Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Waste

• 11-08-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Could anyone please recommend a reasonably priced waste collection service in Clonmel?

We are 2 adults and usually have 1 black bag of waste per week. I have been using Big Yellow Bin @ Topaz service station, but its costing about 21 euros/month (7 euros for each visit).

Anyone could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

I know the bring centre at Clonmel Waste on the Cashel road take black bags and charge approx €4/5 a bag.

Any of the wheelie bin services charge approx €25 per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

I'm paying I think 22.50 with country clean. Small waste bin,standard recycling,collected each fortnight. Get a glass bin too which is collected every few months. Could you go halves with a neighbour or anything?

I just checked - I pay €130 every 6 months with Country Clean. If you ask any of the companies for a discount they normally oblige as it is realtively competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Looks like Country clean is the cheapest option available at the moment.

I don't know my neighbours so wouldnt be convenient.

We usually have 2 black bags fortnightly and Yellow Bin service costs 7 euros per use and that turns out to be 14 euros a month and occasionally we do have 3 black bags fortnightly.

I used to use that service at Topaz too, I reckon it is definitely cheaper and you have a free option with your recyclables. However you have to weigh up the convenience v. carting around black bags in your car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I agree with you the convenience factor.

What's the free option for recyclables?
    All in all wrote: »
    I used to use that service at Topaz too, I reckon it is definitely cheaper and you have a free option with your recyclables. However you have to weigh up the convenience v. carting around black bags in your car.

I agree with you the convenience factor.

What's the free option for recyclables?

Hi, it used to be free but it says it is subject to charge now, I would imagine it would be cheap enough though. Previously they used to sell a roll of clear sacks for a couple of € and you could bring it up there.

Details - http://www.clonmelwaste.ie/recycling_accept.aspx

Advertisement