Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table alignment help

Options
  • 11-08-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place. This is not a big issue but it's left me stumped so i thought I'd ask for some assistance.

I'm running a modest little game on the Pro Wrestling forum and it will involve some groups. I've found the tables function here on Boards to be very helpful in forming the groups, but there's one thing I can't quite work out - how to align the text within the cells. Here's a sample group I've come up with:

Group A|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Mr Smith|3|3|0|0|44|9
    Mrs Smith|3|2|0|1|22|6
    Uncle Smith|3|1|0|2|26|3
    Aunty Smith|3|0|0|3|16|0

As you can see the text leans to the left automatically. I'd like it to look a bit more polished and to centre the text if I can. I've tried using align center but that didn't work for me. I also tried using the centre function available in each post but that didn't come out right.

Is it possible to align the writing in the centre at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place. This is not a big issue but it's left me stumped so i thought I'd ask for some assistance.

I'm running a modest little game on the Pro Wrestling forum and it will involve some groups. I've found the tables function here on Boards to be very helpful in forming the groups, but there's one thing I can't quite work out - how to align the text within the cells. Here's a sample group I've come up with:

Mr Smith
    |3|3|0|0|44|9
    Mrs Smith
    |3|2|0|1|22|6
    Uncle Smith
    |3|1|0|2|26|3
    Aunty Smith
    |3|0|0|3|16|0

As you can see the text leans to the left automatically. I'd like it to look a bit more polished and to centre the text if I can. I've tried using align center but that didn't work for me. I also tried using the centre function available in each post but that didn't come out right.

Is it possible to align the writing in the centre at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One horrible method, is use center tags on each element. There must be a better way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mr Smith|3|3|0|0|44|9
    Mrs Smith|3|2|0|1|22|6
    Uncle Smith|3|1|0|2|26|3
    Aunty Smith|3|0|0|3|16|0

Using the centre function as above is the only way I know of.
    However I normally find doing all the grunt work in excel helps loads using the append function - & I use this to add each cell reference and insert the obligatory pipe delimiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mr Smith|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Mrs Smith|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Uncle Smith|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Aunty Smith|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Cheers, folks. I've used center tags on each element which does seem to have done the trick. The above table looks more pleasing to the eye, I think.

Thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement