Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times of yr more /profitable for punting?

Options
  • 12-08-2015 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Any of you have any theories on above. Just looking through my last few yrs, I've found August onwards difficult and unprofitable, perhaps the ground begins to soften for the flat season as we move into sept squewing results and the new jumps season is too unpredictable? I'm thinking of taking a 2 month hiatias

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

that's funny...
    I tend to be up most years after june/july but end up losing most of it over the next few months
    july to sept is my worst period on horses almost every year but doing so many bets doesnt help my cause either

so it's not just me then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I stop around Aintree/ Punchestown and back as little as possible until the big races in October, I had a look back always lost sharp enough from April to October and was up enough to cover the bad months but decided I don't want to give it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sonneti

I find January up to mid February should be avoided mostly due to the weather.

Over the rest of the year I'm fairly consistent.

Advertisement