Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

menoscemo wrote:
    I am thinking my Ideal midfield atm is: Sanchez-Silva-Depay-Ayew-Mahrez

I was looking at having Mahrez as my 4th Mid and Fletcher as a sub but I don't really want to sell Ayew even if I make a profit on him this week, I think he is a season keeper as is Mahrez, so should I go 3-5-2? Hmmmm...

That's my midfield! :o
    I'm going 451 though so easier for me to afford that midfield I guess.
    I guess it depends on who your 3rd striker would be if you sold Ayew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

spock. wrote: »
    That's my midfield! :o
    I'm going 451 though so easier for me to afford that midfield I guess.
    I guess it depends on who your 3rd striker would be if you sold Ayew.

I currently have Gomis as 3rd striker (with Aguero and Benteke). I should make a profit from him by Saturday morning :).
    Obviously I'll only be keeping one or the other. So it's either Ayew in a 3-5-2 or Gomis in a 3-4-3; decisions, decisions......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Anyone at all considering Hoolahan as a 5th mid? At 5.0 great price for returns thus far, has very decent fixtures for the next couple of months. Would free up nice money for a good 3rd forward.
    Anyone who watches Norwich play have any opinions?

How long will Kolarov have right back for though? What about Clichy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Left back, and if he performs like he did Sunday the place is his until he lets it drop IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Anyone at all considering Hoolahan as a 5th mid? At 5.0 great price for returns thus far, has very decent fixtures for the next couple of months. Would free up nice money for a good 3rd forward.

I don't know enough about him but I'm generally happy with a £4.5m gametime guaranteed bench fodder (e.g. Wanyama, Fletcher). He'll only come in once or twice a season in theory so I see no poin tin "wasting" what could be a precious £0.5m elsewhere ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dam Depay making me rethink my WC team- was on my watchlist anyways-

So comes down to Depay or Benteke in first 11.
    Depay (wilson/deeney as first sub)
    Benteke (Januzai/ redmond as first sub)
    First sub will prob rotate with mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Green&Red wrote: »
    I've seen this theory before, you're saying you wouldn't play ur WC because you've missed out on at most 0.5. Not wild carding for 1/200 of the total value
    CSF wrote: »
    Well yes, if the wildcard wasn't urgent on Sunday when City made themselves so palatable, why now?

0.5m is a lot of team value at this stage! Gaining this and the subsequent rises you should pick up over the next couple of weeks is a key benefit of the early wildcard. So yes, if youve not allowed for this potential advantage then its a big waste.

1/200th of total values is a pointless way of putting it. Its the difference it makes to one spot on your team, its 1/20th of a premium midfielder/striker!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I have him as my 4th mid at the moment. As a 5th he'd infuriate you I'd say as he'll leave points on your bench and probably be benched the time you need him.

I think he's on penalties but can't be sure of that. I have a post replying to Swiper about him in the watchlist thread from before last weekend with further thoughts. He was a vital link man at the weekend and those 2 assists were no flukes but subbed on 62 minutes too.

Mr P. Mickey T seems he might drop to 3.9 in the next few days. That might present a valid excuse to get him in the squad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I said it on here before the game Sunday. I think there has been a change in the pecking order between clichy and kolorav. City have won there last 8 games in the league it's coincided with kolorav being in the team. They will be rotated but I think kolorav is now first choice as opposed to the other way around. He is worth it even if he only plays 3 out of 4 games .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I said it on here before the game Sunday. I think there has been a change in the pecking order between clichy and kolorav. City have won there last 8 games in the league it's coincided with kolorav being in the team. They will be rotated but I think kolorav is now first choice as opposed to the other way around. He is worth it even if he only plays 3 out of 4 games .

I agree. City have scored six goals iirc and he's picked up bps in both games without being involved in any.

Imagine when he does inevitably become involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

But Kolarov is kinda the same boat as Walcott in as such that - If you're spending 9.0/5.5 on a midfielder/defender you need to be sure he's gonna start.

Wildcard increase of 0.8mill. I'll take it!

stephenl15 wrote: »
    But Kolarov is kinda the same boat as Walcott in as such that - If you're spending 9.0/5.5 on a midfielder/defender you need to be sure he's gonna start.

It's a bit different in that you are only picking 3 defs from 5 most weeks one of your 2 subs should have an OK fixture if kolorav doesn't play. I've never had kolorav before this year as he was clearly 2nd choice it's worth the rotation risk if he is seen as first choice. He could quite easily have had 3 or 4 assists already this season. I actually went with Kolarov as my city attacking coverage in my initial team. The c.s were a bonus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

At 1.2 at the moment - but noting I can bank yet.
    Need a few to rise by another 0.1 to get anything out of wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any chance of Zarate making another rise? Really need to make 0.1 for my final draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

F1ngers wrote: »
    At 1.2 at the moment - but noting I can bank yet.
    Need a few to rise by another 0.1 to get anything out of wildcard.

Nothing bankable for me, but I've avoided price falls on a few players and I've gotten a few in I wouldn't be able to afford next week and plenty that will go up that are in my longterm plans.

dahat wrote: »
    Any chance of Zarate making another rise? Really need to make 0.1 for my final draft.

Would be very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Trying to decide which 2 from Ayew, Memphis and Payet...
    Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trying to decide which 2 from Ayew, Memphis and Payet...
    Any advice?

Go with the form is my advice. Depay has done nothing in the EPL to this point. I'd wait until he does and then there is a big decision to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »

he has just tweeted he got injured in training and will miss 2 games.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't care about catching price rises half as much as getting rid of players that would have killed my team value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

SlickRic wrote: »
    I don't care about catching price rises half as much as getting rid of players that would have killed my team value.
    Yeah, 1 drop = 2 rises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I won't bother thinking too much about it until Friday, but I can see my wildcard team consisting of something like the below:

Myhill/McCarthy

Kolorov/Darmian + 3 £4.5m's that rotate reasonably well

Sanchez/Silva/X/X + Fletcher as my £4.5m

Aguero/Diouf/X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »
    I won't bother thinking too much about it until Friday, but I can see my wildcard team consisting of something like the below:

Myhill/McCarthy

Aguero/Diouf/X

I just loaded my team up with the likely price risers so have:
    Mignolet/Ruddy
    Kolorov/Darmian/Richards/Gomez/Targett
    Sanchez/Silva/Payet/Barkley/Mahrez
    Aguero/Gomis/Deeney

Obviously I'll change it, but I've seen worse teams! Can see me keeping the same players as yourself (bar Diouf). Barkley will likely be downgraded and money put into other areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's all about getting the right facilitators in with the big boys. I wish there wasn't such a selection. My rough team as it stands is:

Romero/McCarthy
    Darmian, Kolarov, 4.5, Richards, 3.9 non playing
    Yaya, Sanchez, Depay, Marhez, Albrighton
    Aguero, Giroud, Sakho

I'm happy enough to get a non playing 5th defender on the cheap... Mr. P might be able to advise on a good one at 3.9 soon.

Keeping Albrighton with the intent of selling him on shortly when/if he rises 0.2. He'll go to 4.5 to free up funds.

PARlance wrote: »
    It's all about getting the right facilitators in with the big boys. I wish there wasn't such a selection. My rough team as it stands is:

Romero/McCarthy
    Darmian, Kolarov, 4.5, Richards, 3.9 non playing
    Yaya, Sanchez, Depay, Marhez, Albrighton
    Aguero, Giroud, Sakho

I'm happy enough to get a non playing 5th defender on the cheap... Mr. P might be able to advise on a good one at 3.9 soon.

Keeping Albrighton with the intent of selling him on shortly when/if he rises 0.2. He'll go to 4.5 to free up funds.

There's already a few decent 4.4m playing defenders with a few to follow before saturday. Francis of Bournemouth would be my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I would give anything for Mickey T to have one final swan song in that Norwich defence.

It'll take a few injuries to happen though or a change of manager. Alex Neil won't be getting sacked anytime soon though!

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    There's already a few decent 4.4m playing defenders with a few to follow before saturday. Francis of Bournemouth would be my choice.

Francis would be a cracking buy at 4.4m. Definitely one I'm hoping drops in price tonight.

Got a little giddy when i saw he was to drop earlier especially as I'm scraping for 0.1 to make my final draft.

Agree re: Francis.

Bournemouth have a cracking run coming up too and only conceded 1 at Anfield without giving up too many clear chances and 1 against Villa from a set piece.

Definite value for their schedule at £4.4m.

Ritchie at £5.8m, possibly even £5.7m by Saturday is the same.

Bournemouth have a cracking run coming up too and only conceded 1 at Anfield without giving up too many clear chances and 1 against Villa from a set piece.

Wouldn't be looking at the goal against Villa being a set piece goal as a negating factor, but they do have good fixtures for sure.

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't be looking at the goal against Villa being a set piece goal as a negating factor, but they do have good fixtures for sure.

Yeah, agreed. I meant to allude to that by saying it was poorly defended but something that could be sorted as opposed to making it sound like a good thing. :)

Im currently going with costa:eek:

• Advertisement

I haven't a notion what to do with my final wc team!! Off work so not had much time to look at options!! :D

I know we're all going without Hazard but I'm very wary of being able to get him in if need be. He still has 56% ownership so if chelsea get their shįt together he will murder you.

Hopefully he'll blank another week and drop a few hundred k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Which one are they? Any of 4.4 Defenders I searched haven't kicked a ball?

Would much rather someone dropped to 3.9 in GK or DEF to be my non playing subs that would free up a nice bit if downgrading from a 4.5 player.

I'm really considering hanging on to 2 MFs at 4.5 to have 5 biggies in Silva, Alexis, (Mata or Depay), Aguero, (Costa/Rooney), would that be madness?
    Defoe or a 5.0 striker would be my last spot.

Would have to play 2 of the 3 cheapies every week so could be risky.

Ritchie at £5.8m, possibly even £5.7m by Saturday is the same.

Sold Ritchie when he was 6.0 but would seriously think about bringing him back in if he falls to 5.7

shineon23 wrote: »
    Which one are they? Any of 4.4 Defenders I searched haven't kicked a ball?

Ah sorry, I thought Francis dropped last night for some reason? :confused:

Anyway Francis and Coates are down to drop tonight on FFFix if they don't tonight they will before the weekend; there are a few others who might just drop before Saturday including Robert Huth. I have already shipped him out of my team in the hopes of getting him back in again for 4.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ah sorry, I thought Francis dropped last night for some reason? :confused:

Anyway Francis and Coates are down to drop tonight on FFFix if they don't tonight they will before the weekend; there are a few others who might just drop before Saturday including Robert Huth. I have already shipped him out of my team in the hopes of getting him back in again for 4.4.

Ah right, thought I was going blind, am trying to shave a bit of money off in defence before Saturday, the way Sunderland are playing I wouldn't touch their defence at the minute,
    but Huth would be excellent at 4.4 with Leicester's form
    And Bournemouth could have kept a clean sheet Monday if the offside was given so there's potential there for a clean sheet now and again.

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    Ah right, thought I was going blind, am trying to shave a bit of money off in defence before Saturday, the way Sunderland are playing I wouldn't touch their defence at the minute,
    but Huth would be excellent at 4.4 with Leicester's form
    And Bournemouth could have kept a clean sheet Monday if the offside was given so there's potential there for a clean sheet now and again.

Francis was touted as a strong attacking threat before the season started so at 4.4 he would be a bargain, as would Huth with his goal scoring history. Here's hoping we can get them both in before Saturday at the cut price......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fairly sure this will be my final draft:

Romero McCarthy

Kolarov Gomez Richards Cedric Ward

Sanchez Depay Payet Mahrez Ayew

Aguero Benteke Deeney

Depay has a week or two more to prove himself, Oscar ran the show against Swansea before the red card so should be an easy transfer to him if it doesn't work out.

Francis looks way off a drop now :(

Myhill/McCarthy

Aguero/Diouf/X

Diouf is a great shout actually Paully. I'm looking very similar to the above after spending some time on it last night. Gomis probably my third forward. Considering a 4.0 non playing 5th def.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Diouf would worry me a bit, they've had the lowest amount of attempts on goal so far and I don't really see them as a creative team.

I'm going to pay a fraction extra for Sakho as I think he's a much better option.

That's nearly it for me. 3 Forwards have been decided:
    Aguero, Sakho, Gomis

Nearly sure of my midfielders too:
    Sanchez, Yaya, Depay, Mahrez (cheapie)

Think that gives me a good enough balance and cover of from the performing teams for the time being.

I'm likely to go 352.

McCarthy, Myhill

Kolarov,Darmian,Williams,Richards,Taylor

Payet, Sanchez,Silva,Depay,Albrighton

Aguero,Gomis, Igahlo

Pretty happy but 0.1 short so need to nick it from somewhere before Saturday.

I can change Williams to a 4.5 and go Mahrez instead of Albrighton but keen to hold him as fixtures and possible bp make him attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm seriously considering the below team:

plppVDU.png

I think it is a really strong front 7 with a cheapie 3rd forward

The defence isn't ideal but still have a Chelsea, United & Liverpool defender with reasonable rotation with Huth/Francis.

If Huth & Francis would do me a favour and drop to 4.4 each I could afford Ighalo instead of Grabban up front.

Any thoughts? Too much committed in midfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm finished with my WC team, just have to watch price changes now.

Courtois McCarthy
    Kolarov Bellerin Darmian Gomez Francis
    Sanchez Silva Depay Ayew Mahrez
    Aguero Ighalo Grabban

It will be 451 most weeks with Ighalo occasionally playing in a 352 depending on fixtures.
    0.2 itb (hopefully 0.3 if Francis drops)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

spock. wrote: »
    I'm finished with my WC team, just have to watch price changes now.

Courtois McCarthy
    Kolarov Bellerin Darmian Gomez Francis
    Sanchez Silva Depay Ayew Mahrez
    Aguero Ighalo Grabban

It will be 451 most weeks with Ighalo occasionally playing in a 352 depending on fixtures.
    0.2 itb (hopefully 0.3 if Francis drops)

Quite similar to my effort above except I went with 4.5 & 4.0 defenders whereas you have Kolarov and Bellerin. I would worry that Bellerin & Kolarov are premium defenders who aren't guaranteed 90 minutes. I was stung with Walcott at the start of the season and it cost me dearly. IMHO if they are dear they have to start.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Have you pulled the plug on the WC? If so I think it looks good. I'm looking at 10 of your 15 players. I have different keepers as I like to have two playing keepers to avoid a, ironically, Courtois situation after GW1.

Grabban is the weak link but if you could upgrade to Ighalo it would make things stronger. I think it's important to ensure you have 15 starters when WCing as the last thing you need is to have to take points hits straight after due to an injury/suspension.

I'm actually torn on Sanchez. Not sure he is worth 2.5m more than Ozil and that cash could really beef up my 2nd defender and 3rd attacker. On the other side, Sanchez gives an easy route to Hazard if necessary.

• Advertisement
Advertisement