Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I require some help please!

Options
  • 11-08-2015 8:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone. I hope you are all well. OK So my situation is as follows:

I have got a IEC Work Permit. My son is 15 years old and is going into 3rd year. I want to bring him with me to Canada however as a visitor. But I also want him to continue his studies in secondary school there while I am working. What do I have to do? Can someone help me please? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Wait a second. 2 years ago you were 17

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80221169&postcount=1

so how exactly do you have a 15 year old son?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Wait a second. 2 years ago you were 17

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80221169&postcount=1

so how exactly do you have a 15 year old son?

Hi this is my sons account which I used to ask the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

fontdor wrote: »
    Hi this is my sons account which I used to ask the question.

I would suggest that you open your own account to avoid confusion.

In any case, if your son accompanies you to Canada the they should receive a visitors record at the border. With this visitors record and proof of employment from you should be able to enrol in public secondary school. I'm not sure what would happen if you don't have a job.

Just to note also that if anyone else has guardianship of your son and they are not going to Canada, then you will need to get permission to remove him from Ireland and to enrol him in school in Canada (not assuming anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Mod Note: I will let this thread run but if you have anymore questions about Canada or anything else, please open your own account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

I would suggest that you open your own account to avoid confusion.

In any case, if your son accompanies you to Canada the they should receive a visitors record at the border. With this visitors record and proof of employment from you should be able to enrol in public secondary school. I'm not sure what would happen if you don't have a job.

Just to note also that if anyone else has guardianship of your son and they are not going to Canada, then you will need to get permission to remove him from Ireland and to enrol him in school in Canada (not assuming anything).

Thank you very much for your help. I also apologize for using this account to ask the question. Thank you again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement