Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA super cup

• 11-08-2015 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Barca 2-1 up courtesy of 2 superb messi free kicks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Messi is ridiculous. Two identical free kicks. Sublime. Ter Stegen should be embarrassed about his attempted "goalkeeping" for Sevilla's free kick all the same.

Worth noting that this is also on RTE 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That_Guy wrote: »
    Messi is ridiculous. Two identical free kicks. Sublime. Ter Stegen should be embarrassed about his attempted "goalkeeping" for Sevilla's free kick all the same.

Hard day at work I had, didn't know this was on. Nice remedy watching this genius at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bit **** how bt dont have james richardson and co on european football this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

He is a magician, makes football worth watching these days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

It's a huge match, massively underrated it seems.

I'm having difficulty trying to work out where exactly Owen Hargreaves is from... He is atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

3 great strikes in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm having difficulty trying to work out where exactly Owen Hargreaves is from... He is atrocious.

Canmany

The KO was at 10.45 PM local time. Late night for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He makes Michael Owen seem average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Stunning build up play, Messi looks unaffected by having to play under Tata, he's back and his form is otherworldly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Just noticed the linesman on right is from Swinford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Bad decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Put RTE on. We have Brian Kerr!

La liga is going to be a cakewalk for Barca.

Brilliant from Suarez but should have finished himself.

3-1! Devastating! Football from the Gods, it's an exhibition delivered by the true football artists, savour every moment it for this is the great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

GreNoLi wrote: »
    La liga is going to be a cakewalk for Barca.

Seville are missing about six players through illness, atlético have bought well during the summer, Valencia have managed to keep everyone and real Madrid are real madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Canmany

The KO was at 10.45 PM local time. Late night for all.

Canengmany surely?:)

3-1! Devastating! Football from the Gods, it's an exhibition delivered by the true football artists, savour every moment it for this is the great show.

The European football season is well and truly back. I've missed your beautiful nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Other than his 2 free kicks, how is the little man playing? Only turned on for added time of first half

Had no idea if was on if I'm being honest..

None of them were free kicks, the way Suarez goes down is comical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

It has to be said two clear dives from the barca players.disgraceful really. The seville free was also soft.

The European football season is well and truly back. I've missed your beautiful nonsense.

I've been foaming at the mouth for a couple months, just waiting, bored by the lack of beautiful football, angry seeing Tata Martino do the impossible and actually make Messi look average, I've been waiting for this day but the wait has made it all the sweeter. Every jink, every drop of the shoulder, every round the corner pass, every darting run, every nutmeg, every goal that Messi has produced has been enhanced by the wait.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    None of them were free kicks, the way Suarez goes down is comical.

Yeah it was bad alright, there is some serious divers on that team, Messi though is a class act though.

Such a shame that James Richardson and co aren't on the BT Sport Europe channel.

Your man Jake Humphreys has about as much personality as a stick.

I've been foaming at the mouth for a couple months, just waiting, bored by the lack of beautiful football, angry seeing Tata Martino do the impossible and actually make Messi look average, I've been waiting for this day but the wait has made it all the sweeter. Every jink, every drop of the shoulder, every round the corner pass, every darting run, every nutmeg, every goal that Messi has produced has been enhanced by the wait.

Ive missed your posts dude!

Sevilla's defence is stilted and unnatural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ronaldo can score 1000 goals in La Liga, but he'll never be as good a player as Messi is.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Other than his 2 free kicks, how is the little man playing? Only turned on for added time of first half

Had no idea if was on if I'm being honest..

He's dominating the game. When he takes on Tremoulinas he's destroying him, when he cuts inside he's made Sevilla's two holding players and centre backs look a bit silly. His passes are breaking the lines at will, his passes down the side of the defence have been effective, he's been the outstanding player in a phenomenal team.

Be honest... You've written erotic stories about Messi haven't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Such a shame that James Richardson and co aren't on the BT Sport Europe channel.

Your man Jake Humphreys has about as much personality as a stick.

At least ya didn't have to endure Giles suggesting that k
    The keepers should have only put 2 men in the wall so they could see the kick being taken :rolleyes:

All that was missing was him pushing the boat out and suggesting putting a defender on the line for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

"goal suarez"

It shows the difference between the standard of the Europa and CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Hargreaves talking about Iniesta reinventing himself as a central midfielder. WTF?

• Advertisement

There's the culmination of fantastic pressing throughout. 4-1, an awesome display.

Tbf to Sevilla they are a very good side who aren't parking the bus, who are having a go, most teams wouldn't try that against Barcelona.

Reyes pulls one back out of nowhere

4-2

Nice.

Just as I say that they score.

Can't say I've seen a huge amount of Rafinha but he looks like a great player. Sevilla haven't been great but he's made things look effortless for himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Don't think I've ever watched a full 90 of the super cup, can't get into it at all, it's just a glorified charity shield. Switched over to the Dundee derby just in time to see Utd score two goals that would be salivated over for months if Barca scored them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

About to get very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

4-3! :eek:

They can't defend at all.

Should be off. Bottler ref.

Shocker.

Awful from Mathieu.

lol @ Madrid fans in crowd :pac: