Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find freelance logo designers???

Options
  • 12-08-2015 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm trying to start up a very small business, primarily online but need a little help with the design of a logo - does anyone know of any freelance logo designers. Obviously I'm on a pretty strict budget.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

www.irishlogos.ie

UK based but they do a good basic job and give you a zip file with all the file extensions of your logo.

Basic package of €102 will do you. You give them a brief, they give you a few designs. You then pick the one you like best and tweak it til you are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Are you sure you need a Logo for the business right now? What type of business is it? Where are you based? Maybe someone here can help if you're local to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

fiverr.com
    prices range anywhere from $5+ depending on the job and the freelancer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

Or if you're anyway creative yourself perhaps you could try a free online logo designer.
    logogarden.com

I'm trying this out myself at the moment and it seems relatively straightforward but time consuming :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Or if you're anyway creative yourself perhaps you could try a free online logo designer.
    logogarden.com

I'm trying this out myself at the moment and it seems relatively straightforward but time consuming :-)
    Sorry but that's just awful... It's just clip art.

OP, spend a bit of money. The future of your company depends on it.

Have a look at:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

If you're on a tight budget, you're much better off just choosing a nice font and writing the name of the business and nothing else, than throwing something together for the sake of it (and probably being stuck with it for years).

Budget logo design services will often be taking graphics from other existing logos (probably companies who do what you do as it's often the first step in getting ideas) so what you might think is custom to you could just be a rehash of a competitor's brand identity.

Font-only logos look smart and professional providing the typeface is well chosen, and for all anybody knows it was the final concept after a lengthy design ;)

I'm a big fan of Nexa at the moment, available in Bold and Light for free here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Also try combining fonts. It can work out great: http://designmodo.com/great-font-combinations/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

fiverr.com - throw a few suggestions to a few designers, and they'll come back with something that you might then take to a local designer for refinement.

Spend €30-€40 on a bunch of designs and pick the best. IMO, its the best plan for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

connundrum wrote: »
    fiverr.com - throw a few suggestions to a few designers, and they'll come back with something that you might then take to a local designer for refinement.

Spend €30-€40 on a bunch of designs and pick the best. IMO, its the best plan for ideas.

An epic tale of deception, stolen artwork, and crappy logos: https://medium.com/@sachagreif/in-the-past-couple-years-startups-have-started-realizing-that-good-design-can-make-the-difference-2fdeb90d390a

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭protelos

Excellent article! Thank you for posting that!

For what its worth I totally agree that a strong name in a nice font will be fine for the medium term and would not damage your offering like a bad clipArt! That site mentioned in the article looks good too!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Throw an email off to a college and get some students to do it for a prize

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Throw an email off to a college and get some students to do it for a prize

Or just hire a college student and pay them for their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I used Freelancer, cost €120 but I got a pretty decent logo out of it, I ran a competition and got over 100 designs and was able to pick the designs I liked the best and ask for tweaks to them which those taking part implemented.

I knew pretty much what I wanted though, if you're looking for someone else to come up with your logo from scratch it might not be as effective.

A designer here in Ireland was looking for €400 to design the logo so I thought €120 was good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Op I have two free lancers I've used in the past for logos, if you don't get sorted drop me a pm and I'll pass on details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I used www.b3multimedia.ie/ and was happy with the result.

Advertisement