Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live near Tallaght Hospital?

Options
  • 12-08-2015 4:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just wondering if I could get some advice. Starting a new job in tallaght hospital in September so I am looking to relocate close
    enough or within driving distance . i will also need it to be near public transport for both city centre and st James hospital.

Any suggestions on areas to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Tallaght hospital is very accessible from a lot of places. That combined with public transport access to James and the city centre would probably make me point to somewhere like Walkinstown. 10-15 minute drive to Tallaght (a couple of buses go up there too) then you have about 7 buses going the opposite direction into the city, 1 or 2 of which actually go through James'. All the bus numbers have changed since I lived there so I can't be more specific on the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

the red luas line serves Dublin city centre, tallaght and James' hospitals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Plenty of nice places in and around Tallaght.

Are you looking for your own place or to share with others?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Anywhere on luas red line or in tallaght itself

https://www.luas.ie/luas-red-line-stops/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Probably the most suitable, Kingswood Heights.
    Walking distance to the Luas for Tallaght and James Hospitals and on a good day an easy walk to Tallaght.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Old Bawn, Millbrook, Watergate, Marlfield, Springfield etc are just some areas in Tallaght all either in walking distance or on the bus route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Pac2015

Hi all
    Just wondering if I could get some advice. Starting a new job in tallaght hospital in September so I am looking to relocate close
    enough or within driving distance . i will also need it to be near public transport for both city centre and st James hospital.

Any suggestions on areas to try?

There are apartments right beside the hospital why dont you see if any of them are up for rent they are currently owned by Comer Properties the Luas is right outside your door it takes no time at all to get to the city centre or st James.
    The other areas you could look at are Kingswood, Kilnamanagh, Old Bawn, Millbrook

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Old bawn and Millbrook would be a bit of a trek to the luas if you're walking it daily.

Kingswood or kilnamangh would be my bet. Don't rule out drimnagh either.

Advertisement