Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Benimar wrote: »
    Have you pulled the plug on the WC? If so I think it looks good. I'm looking at 10 of your 15 players. I have different keepers as I like to have two playing keepers to avoid a, ironically, Courtois situation after GW1.

Grabban is the weak link but if you could upgrade to Ighalo it would make things stronger. I think it's important to ensure you have 15 starters when WCing as the last thing you need is to have to take points hits straight after due to an injury/suspension.

I'm actually torn on Sanchez. Not sure he is worth 2.5m more than Ozil and that cash could really beef up my 2nd defender and 3rd attacker. On the other side, Sanchez gives an easy route to Hazard if necessary.

Yeah, after the disaster of GW1 & 2 I had to WC.

The 0.4 I'd free up from Courtois would let me upgrade Grabban to Ighalo but I would like some Chelsea coverage as I think they will come good.

I was actually reading your comment re Ozil in the other thread and it really makes a big difference to the team that 2.5 saving. Not sure what the better option is. Ozil would allow me either Kompany/Ighalo or a 4.5def/6.5for combo.

My decision making so far has been poor so I think I should go against my instincts!

Cheers for the feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ashley Williams, Micha Richards ,Saylor

Ward,Francis, Richards.

Which combo? Prefer the first one myself but wary of S.Taylor being a non player. Worth the risk or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

dahat wrote: »

Ward,Francis, Richards.

Which combo? Prefer the first one myself but wary of S.Taylor being a non player. Worth the risk or not?

I'd prefer the second one. Not ideal to have a non-playing defender which is essentially what Saylor is. I would go with option 2 if it were me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yea I'd agree. I was thinking of putting a 4.0 defender in my team but it's not worth it as you'll be losing a player in your squad and more than likely 0.1 value. Having that extra defender available will give you better options each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

dahat wrote: »

Ward,Francis, Richards.

I'd go with 2 also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭skippy15

Think in wc team i need assured starts- few players giving me food for thought
    Kolorov- usually prime rotation looks to have nailed place but will be rotated esp with europe
    Bellerin- same as above really. Best priced option with att potential but a rotation risk
    Gomez- cheap way into pool def. But i feel once pool keep solid; moreno will be first choice due to att potential
    Mccarthy- great to have a playing 4m keeper but will have a sell be date
    Walcott- no comment @#$#
    Ox- when deal goes through for song esp his place is gone. Think all 4mil def in same boat.

I agree its getting these at best times; but don't think can have so many rotation risks when you add in injuries/susp/ fixtures.
    currently have mccarthy gomez kol ox but think this will have change now. Mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Thinking along the lines of this:

Courtois McCarthy

Kolarov Richards Gomez Ward Martin

Anya Silva Sanchez Payet Mahrez

Aguero Benteke Gomis

Is the defence too cheap?? It gives me a strong midfield and strike force but maybe a bit unbalanced?

Is the defence too cheap?? It gives me a strong midfield and strike force but maybe a bit unbalanced?

I think your side is pretty good.

You are making Kolarov rotation proof (risky, probably safe for now) and rotating decent defenders from AV LIV CP NOR

You can always swap out Kolarov if Clichy gets game time.

0kYd82Y.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Any opinions on this draft?

2dqki89.png

Would still like to have Depay or Rooney for Saturday and then maybe get rid.

Hopefully Francis will drop .1, don't actually have him yet.

• Advertisement

2dqki89.png

Nice Balance. Are you going to play Kone much? Considering his schedule (very bad) and the fact you seem to be lining up for 3-5-2 ?

You could consider say Watmore for Sunderland and distribute the .6 either in MID or DEF

Colking wrote: »
    Nice Balance. Are you going to play Kone much? Considering his schedule (very bad) and the fact you seem to be lining up for 3-5-2 ?

You could consider say Watmore for Sunderland and distribute the .6 either in MID or DEF

If I keep him I would play 3-4-3 now and again depending on fixtures, though its hard to drop any of those midfielders.
    Not sure about Kone though. They have a lot of tough fixtures as you say and he might even be dropped for a more defensive player depending on how Martinez approaches those games.

I wouldn't see the point in getting a player like Watmore tbh he doesn't get many minutes. If anything i might downgrade a def to a 3.9/4.0 as I almost always go with a 3 man defence.

If I keep him I would play 3-4-3 now and again depending on fixtures, though its hard to drop any of those midfielders.
    Not sure about Kone though. They have a lot of tough fixtures as you say and he might even be dropped for a more defensive player depending on how Martinez approaches those games.

I wouldn't see the point in getting a player like Watmore tbh he doesn't get many minutes. If anything i might downgrade a def to a 3.9/4.0 as I almost always go with a 3 man defence.

If you are considering a 3-4-3 then you need to spend more money on a third striker and downgrade DEF or MID.

Your Keeper probably gives the best chance of downgrading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Looking at this for my finished team:

Myhill
    (McCarthy)

Shaw
    Kolarov
    2 x 4.5 out of Martin, JOS, Gomez, Ward.
    (Targett)

Silva
    Sanchez
    Depay
    Payet
    Ritchie

Aguero
    Gomis
    (Grabban)

Any thoughts?

I'm worried about no Chelsea coverage at all. I might be able to scrape Courtois after some rises. Hazard will scare me as those who don't WC will probably have him.

Happy with Shaw and Kolarov. I'll have to see how I feel about the 4.5 defenders come Saturday. I might even make enough cash to swap Targett for another in the 4.3 to 4.5 range.

I think 5 midfielders might be the way to go for now. Too many good options playing high up the pitch. I'm well covered for now. I'm a bit iffy on Ritchie, but if he gets to 5.8 or lower by Saturday he could be gold. I'm also tempted by Mahrez obviously.

I'd have possibly played Montero instead of Ritchie if Gomis wasn't such good value right now, and I'm not playing 2 attackers from Swansea.

Aguero is self explanatory.

Any tweaks anyone would make if they were in my shoes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A lot of people dropping Hazard. This time last season there was a discussion, believe it or not, about whether Aguero was worth the price.

Deja vu?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »

Myhill
    (McCarthy)

Shaw
    Kolarov
    (Targett)

Silva
    Sanchez
    Depay
    Payet
    Ritchie

Aguero
    Gomis
    (Grabban)

Any thoughts?

I'm worried about no Chelsea coverage at all. I might be able to scrape Courtois after some rises. Hazard will scare me as those who don't WC will probably have him.

Happy with Shaw and Kolarov. I'll have to see how I feel about the 4.5 defenders come Saturday. I might even make enough cash to swap Targett for another in the 4.3 to 4.5 range.

I think 5 midfielders might be the way to go for now. Too many good options playing high up the pitch. I'm well covered for now. I'm a bit iffy on Ritchie, but if he gets to 5.8 or lower by Saturday he could be gold. I'm also tempted by Mahrez obviously.

I'd have possibly played Montero instead of Ritchie if Gomis wasn't such good value right now, and I'm not playing 2 attackers from Swansea.

I think ur back 7 could end up being too risky myhill and Mccarthy both will lose their place in time I'd imagine. If going with kolorav will sometimes be rotated shaw quite injury prone at utd and targett also likely to lose his place. For your two 4.5 I think it has to be Martin and ward as jos and gomez may not play either.
    A back 7 of
    Myhill Mccarthy
    Kolorav shaw targett jos gomez
    Could end up meaning a lot of transfers on your back 7.
    On foster does anyone know when he is due back and my other fear with myhill is that pulis was linked with a keeper and is talking about lots of changes to his squad next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

whether to take a punt on pedro or not....

SlickRic wrote: »

Myhill
    (McCarthy)

Shaw
    Kolarov
    (Targett)

Silva
    Sanchez
    Depay
    Payet
    Ritchie

Aguero
    Gomis
    (Grabban)

Any thoughts?

Nicely Balanced Side.

As you're playing a 3-5-2 your third striker doesn't matter that much. Maybe consider Watmore from Sunderland - he was one of the very few who came out with any credibility last week and I think he might get a bit of playing time. There are also a few rumors that Defoe could be on his way to help bring down the wage bill (not sure if there is any truth in this)

Personally I'd avoid the Sunderland defense at the moment. They have a nice run of fixtures and I considered them a must have at the beginning of the season but now ? I'd wait a few weeks and see if Advocat can sort them out.
    If Francis for Bournemouth were to drop I'd definitely consider him.

If you have Gomez since 4.5 then fine I'd stay if not I'd look elsewhere (Arsenal game will be a good litmus test for his sustainability, if he does well I think he will hold his place ahead of Moreno)

I would not worry about Ritchie, the guy looks a menace and it's only a matter of time before he starts paying off.

If you don't have Mahrez by now (bit like Gomez really) I'd hold off. If he has another good weekend then jump on him as I think he'll get another rapid .2 rise.

Depay hasn't convinced me yet, he is still settling in but Brugge is a low yardstick to measure him by. I'd consider Chadli as a differential. Spurs have a nice run of games and if Kane is not fully better after his tweak Chadli will be one of the best sources of offence they possess.

Some food for thought.

All in all I like your side

2FoLgN1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    A lot of people dropping Hazard. This time last season there was a discussion, believe it or not, about whether Aguero was worth the price.

Deja vu?

I'm under no illusions he'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, but with the prices of some players you can only do so much. I think the only way to get a somewhat balanced side is to take 3 from Aguero, Sanchez, Hazard and Silva.

Aguero is obviously essential and anyone who doesn't have him from GW4 is done, so it really comes down to 2 from Sanchez, Silva and Hazard. At the moment - price, fixtures and form (I know it's only 2 weeks) dictate to me that Silva is 1 of the 2, so then for me it becomes a shoot-out between Hazard and Sanchez.

Looking at the fixtures for the next 6 GW's (which most of us will agree is around about the maximum you can plan for in this game):

Arsenal - LIV, new, STO, che, lei, MUN
    Chelsea - wba, PAL, eve, ARS, new, SOU

Chelsea have the better games, but then the age old FPL debate of form over fixtures comes up. All the advanced stats are indicating that Sanchez is tearing things up and will continue to do so, whereas Hazard's advanced stats aren't too promising at all. Admittedly, I was stung badly here last year in a similar predicament with 2 different players which may be impacting my thinking.

I'll take my chances with Sanchez and the extra £0.5m (which means a £5.0m defender such as van Aanholt could have become a Kolorov or Shaw for example before the rise) and re-evaluate as the weeks go on. Getting Hazard in when you have Sanchez and Silva in the team is not too difficult if/when he goes back to must-have status anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This ^^^ is exactly my feeling in it. Anyone wise will be poised to get Hazard in with a -4 or 2 fts.
    but given form and short term fixtures and a choice of 2 from Haz, Sanchez or Silva would anyone in the discussion really put Haz in a wildcard team this week??

As i said somewhere else his 56% ownership is somewhat terrifying.....a penalty and an assist this weekend would hurt. But he's not going to be widely captained for now and having the less owned Sanchez is a risk worth taking with potentially very high reward. The other side of Hazards ownership of course is that even on more blank could turn the steady NTO to a flood and he could drop 0.2 or 0.3 even while Silva and Sanchez rise.

FHFC wrote: »
    This ^^^ is exactly my feeling in it. Anyone wise will be poised to get Hazard in with a -4 or 2 fts.
    but given form and short term fixtures and a choice of 2 from Haz, Sanchez or Silva would anyone in the discussion really put Haz in a wildcard team this week??

As i said somewhere else his 56% ownership is somewhat terrifying.....a penalty and an assist this weekend would hurt. But he's not going to be widely captained for now and having the less owned Sanchez is a risk worth taking with potentially very high reward. The other side of Hazards ownership of course is that even on more blank could turn the steady NTO to a flood and he could drop 0.2 or 0.3 even while Silva and Sanchez rise.

Good points. I think anyone on a WC has most likely shifted him. I'm not on a WC so I'm giving him this weekend and then I'll go Sanchez if there's nothing. I think there will be a landslide of casuals dropping him if he doesn't come up with the good s this w/e which is great news as you might be able to reacquire him for 11.3 or 11.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I have Hazard and I'm not selling him, this week. I'm also not on a WC.

If I was on a WC I doubt I'd have him in my team. Silva would be my midfield priority and then I'd be looking at Sanchez. I don't think Silva will ever be "essential" in the same way the others will probably be but I'm very much considering/planning Hazard to Silva next week with my FT. Rooney to somebody and a -4 could also be a thing though if Hazard does wake up.

Of course things will happen in the mean time. I'm just hoping that Sanchez contains himself for a couple of more weeks yet.

I have Hazard and I'm not selling him, this week. I'm also not on a WC.

If I was on a WC I doubt I'd have him in my team. Silva would be my midfield priority and then I'd be looking at Sanchez. I don't think Silva will ever be "essential" in the same way the others will probably be but I'm very much considering/planning Hazard to Silva next week with my FT. Rooney to somebody and a -4 could also be a thing though if Hazard does wake up.

Of course things will happen in the mean time. I'm just hoping that Sanchez contains himself for a couple of more weeks yet.

I'm happy to run with Yaya over Silva for now. He's Yaya, the lad obviously ate plenty of Birthday cake over the summer and he's firing on all cylinders.

Personally I think it's tough to go with more than one of Hazard, Sanchez, Silva (taking it that Aguero is a given) without it taking too much balance from your side and an ability to transfer in and out players going through purple patches without costing you a lot of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rikand wrote: »
    whether to take a punt on pedro or not....
    I'd wait to see hwo he's considered in the game (mid or froward) and how he'll fit in this Chelsea side.
    As i said somewhere else Hazard 56% ownership is somewhat terrifying.....
    47.5% now if it reassures you ;).

iroced wrote: »

47.5% now if it reassures you ;).

He is also -74.9 towards a drop so if he blanks again this gw he should drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

The Sanchez or Ozil conundrum is doing my head in. Sanchez is the easiest route to Hazard should he be needed and should outscore Ozil. By how much is the issue as the £2.5m is a lot of cash. Sanchez gives me:

Courtois - McCarthy
    Kolorov-Darmian-Huth-Richards-Francis
    Sanchez-Silva-Payet-Mahrez-Ritchie
    Aguero-Gomis-Deeney. (Ritchie and Deeney would rotate games)

whereas Ozil gives me Benteke and Targett for Deeney and one of the 4.5s. I'd also be playing 3-4-3 so could downgrade Ritchie and upgrade Payet to Depay.

Anyone care to throw in their tuppence worth?

The Sanchez or Ozil conundrum is doing my head in. Sanchez is the easiest route to Hazard should he be needed and should outscore Ozil. By how much is the issue as the £2.5m is a lot of cash. Sanchez gives me:

Courtois - McCarthy
    Kolorov-Darmian-Huth-Richards-Francis
    Sanchez-Silva-Payet-Mahrez-Ritchie
    Aguero-Gomis-Deeney. (Ritchie and Deeney would rotate games)

whereas Ozil gives me Benteke and Targett for Deeney and one of the 4.5s. I'd also be playing 3-4-3 so could downgrade Ritchie and upgrade Payet to Depay.

Anyone care to throw in their tuppence worth?
    Your Sanchez team looks very good if you ask me (how much in the bank with it?).
    If Ritchie transforms into points all the hopes placed in him you could even downgrade Deeney to a £5.0m forward to allow for a Chesea def or Hazard.
    Otherwise it's Ritchie to a £4.5m mid and upgrade Deeney to a £6.5m striker or Payet to Depay.

Your Sanchez team looks very good if you ask me (how much in the bank with it?).
    If Ritchie transforms into points all the hopes placed in him you could even downgrade Deeney to a £5.0m forward to allow for a Chesea def or Hazard.
    Otherwise it's Ritchie to a £4.5m mid and upgrade Deeney to a £6.5m striker or Payet to Depay.

It would leave me with 0.4m but hopefully Francis and/or Ritchie will drop again before I bring them in.

It would leave me with 0.4m but hopefully Francis and/or Ritchie will drop again before I bring them in.
    So it even gives you a bit of flexibility. If you can have it with £0.6m in the bank it'll be a real solid side IMO!

By downgrading Ritchie to a £4.5m mid you could actually get Pedro for Payet if the former explodes.

So it even gives you a bit of flexibility. If you can have it with £0.6m in the bank it'll be a real solid side IMO!

By downgrading Ritchie to a £4.5m mid you could actually get Pedro for Payet if the former explodes.

Cheers, you have convinced me:-)*

* I may change between convinced and unconvinced 27 times between now and saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

2dqki89.png

That's pretty much a carbon copy of my WC team except I have different Keepers and Huth instead of ward. I'm also debating downgrading one of the 7m midfielders and upgrading the other to Depay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Sorry for the stupid post but how do u upload a screen shot from phone to boards?
    After the last two gameweeks i really need some advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

j timber wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid post but how do u upload a screen shot from phone to boards?
    After the last two gameweeks i really need some advice

Easiest way to use the snipping tool in windows and select the area to be shot. Then go to imgur.com select upload image, use ctrl+v to paste the image and then enter the imgur link using the IMG tag on the boards editor.

Alternatively you can use this software which automatically creates an imgur link to be pasted in your posts

http://snippingtoolpluspl.us/

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Courtois McCarthy

Kolarov Richards Gomez Ward Martin

Anya Silva Sanchez Payet Mahrez

Aguero Benteke Gomis

VERY similar to my thinking, only 2/3 players vary from mine. As a Liverpool fan I'm wary of Benteke up front though, bad run of away fixtures over the next while and while I'm very tempted to get him in I wonder are my red-tinted glasses clouding my judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Th0mas Shelby

Hello all,

I'm using my 2nd post on boards.ie to let you all know that I just had a bit of a mare.

Sitting nicely on 130 points after 2 weeks, which puts me well inside the top 10,000 in the world. So I said I'd make a move this week to try and boost myself to the very top. Unfortunately I didn't read the rules and it turns out that playing a Wildcard and using one of the new bonus options is not something that can be done in the same week :(

On the upside I went from 12 starters to 15 starters so hopefully I have a good week and then next week I will be able to play the Bench Boost where all 15 players will score.

For the record, as part of my WC I made the following changes:

Vorm --> Gomes
    Darmian --> Kolorov
    Fabregas --> Payet
    Henderson --> A Ayew
    Silva --> Depay
    Rooney --> Aguero
    Simpson --> Ward
    Baker --> Richards
    Redmond --> Mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

2dqki89.png

I presume Chadli or Payet would be making way for Depay.

so you need to free up 1-1.5.

Downgrading Myhill or Guzan to a 4.0 keeper(McCarthy),

You have Villa covered in Richards so I'd drop Guzan to keep West Brom and Villa Coverage.
    (= +0.5)

As stated are you going to play Kone? he's playing as a winger as well so far so his returns could dry up with the Everton run. Could drop him to a 4.5 FW (=+0.6)

Mahrez to Albrighton (=+0.6)

4. Ward-> Targett/S Taylor (=0.5)
    I'd drop either Ward or Franics to 4.0 DF if you don't plan on playing either of them regularly.
    If you drop Ward you'd have Palace cover for the next few games if you did option 1 above (Guzan->McCarthy).

If you did all of the above it'd free up about 2.2 million the way prices are at the moment without knowing the selling value's you have,

Looks a strong squad, only worry I'd have is no Chelsea cover, an issue I'm trying to figure out as well.

Chelsea have scored as many goals as utd arsenal and Liverpool so far this season with much harder fixtures. Just putting that out there.

VERY similar to my thinking, only 2/3 players vary from mine. As a Liverpool fan I'm wary of Benteke up front though, bad run of away fixtures over the next while and while I'm very tempted to get him in I wonder are my red-tinted glasses clouding my judgement.

Who would you go for instead? Pelle? Kone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Chelsea have scored as many goals as utd arsenal and Liverpool so far this season with much harder fixtures. Just putting that out there.

Hazard being key to everything they do ;)

They scored more goals than Arsenal last year. As Champions, you would expect them to score a few... but ask people who were the more attacking team last year and they would probably say Arsenal... doesn't always translate to goals/FPL points as much as it should.

VOTE HAZARD

Vote pedro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hello all,

I'm using my 2nd post on boards.ie to let you all know that I just had a bit of a mare.

Sitting nicely on 130 points after 2 weeks, which puts me well inside the top 10,000 in the world. So I said I'd make a move this week to try and boost myself to the very top. Unfortunately I didn't read the rules and it turns out that playing a Wildcard and using one of the new bonus options is not something that can be done in the same week :(

On the upside I went from 12 starters to 15 starters so hopefully I have a good week and then next week I will be able to play the Bench Boost where all 15 players will score.

For the record, as part of my WC I made the following changes:

Vorm --> Gomes
    Darmian --> Kolorov
    Fabregas --> Payet
    Henderson --> A Ayew
    Silva --> Depay
    Rooney --> Aguero
    Simpson --> Ward
    Baker --> Richards
    Redmond --> Mahrez

Hello Thomas Shelby,

I fear your 12th post could be "Why did I get rid of Darmian & Silva" !

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Th0mas Shelby

PARlance wrote: »
    Hello Thomas Shelby,

I fear your 12th post could be "Why did I get rid of Darmian & Silva" !

Hello PARlance,

You could very well be correct. For my 4th post I would like to confirm that I do have Luke Shaw still back there, bringing in Kolorov takes some of the eggs out of a Manchester United shaped basket and hedges somewhat.

Silva was omitted for similar reasons, I really wanted Aguero in the team and if City are motoring I expect them both to score well.

Right, a few questions remain but I'm looking something like this...

McCarthy, Courtois
    As my wildcard is be definition now blown I dont think I have the luxury of a possible short term keeper such as Myhill. 5.4m for Chelseas defence I can't pass.

Shaw, Kolarov, Gomez, Francis, Targett
    Liverpool Bournemouth rotate well for now, MT2.0 will only get 2 more games but with 2 big guns and a good rotation I'm happy to sort that spot out in a few weeks. Targett is rising in price and potentially could bank 0.2 by the international break before casuals realise he's about to be dropped. (Seriously considered a talismanic MT1.0 for that spot actually)
    Concerns...no Pullis in there!

Sanchez, Silva, Payet, Mahrez, Anya
    Its Sanchez, Its Silva. Enuf said. Payet on form and with a bit of a lack of forwards there could well be pushing on a lot. Mahrez has be there at least till he stops making me money. Anya over Fletch as Fletch is mysteriously heading for a potential price drop. Anya seems to have nailed the spot and get the ball in the box a bit.
    Questions - Payet or Depay...Depay tempting for this week, but the wait and see approach probably still holds, have cash to make the switch if Depay delivers on the preview he gave in Europe.

Aguero, Gomis, Diouf
    Cheaper frontline than I tend to like. Gomis has a great supply line (Ayew, Siggy, Montero, Shelvey) and goalscoring form. Diouf has his hands on a lone striker role and while stoke not free scoring he has more shots on target than any striker so far. Shaquiri, Affelay, Ireland, Bojan - there is creativity there, and some great fixtures next 6. 2% ownership for Diouf!
    The Argentine fella is good apparently too. :)

1.6m in the bank, more if a couple of likely lads drop/rise in price = Hazard Insurance Fund (HIF) or could upgrade Payet to Depay, or Diouf to an 8m forward.

Any thoughts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

****sake lads. I have a big, big issue.

I'm going out tomorrow night. :( And I know waking up in time to big my team is a big, big, BIG chance of not happening. Or doing it semi drunk. I amn't sure what to do. :pac:

Thinking the best tactic is to pick the players I know I want tonight. Write it down on a sheet. And make sure to **** that I drag myself out of bed on Saturday and hope players have gone up in price and I can function to pick the team.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In other news, currently consider this.

GK: Ruddy (NOR), McCarthy (CRY)
    DF: Targett (SOU), Nyom (WAT)/Francis (BOU), Gomez (LIV), Darmian (MNU), Kolorov (MCI)
    MF: Ayew (SWA)/ Payet (WHU), Mahrez (LEI), Sanchez (ARS), Silva (MCI), Cabaye (CRY)
    FW: Aguero (MCI), Benteke (LIV), Ighalo (WAT)

As above, the two I'm consider at the minute is Nyom or Francis and Ayew or Payet.

At the minute, my trail of thought is that I'll go with Francis for now, as Bournemouth have better fixtures, but will probably move to Watford after gameweek 8 or so. I'm then thinking of going Payet for the next 3 games until GW5 and then moving to Ayew, who's fixtures then also soften.

One concern is three City players but their fixtures and form dictate that at the minute. I'm tempted to go Yaya instead of Silva, but I think Silva will score more long term, the only thing is that the 1.5m could upgrade my Defense some more! Or upgrade Cabaye to Ayew so I can have both Ayew and Payet.

Any suggestions?

McCarthy, Courtois
    As my wildcard is be definition now blown I dont think I have the luxury of a possible short term keeper such as Myhill. 5.4m for Chelseas defence I can't pass.

Liverpool Bournemouth rotate well for now, MT2.0 will only get 2 more games but with 2 big guns and a good rotation I'm happy to sort that spot out in a few weeks. Targett is rising in price and potentially could bank 0.2 by the international break before casuals realise he's about to be dropped. (Seriously considered a talismanic MT1.0 for that spot actually)

Its Sanchez, Its Silva. Enuf said. Payet on form and with a bit of a lack of forwards there could well be pushing on a lot. Mahrez has be there at least till he stops making me money. Anya over Fletch as Fletch is mysteriously heading for a potential price drop. Anya seems to have nailed the spot and get the ball in the box a bit.
    Questions - Payet or Depay...Depay tempting for this week, but the wait and see approach probably still holds, have cash to make the switch if Depay delivers on the preview he gave in Europe.

Aguero, Gomis, Diouf
    Cheaper frontline than I tend to like. Gomis has a great supply line (Ayew, Siggy, Montero, Shelvey) and goalscoring form. Diouf has his hands on a lone striker role and while stoke not free scoring he has more shots on target than any striker so far. Shaquiri, Affelay, Ireland, Bojan - there is creativity there, and some great fixtures next 6. 2% ownership for Diouf!

1.6m in the bank, more if a couple of likely lads drop/rise in price = Hazard Insurance Fund (HIF) or could upgrade Payet to Depay, or Diouf to an 8m forward.

Any thoughts....

Hard to find fault when I plan on having 10 of your players :D

I'm going the same keeper, same logic.

I'm going Darmian over Shaw and have Richards/Huth for Gomez/Targett

Mids and forwards are the same except I have Ritchie/Deeney rotating rather than Anya/Diouf.

I do have less ITB for emergency upgrades though.

• Advertisement

McCarthy, Courtois

Aguero, Gomis, Diouf

Any thoughts....

That's almost identical to my draft. Midfield is exactly the same atm. Us Harps boys must have similar ideas! If anything your side is probably a bit more balanced than mine currently as I've gone cheap in defence apart from Kolarov and Courtois. The rest are 4.5's.

SantryRed wrote: »
    In other news, currently consider this.

GK: Ruddy (NOR), McCarthy (CRY)
    DF: Targett (SOU), Nyom (WAT)/Francis (BOU), Gomez (LIV), Darmian (MNU), Kolorov (MCI)
    MF: Ayew (SWA)/ Payet (WHU), Mahrez (LEI), Sanchez (ARS), Silva (MCI), Cabaye (CRY)
    FW: Aguero (MCI), Benteke (LIV), Ighalo (WAT)

As above, the two I'm consider at the minute is Nyom or Francis and Ayew or Payet.

At the minute, my trail of thought is that I'll go with Francis for now, as Bournemouth have better fixtures, but will probably move to Watford after gameweek 8 or so. I'm then thinking of going Payet for the next 3 games until GW5 and then moving to Ayew, who's fixtures then also soften.

One concern is three City players but their fixtures and form dictate that at the minute. I'm tempted to go Yaya instead of Silva, but I think Silva will score more long term, the only thing is that the 1.5m could upgrade my Defense some more! Or upgrade Cabaye to Ayew so I can have both Ayew and Payet.

Any suggestions?

I'd go with Francis as well. He looks like he may drop by the deadline as well so that's always a bonus. You happy enough with Benteke? I have him in my draft also but not sure atm. Tempted to downgrade him and put some more money into my defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

@FHFC

That defence of Shaw - Kolorov - Gomez - Francis - Targett could see you waking up in the middle of night with cold sweats in a few weeks time.

What happens if/when:
    - Kolorov does a Kolorov? Even if it's 7 from 8 games he plays.
    - Gomez loses his place to Moreno?
    - Shaw picks up an injury/ is rotated with Blind/Rojo due to extra matches. He looks fantastic so far this year but he's still young. Although maybe I'm nitpicking
    - Francis is your most nailed on defender. And that defence while having a good run of fixtures may be badly exposed at this level.
    - Targett loses his place to Bertrand in maybe 2/3 weeks

One or two questions are fine. I say this as somebody who's a United fan, MT 2.0's number one fan and has Kolorov/Gomez and Mings who's not even playing for Bournemouth :pac:

Courtois could indeed miss games here and there because Jose is crazy and McCarthy could easily lose his place to Speroni (definitely nitpicking now :P) although I actually think he might keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

McCarthy, Courtois

Aguero, Gomis, Diouf

Any thoughts....

Very similiar team to myself with differences in midfield and defence. I'm torn between depay and payet at the moment and i'm uncertain about Gomez. I'll probably keep Gomez as a bench option who should rise in value and make me some money if he continues to get games and get the odd game such as GW 6 or 7. Having targett and gomez is risky though because in a couple of weeks you could be forced to play Francis as your only 3rd defender due to non playing defenders. If you are happy to play Francis every week then go for it. If as expected Kolarov will see some rotation once the Champions League starts you may be forced to bring in some defensive cover. With doubts over Gomez and some over Kolarov i want to have all my defense getting game time. Currently i think Francis, Richards, Martins and Muniesa are the pick of the bunch at 4.5

I'm also undecided between Darmian and Shaw but finances may dictate that. Darmian looks like he will pick up more bonus points but he is a card magnet and Shaw has been marginally more impressive in the games so far so should have his position safe at left back.

@FHFC

That defence of Shaw - Kolorov - Gomez - Francis - Targett could see you wakinxg up in the middle of night with cold sweats in a few weeks time.

What happens if/when:
    - Kolorov does a Kolorov? Even if it's 7 from 8 games he plays.
    - Gomez loses his place to Moreno?
    - Shaw picks up an injury/ is rotated with Blind/Rojo due to extra matches. He looks fantastic so far this year but he's still young. Although maybe I'm nitpicking
    - Francis is your most nailed on defender. And that defence while having a good run of fixtures may be badly exposed at this level.
    - Targett loses his place to Bertrand in maybe 2/3 weeks

One or two questions are fine. I say this as somebody who's a United fan, MT 2.0's number one fan and has Kolorov/Gomez and Mings who's not even playing for Bournemouth :pac:

Courtois could indeed miss games here and there because Jose is crazy and McCarthy could easily lose his place to Speroni (definitely nitpicking now :P) although I actually think he might keep it.

Fair points. But I don't think Shaw will be rotated, and I feel Gomez will keep that place too. The idea would be to switch Targett to a suitable replacement after the international break. Given I am doing this so early I know I'll need to adjust things and am expecting to have to do a mini reshuffle after the international break anyway. Maybe 2 FTs and a hit, and I see changes likely to that defence after the window closes and options are confirmed.

If I thought McCarthy would keep his place, and that Myhill was secure till October I'd be going for those keepers probably with a view to getting Azpil shortly. In fact maybe Azpi over Shaw makes sense now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement