Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing to a Nightsaver Meter

Options
  • 12-08-2015 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I'm living in a house which was built last November. It uses heat pump technology for water and space heating and the electricity bills are always over €200. I'm interested in changing my plan to nightsaver - could you please let me know what this would involve?

Thanks,

Palofmine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Palofmine,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Do you own the property or are you renting? If you are not the owner, the property would need to give us their permission.

You would need to exchange your meter for a dual tariff meter. There are fees associated with exchanging meters and it will impact on your price plan. The night rate comes into effect from 11pm or midnight until 8am or 9am. The price per unit for your day usage would increase marginally and your standing charge would also be higher. However, you will be saving money provided that you use a lot of electricity during the night hours.

If you would like to send us a private message, we should be able to confirm exactly what your unit rate and standing charge would change to.

For account security, we need you to confirm the following details for us:
    - Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Palofmine

Hi Palofmine,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Do you own the property or are you renting? If you are not the owner, the property would need to give us their permission.

You would need to exchange your meter for a dual tariff meter. There are fees associated with exchanging meters and it will impact on your price plan. The night rate comes into effect from 11pm or midnight until 8am or 9am. The price per unit for your day usage would increase marginally and your standing charge would also be higher. However, you will be saving money provided that you use a lot of electricity during the night hours.

If you would like to send us a private message, we should be able to confirm exactly what your unit rate and standing charge would change to.

For account security, we need you to confirm the following details for us:
    - Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    Thanks Aoife - I will send on a private message later today. I own the home. Could you please tell me of the costs involved in switching the meter?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Palofmine,

While there is a fee to exchange a Nightsaver meter back to a standard 24hr meter, there is no charge to get one installed.

The day unit rate is slightly higher as is the standing charge (full details on our price plan page here) so as a general rule of thumb, you would need to be using at least three to four units per night on average to benefit from a Nightsaver meter.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement