Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Must Have Games

Options
  • 12-08-2015 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Morning folks, recently got my hands on a PS4 & got the following games with it, Watchdogs, God of War 3 remastered & The Order. I had seen trailers for the Order & Watchdogs & was excited to play them, I did want to get GTA but couldn't afford it as well. Long story short, I hated the 3 games & I was totally bummed, so traded them in & went with what I thought was a safe bet, Call of Duty, Advance Warfare. Enjoying it loads now.

So, I have pre-ordered the new FIFA, but I want some recommendations as what games I should look to pick up next please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Barman and the witcher so far for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What kind of games do you like?

As you're enjoying CoD, try Planetside 2 as it's free to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wolfenstein - The New Order. Very enjoyable FPS. No online but should be able to pick it up pretty cheap. Haven't liked the sequel The Old Blood, as much for some reason.

If you haven't played The Last of Us this would be my first choice. Hell even if you have, pick it up again.

Haven't really played anything but Destiny for months but it's not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

Just get the games you like, there are so many ways to see a game before you buy it, youtube twitch etc. Dont let reviews tell you what to get

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Bloodborne is currently the only game that makes a PS4 worth owning :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bloodborne, Resogun (Plus all its DLC) and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are the three best exclusives I've played, and all for very different reasons.

These are available on other Playstation consoles, but you can add Journey and Hohokum to the above list if you haven't played them yet. Ditto Last of Us Remastered, which is a big step up from the original technically, and adds the essential Left Behind expansion to the mix (which I almost preferred to the main game!)

Towerfall Ascension and Sportsfriends are both available on PC, but for ease of setting up their brilliant local multiplayer modes you're definitely better going with the PS4 versions, although the latter requires something of an investment in PS Move controllers ;)

It's not out until next month, but Tearaway Unfolded is a very safe bet based on the inspired Vita original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I have sank ridiculous amount of hours into Pure Pool. Really addictive. I think it's only €7.99 on the ps store and a new snooker dlc is being released for it soon.

I've enjoyed Far Cry 4, Tomb Raider and Watchdogs too.

Couldn't get into Wolfenstein for some reason.

Bloodbourne is incredible looking but I found it far too hard and traded it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

brady12 wrote: »
    Barman and the witcher so far for me

is that like Tapper?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Well, not actually a PS4 owner, but have been keeping an eye on what games I personally want to pcik up when I make the switch, and based on word of mouth / reviews from sources I trust, my shopping list will be:

Batman: Arkham Knight;
    Wolfenstein: The New Order;
    The Last of Us;
    Alien: Isolation.

Then based on my own personal preferences:
    Madden and FIFA
    and Just Cause 3 - if it is half as much fun as Just Cause 2 it will be a definite purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dman93

The only games I have enjoyed are batman and gtav. Haven't really put much time in on anything else, only other games I really wanna play is Wolfenstein cause I hear nothing but good things about it. But batman for me is a must buy story isn't to great imo, but Gameplay is ridiculously fun and makes you feel bad ass haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Got Far Cry 4 at weekend, reports to follow :D thanks for the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got Far Cry 4 at weekend, reports to follow :D thanks for the tips!

I got it off the US store for 28 quid at Xmas, hated it, thought it was overrated - I'm glad I only paid that much for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The Last of Us is incredible. Sleeping Dogs is a great game that you'll be able to pick up for a fairly cheap price. Far Cry 4 is another absolute gem. Assassin's Creed Black Flag is great fun too.

They'd be my top four choices as well as either FIFA or PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

The Witcher 3 if that's your type of game. Absolutely cracking game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

The Last Of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I loved shadow of mordor clocked up an easy 40 hours of play on that game before trading it in while it still had value.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I loved shadow of mordor clocked up an easy 40 hours of play on that game before trading it in while it still had value.

I thought it was fantastic too, although I'm playing Bloodborne now and its better. More of a challenge to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Far Cry 4 has taken up more time than any other game for me. Just thought it was so much fun.

Looking for something new now though so will probably hold off until the Uncharted collection comes out.

If you could only get one - the Witcher or Dragon Age? I was a huge Skyrim fan so I'm basically looking for that again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Witcher 3 all the way. Still game of the year for me despite MGSV. Dragon Age 3 just goes on for too long and over stays it's welcome. The Witcher you won't want to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

I really like dragon age and still playing after 116 hours, infamous second son good also . I still have far cry , mgs, the witcher and batman to play so lots to look forward 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Really getting into Fry Cry 4 but there does not seem to be many changes since the previous versions, which is a bit disappointing :( Got the new FIFA on Saturday, looking forward to try that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Really getting into Fry Cry 4 but there does not seem to be many changes since the previous versions, which is a bit disappointing :( Got the new FIFA on Saturday, looking forward to try that out!
    FIFA is good but getting a lot of DNF after matches on ultimate team so not getting the points or coins, it seems to happen on every FIFA

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Thomas998

TLOU, definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Bloodbourne, Dark Souls 2 or Shadow of Mordor?

Ive never played a DS game before, would it matter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

None of the DS games are related so it does not matter. Bloodbourne is easier than DS2 however.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Nobody has mentioned Rocket League yet, great game. Worth buying if you missed it on PS Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Can someone recommend me a game :) ? all im used to playing if FIFA 15 + 16 and the odd bit of GTA on the ps3 :) any good must have games for the 4 :) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me a game :) ? all im used to playing if FIFA 15 + 16 and the odd bit of GTA on the ps3 :) any good must have games for the 4 :) ?

I pretty much only play Rocket League now. It's great craic.
    I keep going to play something else but then I say to myself, I could be playing Rocket League now :)

It takes a while to get decent at it but it's well worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

^^ i downloaded that on the PSN store awhile back when it was free (not sure if it still is) never got into the hang of it though lol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Unrelenting Sorrow

Naughty Dog's critically acclaimed series Uncharted has a PS4 remaster called "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection" containing all three games with updated visuals. I haven't play any of the Uncharted games before but I think I will this Christmas as I played the demo during its limited time on the PS store and I very much enjoyed it...

Advertisement