Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online gaming problems - professional help needed

• 12-08-2015 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi everyone.
    Hi,
    I am the rainbow six vegas 2 player.
    I know its an old game but i love it.
    The problem is with multiplayer online gaming.
    Sometimes i can not login to uplay at all.
    Very often i am just wasting my time waiting for ages.
    Today I can not play as it keeps kicking me out saying unable to establish the connection or the connection to the host has been lost.
    Or when it finally works its kicking me out of the game and dropping connection when host is changing the map.
    I noticed that when i host the game it does not kick me out but im not sure can other players see my match as no one ever joins.
    I dont have that problem with any other games.
    Like for example Gta 5 or far cry 4 are working fine.
    I emailed UBISOFT explaining that and got a reply :

"An easy way to make Rainbow Six Vegas 2 work behind your router is to setup your gaming PC as the DMZ.
    If you don't want to set your gaming PC as the DMZ, then you'll have to do some special configuration to your router or firewall to make sure all the game’s features work properly. 

Here are the ports you'll have to open, or forward. 

Login/Matchmaking services: 
    Outbound TCP 3074 (generally don't need any configuration for this) 

Gameplay: 
    Outbound UDP 3074-3174 (generally don't need any configuration for this) 
    Inbound  UDP 3074-3174 (on a firewall, you must allow inbound traffic on these ports, on a home router with NAT, must forward inbound traffic on these ports to your PC) 

Custom Head: 
    Outbound TCP 10130 (generally don't need any configuration for this) 
    Inbound  TCP 10130 (on a firewall, you must allow inbound traffic on this port, on a home router with NAT, must forward inbound traffic on this port to your PC) 

10130 is the default port used by the Custom Head feature. You can change this port in the Extras\Options\Multiplayer menu. 

Voice Chat: 
    Outbound UDP 10140 (generally don't need any configuration for this) 
    Inbound  UDP 10140 (on a firewall, you must allow inbound traffic on this port, on a home router with NAT, must forward inbound traffic on this ports to your PC) 

10140 is the default port used by the Voice Chat feature. You can change this port in the Extras\Options\Multiplayer menu. "

SHOULD I JUST TRY TO SET MY GAMING PC AS THE DMZ?
    If yes - how do that?
    Ubisoft says to do some changes in my firewall settings in order to play online but when i play i disable the firewall and my anitivirus anyway.(?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Have you opened the ports that they recommended? If not, here's a handy site with a lot of guides for doing so.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Mind you, if it works for you some of the time and not others, then that might not be the problem. Could just be Uplay being ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tomaspol

Have you opened the ports that they recommended? If not, here's a handy site with a lot of guides for doing so.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Mind you, if it works for you some of the time and not others, then that might not be the problem. Could just be Uplay being ****.

I did not open the ports yet.
    I thought maybe it would be easier to set up my pc as a DMZ like they suggest but ive no idea how to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Does this still work without gamespy?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Does this still work without gamespy?

Hi,
    Could you be more specific with your question please?
    I am not sure what is gamespy and what does it have to do with rainbow six vegas 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dont put your PC in the DMZ of the router!

You basically opening up ALL ports at that point and could leave yourself vulnerable,thats my understanding of it.

Set your PC to a static IP on the network and forward the relevent ports to the PC.

Thats the safest and most efficent way of doing it.

Use the link above provided by dave.

Also Gamespy is the company that hosted the servers for that game,they recently went out of business and a lot of the games they hosted no longer have servers to play on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I tried to play Rainbow Six Vegas 2 with a friend of mine who gifted it to me. We were livid when absolutely nothing worked and it seemed the servers were gone. If they're not gone then I have no idea what the feck the game's problem is with connecting online. Not worth the hassle me and me friend decided.

I tried to play Rainbow Six Vegas 2 with a friend of mine who gifted it to me. We were livid when absolutely nothing worked and it seemed the servers were gone. If they're not gone then I have no idea what the feck the game's problem is with connecting online. Not worth the hassle me and me friend decided.

That is a shame because in my opinion that game is great!
    Well it still works without gamespy as when i asked other people while playing online they said it works fine for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

There are servers there. But I think they are hosted by the player host themselves (there was about 3-4 servers when I last tried). I wanted to give RS Vegas 2 a go myself a while back and had the same issue. Finicking with ports etc I was able to log in and join one game. Next game I tried to join failed and it booted me back to the main menu, where it promptly wouldn't let me log in again so couldn't play any more games. I just had to cut my losses then.

I'd try give the port forwarding a go, but if it doesn't work I'd leave it as you'll only tear your hair out in the end.

The Rainbow Six Siege beta is next month, you should give it a try. I played the alpha and actually found it quite enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

install tunngle and play on Lan?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    install tunngle and play on Lan?

Yeah in the game after logging in and choosing match it asks me do i want to play online or LAN?
    What does it mean and what is the difference?
    If i would install this tunngle would it possibly solve my problem?

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »

Set your PC to a static IP on the network and forward the relevent ports to the PC.

Thats the safest and most efficent way of doing it.

Use the link above provided by dave.

I am gonna try to do this. Already found some guide online how to setup a static IP address :
    http://portforward.com/networking/static-win7.htm

And then will try to forward the suggested by UBISOFT ports to the PC.
    Never done anything like it before and for me it is like a rocket science :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Tomaspol wrote: »
    I am gonna try to do this. Already found some guide online how to setup a static IP address :
    http://portforward.com/networking/static-win7.htm

And then will try to forward the suggested by UBISOFT ports to the PC.
    Never done anything like it before and for me it is like a rocket science :(

Just had a look and that guide is spot on. Thats the first part,the second part will have to be done via you router. Portforward.com should have a guide for your specific router also.

Its one of those things that once you get the knack of it its simple enough but quite confusing at the beginning.

Advertisement