Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public or Private?

Options
  • 11-08-2015 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My wife is 6 weeks pregnant with baby number 2 . She went public in Limerick last time around , it all went swimmingly, no complaints.

This time we're contemplating going private. We have health insurance which covers with regards to maternity 3 nights private room (if available)in a public hospital , they'll pay 250 to pre natal care, all in patient maternity consultant fees. We have cover for 50% of outpatient consultant fees but I don't know if visits to a consultant for pregnancy check ups would be considered outpatient.

I'd like some advice on the benefits of being private over public in Limerick?
    What is the cost to go private?
    I read something about semi private , how does that differ to public?
    Also shared maternity care what's that?
    Any other option we have I'm not aware of?

I'm self employd can i still claim back 20% using the med 1 form?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

Hi, did you get any feedback on this. i know the time was in 2015 but any ifo would be great

Advertisement