Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloudy.

Options
  • 12-08-2015 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

my pale ale is fermenting 9 days now. It's SG is down to 1010 now, but the airlock has not been bubbling for the last several days, ( it was vigorous during days 3,4,5. Then slow on 6,7. I added hops on day 8.

Is it normal for no visible signs of fermentation at this stage ?
    It is very cloudy too. But it tastes like beer ...
    Should I be concerned? Or should I proceed as normal. I'm keeping it at 19 to 22 C.
    Planning to bottle at the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

my pale ale is fermenting 9 days now. It's SG is down to 1010 now, but the airlock has not been bubbling for the last several days, ( it was vigorous during days 3,4,5. Then slow on 6,7. I added hops on day 8.

Is it normal for no visible signs of fermentation at this stage ?
    It is very cloudy too. But it tastes like beer ...
    Should I be concerned? Or should I proceed as normal. I'm keeping it at 19 to 22 C.
    Planning to bottle at the weekend.

leave her alone, pretty normal what's going on.

i tend to bottle 3 weeks after i brew, then wait 4 weeks before i sample a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anthonyvbyrne

Thanks. Btw, how do you prime for bottling ? Quantity per half leter etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Chill the beer, and most of the yeast will drop out.

Advertisement