Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IM Barcelona 2015

Options
  • 11-08-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Anyone from this parish doing IM Barcelona?

Less than 8 weeks now.
    How is training going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Boardcore

I'm in.
    Training going well - trying to keep the body injury free.
    Base work is done, slowly bringing some more intensity in.
    Borderman will be the next test.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Yep I'm in! Just did Dublin 70.3, went well no injuries post race.

Actually don't know any of the 150 Irish doing it my so called training buddies let me down - that's what I get for registering first! :)

Have any of you done it before? I believe its very flat, the bike course has changed slightly just a few more kms onto last year I believe.

Heading on 30th Sept for a few days recce beforehand, few family members coming along too but gladly meet up with anyone doing it for a spin over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

I'm heading over too, training been ok, could do with a good foot in the hole to get me back on track, heading over the Thursday - Tuesday, good few from Fingal Tri doing it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

There are a good few heading from these shores alright.

Training going well here for the swim and bike, but running is a disaster. Managed about 6 runs in the last 8 weeks due to injury after injury.

Did manage to complete Dublin 70.3 though, which was good. Although the run was torturous.

Heading over with herself from Thursday to Wednesday.
    Know a few others heading over but not too many.

Might just jump on the Fingal bandwagon, I'm sure you'll be easy to spot.

Anyone doing long spins over the coming weeks in Dublin/Meath area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'm part of the Fingal gang going. Bike and run going well. Not getting enough swimming in but will do from this week. Heading Thursday to Thursday with he clan.

• Advertisement

There are a good few heading from these shores alright.

Training going well here for the swim and bike, but running is a disaster. Managed about 6 runs in the last 8 weeks due to injury after injury.

Did manage to complete Dublin 70.3 though, which was good. Although the run was torturous.

Heading over with herself from Thursday to Wednesday.
    Know a few others heading over but not too many.

Might just jump on the Fingal bandwagon, I'm sure you'll be easy to spot.

Anyone doing long spins over the coming weeks in Dublin/Meath area?

We are a shady bunch so we'll take anyone aboard our bandwagon 😀

Sligo TC have 9 going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

There is a large gang heading over from Trilakes TC in Galway - about 20 at last count. Same status for me as NeedsTraining above - managed a 15km run on Tuesday - longest of the year so far... not ideal, but hopefully a good few weeks of training ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jackdidley

Three from Waterford. Training going fairly good at the moment. Only 4/5 big weekends left now☺

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Quite ready but always can be better. Done 2 Halfs as preparation and a few smaller races and I'll be looking for a new PB there (which shouldn't be a problem after my only Ironman race in Nice :P ).

Heard it's flat and fast and hopefully it won't be too hot in October :) Heading there on Thursday and still contemplating should I rent a car or is parking in Calella too big of a hassle (my hotel doesn't have a designated parking) - and suggestions?

• Advertisement

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    Quite ready but always can be better. Done 2 Halfs as preparation and a few smaller races and I'll be looking for a new PB there (which shouldn't be a problem after my only Ironman race in Nice :P ).

Heard it's flat and fast and hopefully it won't be too hot in October :) Heading there on Thursday and still contemplating should I rent a car or is parking in Calella too big of a hassle (my hotel doesn't have a designated parking) - and suggestions?

You can get a bus or train from the airport, takes around 45mins odd, everything is within walking distance in calella so I wouldn't bother with a car. That's providing you're not traveling with a bike box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

tinydave wrote: »
    You can get a bus or train from the airport, takes around 45mins odd, everything is within walking distance in calella so I wouldn't bother with a car. That's providing you're not traveling with a bike box

I travelled 2012 with a bike box and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jackdidley

For those who have been to Calella before. Do you need to book transfers from El Prat or is it a local bus service in operation?

Thanks.

jackdidley wrote: »
    For those who have been to Calella before. Do you need to book transfers from El Prat or is it a local bus service in operation?

Thanks.

I haven't been before, but have looked up the transfer options. There is a bus from the airport to the centre of Calella. Travel time is 70 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

SucCes09 wrote: »
    There is a large gang heading over from Trilakes TC in Galway - about 20 at last count. Same status for me as NeedsTraining above - managed a 15km run on Tuesday - longest of the year so far... not ideal, but hopefully a good few weeks of training ahead...

Nice crew from Galway TC and Predator TC going also. I'd say around 30 or so between the 3 clubs. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Folks,

Anybody know did this sell out quickly this year?

*Not of personnel interest..

It was end of January or start of February. I know because I was skiing and a lad tried to get me to sign up whilst away on the trip :D

How is the taper going all?

Not too long left now

How is the taper going all?

Not too long left now

Knee injury(PFJ) has me tapering for the last month :( Physio thinks I'll be ok on the day but lost some fitness and added a couple of KGs on. Swimming most days since then did a 20km cycle to work other day bit of swelling after, just gotta keep up the ice, foam rolling instructions from Physio. Heading for checkup tomorrow to get tape put on before first run in over a month! Gonna keep positive and give it a go anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The pre race doubts have set in - 'Have I done enough' but nothing I can do about missed sessions now!

Did the half mara on Sat as a last race and felt good (1.38) Bike in for a service and bags getting packed tomorrow for drop off on Fri.

Looks like it will be warmer than normal but should be cooler by the time I'm running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Will the Irish IM record go in Barcelona.? BMC taking on a fast course. Am predicting an 8.30 to smash LCDs fastest time.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Will the Irish IM record go in Barcelona.? BMC taking on a fast course. Am predicting an 8.30 to smash LCDs fastest time.

I'm not sure I'd be so confident as to say he'd do 8:30. That said, he's in good shape, swimming well (for him) and seems to be running pretty well to. Be interesting to see what he can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

Bike Drop today for me (shipmytribike) - so packing last night.... Scary close this...

Its strange how its starting so late(9am) maybe its due to the sunlight at that time of the morning - at least I hope to be finished within 12 hours - 9pm is a respectable hour for a few beers :)

Just dropped off the bike and bag...
    A few niggles but nothing too major.
    Updated the firmware on my Powertap last night and it's not reading power or cadence properly.
    Hopefully the journey will shake it back to life...Have a couple of days in Calella to play around with it.

I think BMC is in the pro field.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

j0hn1 wrote: »

Eimear Mullan is listed also, records could tumble here for sure. Let's hope conditions are good!

Isn't Eimear doing Mallorca also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

8:30 will be very tough for him - will he break an hour on the swim?

If he doesn't he will need to go well under 4:30 on the bike and run a sub 3 marathon if you include the two transitions

Advertisement