna say you've picked a great team.
    a week and half to decide, still considering Ighalo, Sanchez, Yaya, etc so, not nailed down yet.
    Would have slight concern your team is a bit weak at the back.

In wildcard territory as well, at the moment have identical front 8 as you, so I'm gonna say you've picked a great team.
    a week and half to decide, still considering Ighalo, Sanchez, Yaya, etc so, not nailed down yet.
    Would have slight concern your team is a bit weak at the back.

yeah i've lost out on team value by getting in alot of players late(and more expensive!) - Ozil, Alder, Ighalo, Mahrez. One option would be to downgrade Alli to say Stanislas and then invest the spare funds in defence.

yeah i've lost out on team value by getting in alot of players late(and more expensive!) - Ozil, Alder, Ighalo, Mahrez. One option would be to downgrade Alli to say Stanislas and then invest the spare funds in defence.

That's an option. At the moment I'm kinda between Kane and Ighalo. Planning on keeping Lukaku and Aguero(barring anymore injuries), so 3rd striker position is up for grabs.
    Kane has great fixtures but has been bit frustrating last few weeks. Ighalo seems to be delivering points most every week and frees up a lot of cash which could come in handy if likes of Sanchez comes back and is in form.

That's an option. At the moment I'm kinda between Kane and Ighalo. Planning on keeping Lukaku and Aguero(barring anymore injuries), so 3rd striker position is up for grabs.
    Kane has great fixtures but has been bit frustrating last few weeks. Ighalo seems to be delivering points most every week and frees up a lot of cash which could come in handy if likes of Sanchez comes back and is in form.

had thought the exact same. Iggy is probably the best form striker alongside Lukaku. He looks capable of scoring against any team.

had thought the exact same. Iggy is probably the best form striker alongside Lukaku. He looks capable of scoring against any team.

Only another week and a half of deciding and second guessing, my head will be melted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Only another week and a half of deciding and second guessing, my head will be melted

Less than a week, the next round of matches is midweek ;)

6 days there are midweek games. Deadline is 1845 tuesday.

6 days there are midweek games. Deadline is 1845 tuesday.

Cheers lads, forgot the next games were midweek

Lukaku limped off tonight wouldn't be bad news for us wildcarders if he was to miss a couple of games.

Lukaku limped off tonight wouldn't be bad news for us wildcarders if he was to miss a couple of games.

May not be the end of the world if you have Alli as 5th mid with Spurs next 2 games

Still seeing no Sunderland defence in the WC teams. That's surprising me considering it's an Allardyce team and they are starting players at very good prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Guys I've a noob question re. building TV when on the WC.
    To gain TV you buy in the players you think will rise 0.2M even if you don't want to keep them before the actual player you want rises ideally... and this is the bit that I'm unsure on......by building up hits/transfers and pressing "activate wildcard" only when your ready to pick your squad?
    Perhaps someone has a link to the original or an earlier thread where this was discussed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Still seeing no Sunderland defence in the WC teams. That's surprising me considering it's an Allardyce team and they are starting players at very good prices.

Probably due to the fact they are always getting beaten bar playing Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

ElTel wrote: »
    Guys I've a noob question re. building TV when on the WC.
    To gain TV you buy in the players you think will rise 0.2M even if you don't want to keep them before the actual player you want rises ideally... and this is the bit that I'm unsure on......by building up hits/transfers and pressing "activate wildcard" only when your ready to pick your squad?
    Perhaps someone has a link to the original or an earlier thread where this was discussed?

Building up value doesn't depend on when you activate the wildcard, just get in the players you expect to have a couple of rises early and then cash them in and get in the players you actually want before the end of the gameweek.

The ONLY reason to wait until the end of the gameweek before activating your wildcard is to make sure your transfers also contribute to price changes, as wildcard transfers don't count towards price changes.

In my view it's too risky though. Your transfers alone make such a marginal impact on prices that I'd just activate the wildcard early in the gameweek in case you brainfart and forget to do it later on.

Building up value doesn't depend on when you activate the wildcard, just get in the players you expect to have a couple of rises early and then cash them in and get in the players you actually want before the end of the gameweek.

The ONLY reason to wait until the end of the gameweek before activating your wildcard is to make sure your transfers also contribute to price changes, as wildcard transfers don't count towards price changes.

In my view it's too risky though. Your transfers alone make such a marginal impact on prices that I'd just activate the wildcard early in the gameweek in case you brainfart and forget to do it later on.

Bless you.:o
    I was overthinking it. I was assuming you can't make profit on the WC page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pretty much exactly sums up my current options

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Pretty much exactly sums up my current options

Will probably stick with Kane for the home games against Leicester and Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

This year does the 2nd WC have to be used before the end of January or is it free to use right up until GW38?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Jesper wrote: »
    This year does the 2nd WC have to be used before the end of January or is it free to use right up until GW38?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

In a no transfers league, loads of injuries first half so tough with team value. Looking at

Butland Hennessey
    Cathcart Moreno Dier Wooly Simpson
    Alli, Ozil Mahrez Arnautovic Hoolahan/Gosling
    Ageuro Kane Lukaku

Any thoughts?

Thinking of Igahlo in for Kane and upgrade 4th midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

naughtb4 wrote: »
    In a no transfers league, loads of injuries first half so tough with team value. Looking at

Butland Hennessey
    Ageuro Kane Lukaku

Any thoughts?

Well, if it's a no transfers league, I'd be inclined to leave your team as is!

Well, if it's a no transfers league, I'd be inclined to leave your team as is!

Ha sorry should have clarified, wildcards only

Shaw Gomis Diouf and Westwood means changes must be made

naughtb4 wrote: »

Butland Hennessey
    Ageuro Kane Lukaku

Any thoughts?

I'd definitely try to find 0.2 more to put King 5th mid over Gosling. Playing up front and playing well. In a no transfers league where that 5th mid could end up playing a lot it would be a good move.

Unless you had Butland from the start I'd go for Courtois at the same price and then Rudd at 3.9 in case Courtois gets injured. In your situation non playing McCarthy at 3.8 might be a risk.

With Swansea confirming their caretaker till the end of the season I'd go A Williams over Moreno. Otherwise thats a good team from now till end season. Dunno how much you had left over originally but if you could squeeze Oscar in for Arnie at all it'd be great, but even with some minor savings as above thats probably tight. Maybe Cathcart to Smith or even Ryan Bennet (riskier) saving another 0.5 or 0.6. It might be worth gambling on just 4 playing defs and get Oxford or Targett at 3.7.

Finally unless you have to play it now, or ypur team is in rags, in a no transfers situation maybe waiting till window is closed may be safer in case somebody loses their place?

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd definitely try to find 0.2 more to put King 5th mid over Gosling. Playing up front and playing well. In a no transfers league where that 5th mid could end up playing a lot it would be a good move.

Unless you had Butland from the start I'd go for Courtois at the same price and then Rudd at 3.9 in case Courtois gets injured. In your situation non playing McCarthy at 3.8 might be a risk.

With Swansea confirming their caretaker till the end of the season I'd go A Williams over Moreno. Otherwise thats a good team from now till end season. Dunno how much you had left over originally but if you could squeeze Oscar in for Arnie at all it'd be great, but even with some minor savings as above thats probably tight. Maybe Cathcart to Smith or even Ryan Bennet (riskier) saving another 0.5 or 0.6. It might be worth gambling on just 4 playing defs and get Oxford or Targett at 3.7.

Finally unless you have to play it now, or ypur team is in rags, in a no transfers situation maybe waiting till window is closed may be safer in case somebody loses their place?

Thanks, team is in rags with season long injuries and non players so need the change quickly. Williams from Moreno frees up a bit of cash as does Hennessy to Rudd (hadn't realised he was playing).

Watford are doing well on the CS so liked the look of one of their defenders and I am a bit worried about King with regards to Iturbe coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Bit the bullet this week and used the wildcard. Had a bit of switching to do, but came out with:

Butland - Myhill
    Cresswell - Dawson - Alderweireld - Zouma - Simpson
    Mahrez - Ozil - De Bruyne - Arnautovic - Alli
    Lukaku - Ighalo - Aguero

Leaves 0.2 in the bank, here's hoping they pull back a few red arrows to green ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm looking at a -12 and will probably wildcard. Simply too much happening at the moment.

Aguero back on form, Costa and Chelsea on the way back, Payet back, lots of value in defence, Leicester tiring slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Think I have my WC team sorted now. Not going with Payet for now but I may bring him in if he shows form.
    Aguero Costa Kane up front.

entropi wrote: »
    Bit the bullet this week and used the wildcard. Had a bit of switching to do, but came out with:

Butland - Myhill
    Cresswell - Dawson - Alderweireld - Zouma - Simpson
    Mahrez - Ozil - De Bruyne - Arnautovic - Alli
    Lukaku - Ighalo - Aguero

Leaves 0.2 in the bank, here's hoping they pull back a few red arrows to green ones.

Foster pulled off some good saves in the brief highlights I saw on MOTD so I would suggest Henney, Elliot or Rudd at 3.9M (seems to be first choice now) as alternatives to Myhill to have some extra cash itb. Solid squad. Good Luck.
    Ruddy at fault for the last City goal so Rudd looks more secure now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

spock. wrote: »
    Think I have my WC team sorted now. Not going with Payet for now but I may bring him in if he shows form.
    Aguero Costa Kane up front.

Brave going without Lukaku. He's the most in form striker in the League.

May not be the end of the world if you have Alli as 5th mid with Spurs next 2 games

Did you consider a cheaper spurs defender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

ElTel wrote: »
    Foster pulled off some good saves in the brief highlights I saw on MOTD so I would suggest Henney, Elliot or Rudd at 3.9M (seems to be first choice now) as alternatives to Myhill to have some extra cash itb. Solid squad. Good Luck.
    Ruddy at fault for the last City goal so Rudd looks more secure now imo.
    May take a look at the squad now and give one of those a shot. I've seen Myhill drop a bit in form lately come to think of it. Appreciate that, thanks. Best of luck to you also.

This is where Im at at the moment.
    Hennesey elliot
    collins williams evans smith walker
    mahrez ozil pedro kdb alli
    lukaku kane aguero
    Not too comfortable with 3 spurs players

Hennesey elliot
    lukaku kane aguero
    Collins is probably gonna be out of the West Ham starting XI now that Reid is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hennesey elliot
    lukaku kane aguero

Big fan of a punt myself and Pedro crossed my head too. But I think 8.9 is too much of your budget to be using on a player who has 1 goal and 1 assist to his name since GW 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Willian instead of Pedro surely. Pedro is massively overpriced for his returns.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Big fan of a punt myself and Pedro crossed my head too. But I think 8.9 is too much of your budget to be using on a player who has 1 goal and 1 assist to his name since GW 4.

Apart from Costa I can't see past Oscar from Chelsea. Seems more involved in attacks and on form than Pedro. Also, Hazard will be back in 2 weeks approx when you'd imagine somebody has to drop out from Oscar, Willian and Pedro.

8.9 for a player you can't be sure will be starting in 2 weeks??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

CSF wrote: »

He wasn't great today too.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Collins is probably gonna be out of the West Ham starting XI now that Reid is back

was thinking that but I keep reading quotes from bilic praising him after games the last few weeks. What would the back 4 be has tompkins been playing RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

was thinking that but I keep reading quotes from bilic praising him after games the last few weeks. What would the back 4 be has tompkins been playing RB.

Ogbonna is the rival.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Willian instead of Pedro surely. Pedro is massively overpriced for his returns.

I dont see willian as a goal threat. I just dont think he can keep up his free kick conversion rate. I agree pedro is overpriced and am only considering him for the 2 home games as it seems hazard is out. Id like oscar but he seems to be a doubt now aswell. Pedro is the best options of their mids once guaranteed pitch time IMO. I dont plan on keeping him after that as Ill downgrade him to a liverpool mid if they make the carling cup final.

Hennesey elliot
    lukaku kane aguero

Vardy instead of Kane and Ighalo if you feel Mahrez is enough. I'd change Collins to Ake/Watford. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

When is the second wildcard active from? Mine has not appeared yet

When is the second wildcard active from? Mine has not appeared yet

It's active now start making transfers and it will appear

Hennesey elliot
    lukaku kane aguero

Will most likely have the same front 8 apart from Pedro. Think your taking a real punt with him, can see your thinking of having Chelsea cover for next few gw's but I'd pick Oscar (if fit) over him.
    Would also free up some funds.

Tompkins - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell

Collins is a great stand-in but can't see him keeping Ogbonna on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hennesey elliot
    lukaku kane aguero

You can downgrade Kane once you decide to go Pedro to Hazard :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement