Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus One Screen repair

• 11-08-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi

I dropped my phone today and the screen cracked.

Does anyone know where I can get a oneplus one fixed quick.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

go buy yourself the lcd screen with frame attached and do it yourself.
    it costs about 50/60 quid on ebay but make sure it is the one with the frame attached..other that that it is straight forward enough...follow the steps on youtube...

coming from someone who bought a replacement screen wit out the frame, its a bitch of a job and essentially didnt go well for me at all.(i need to but another now)..

other option would be to buy the frame and screen and try a phone shop to see will they fit for 30/40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Boruma

Parnell St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Limerick Tech Center Parnell Street

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

Red King wrote:
    Limerick Tech Center Parnell Street

Do you know if they stock the screens that have the mid frame attached? I just want to buy one asap but can fit it myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

247music wrote: »
    Do you know if they stock the screens that have the mid frame attached? I just want to buy one asap but can fit it myself..

Not sure but no doubt they can get what you want - it is 52 Parnell Street by the way.

Red King wrote:
    Not sure but no doubt they can get what you want - it is 52 Parnell Street by the way.

I Gave him a call, no joy there anyway.. Thanks though..

djr15 wrote:
    This is what you are looking for.

That's the one thanks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

techstar henry street? they seem to have a lot in stock whenever i go to get stuff fixed.

phill106 wrote:
    techstar henry street? they seem to have a lot in stock whenever i go to get stuff fixed.

Thanks Phil, that's henry street in limerick?

• Advertisement

Thanks Phil, that's henry street in limerick?

Techstar are on Henry street in Limerick yes.

Techstar are on Henry street in Limerick yes.

Thanks, Ya I gave them a call earlier today but unfortunately they Dont have I'm stock.. Im not surprised to be honest.. I'll keep hunting :)

Thanks, Ya I gave them a call earlier today but unfortunately they Dont have I'm stock.. Im not surprised to be honest.. I'll keep hunting :)

Did you have any luck with this? The day after I posted about techstar my nexus 5 started acting up. Needs the power button replaced and techstar can't do it for me. Anywhere else around?

Did you have any luck with this? The day after I posted about techstar my nexus 5 started acting up. Needs the power button replaced and techstar can't do it for me. Anywhere else around?

Not yet, although pair mobile would do the screen only for me, but I need to replace the midframe as well. Try Pair Mobil they might be able to do your nexus for ya.

Not yet, although pair mobile would do the screen only for me, but I need to replace the midframe as well. Try Pair Mobil they might be able to do your nexus for ya.

Cheers. I sent them a message via adverts. Waiting on a reply. They seem to do repairs even if you supply the part which is good. Not sure if theyd stock the part. Would normally tackle it myself but there's a bit of soldering involved. I know id make a balls of it.

Edit: Was on to them. €60 for the repair. Happy enough with that

Cheers. I sent them a message via adverts. Waiting on a reply. They seem to do repairs even if you supply the part which is good. Not sure if theyd stock the part. Would normally tackle it myself but there's a bit of soldering involved. I know id make a balls of it.

Edit: Was on to them. €60 for the repair. Happy enough with that

Deadly glad ya got sorted.. Still looking for a screen locally for my opo.. Think I'll give up and go the China route..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Sorry to be dragging up an old thread!! Just wondering did the OP get sorted with a new screen? I'm in need of one myself now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Skuxx wrote: »
    Sorry to be dragging up an old thread!! Just wondering did the OP get sorted with a new screen? I'm in need of one myself now!

Waited about a month for one of the shops in town to get a screen. They never got back , even though I rang them nearly everyday .

I ended up just buying a screen from eBay . You just swap all the components into the new phone shell with the new screen .

Easy to do . New screen/phone shell cost around €35

nanook5 wrote:
    Easy to do . New screen/phone shell cost around €35

€35 for The screen and midframe? Have you a link for the one you bought please?

€35 for The screen and midframe? Have you a link for the one you bought please?

A bit closer to €45 . Sorry its been nearly a year since I fixed it :)

http://www.ebay.it/itm/191594586987

• Advertisement

nanook5 wrote:
    A bit closer to €45 . Sorry its been nearly a year since I fixed it

Thanks.. still a good price at 45euro.. ive two here with broken screens :) ... I notice the tape is routed outside instead of behind the midframe on that one? Have you had any issues with the screen since replacing it or is it as good as the origianal? Did it come with the speaker grill installed? Sorry for all the questions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thats not bad value! I bought one on Aliexpress for €50 including express delivery of 5-7 days.

Just to warn people, Phone Land on Upper William Street will change the outer glass on the OnePlus One for €95 but this will break within a week. They just break in your pocket! It happened to me twice! Please do not go down this route!

Skuxx wrote:
    Just to warn people, Phone Land on Upper William Street will change the outer glass on the OnePlus One for €95 but this will break within a week. They just break in your pocket! It happened to me twice! Please do not go down this route!

Phone shops are a rip off at times... actually most of the time.. if you can fix it yourself its the better option, or get a friend to do it for ya..

Thanks.. still a good price at 45euro.. ive two here with broken screens :) ... I notice the tape is routed outside instead of behind the midframe on that one? Have you had any issues with the screen since replacing it or is it as good as the origianal? Did it come with the speaker grill installed? Sorry for all the questions..

That's not the exact one I bought but yes the screen is exactly the same as the original. Still using it today.

Any screen + Midframe on eBay for €45 will do the job . Just get it delivered to parcelwizard or parcel motel to save on delivery costs

Then just use youtube as a guide to take it all apart :)

Advertisement