Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine iphones? Listed as City Centre phone shops?

• 11-08-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi
    I notice that theres alot of ads on Donedeal and Adverts these days for iphones 5c 5s and 6. These are advertised as phone shops in Dublin city centre (some examples of them are MIG new phone centre, 19a talbot street Dublin 1 and Murray Mobile Technology Dublin 1) I don't think they are willing to provide a receipt, Does anyone know if these are legitimate or not

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

The shops are legitimate but personally I wouldn't risk buying an iPhone in any of them and in my wildest dreams wouldn't consider using DoneDeal. Adverts.ie has stood me and my family very well for almost 5 years now, with both new and used iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭acon2119

naasrd wrote: »
    The shops are legitimate but personally I wouldn't risk buying an iPhone in any of them and in my wildest dreams wouldn't consider using DoneDeal. Adverts.ie has stood me and my family very well for almost 5 years now, with both new and used iPhones.

Thanks. Are you more in favour of Adverts.ie because users can leave feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

acon2119 wrote: »

That'd be the reason alright. Another plus for adverts. If purchasing high value items, I would not look at any seller without solid feedback. Not worth the risk with the amount of scammers and time wasters out there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That and that many users there are members here also, so you can get a sense of the type of person you are buying from. Gives you that bit more security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Like the guys above said, it's a sister site of here, you just sign in as you would here. Anyone with good feedback is usually a solid seller. For example 3 days before last Xmas as I met a complete stranger from there outside Stephen's green shopping centre to buy a sealed iPhone 6 for €560. His feedback was solid so I did the deal confident in the feedback system, I haven't looked back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement