Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2015 Results thread

• 12-08-2015 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Well ****. Got 540, course was 535 last year, gonna be a tight squeeze I think.
    Really disappointed with Geo (b3) when I thought I got an A2 or B1 at least, gonna go in and get it rechecked I think.
    Got the A1 and A2 in Maths and Applied Maths though which made me happy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Kremin wrote: »
    Really disappointed with Geo (b3) when I thought I got an A2 or B1 at least, gonna go in and get it rechecked I think.
    Thats a great result well done !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Kremin wrote: »

That's serious going, well done!

I'm about 50 above last years points for my course so I'm happy with that :)

It was seriously anticlimactic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I got 505, course was 365 last year. I needed a B3 in German and I got an A1 and I needed a C3 in English and I got a B1. Happiest of all about my LCVP distinction! Can't wait to click accept on Monday :D

Congrats to all you guys :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Lads I actually rechecked the requirements for my first choice and it says it accepts passes in HL Maths as long as you get the honours in Physics (which I did) and given that I got 465 and my course was 355 last year, I think I'm okay!

I panicked there but happily avoided a crisis!

Well done to all of you, we're done now, we're free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Yaaaaaay. 275 points which is really good for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Yaaaaaay. 275 points which is really good for me!

I'm so glad everyone on here is happy!

It's so weird that that's the last time I'll be in my school!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Very happy with mine, got the requirements for engineering and I should get NUIG's excellence grant, all I need now is to get the Naughton Scholarship and I will be sorted! Congratulations to all the rest of ye, hope the mammies aren't driving you as mad as mine :P

Still in shock over that A2 in English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

440, got an A2 in the OL maths paper :) I'm about 60 points off my course so I can't help but be just the slightest bit disappointed. Still though I know someone would be delighted with this so I'm trying to be positive :) well done everyone! Feel like a proud mother this morning :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I got 585 :O I cannot f**king believe it, A1's in English, Irish, French, German and Geography and a B1 in Business-f**k you business!

I cannot believe it, my bloody heart. I was crying with happiness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I got 510. All B's. Course was 515 last year so I'll more than likely get my second choice. Can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I thought I might have got 1 or 2 A's.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

Delighted with my results!!! 460 overall and got a c1 in maths. Only five points above my first choice though so really hoping it doesn't rise! But anyway that's Mondays problem!!!! :D congratulations to everyone else here too!

You people make me feel stupid and stupid I am not :pac:

Well done everyone, I'm glad you're all happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Blue giant wrote: »
    I got 510. All B's. Course was 515 last year so I'll more than likely get my second choice. Can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I thought I might have got 1 or 2 A's.

Got 510 aswell! Congrats...is that science BTW? Demand has dropped for that i think so could go down

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Jijsaw wrote: »
    I got 585 :O I cannot f**king believe it, A1's in English, Irish, French, German and Geography and a B1 in Business-f**k you business!

I cannot believe it, my bloody heart. I was crying with happiness!

Congrats man! 585 thats insane.
    Got a b1 in business too, pretty happy considering was getting 20% in every test up until the mocks. Teacher clearly marks way too hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

The_N4sir wrote: »
    Got 510 aswell! Congrats...is that science BTW? Demand has dropped for that i think so could go down

Yeah. Hopefully it could. You never know. I wouldn't really mind getting my second choice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

A guy in my year got nine A1s :O

Got 465, very happy overall since my course was 420 the last two years. Kind of disappointed with english and french though (B2 and C1), since I generally get above 80 in english and I got a B in french in the mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

490 points. Well over the 300 I needed for my course, so I'm happy. Did a lot better than I was expecting. A2s in maths and dcg, which is madness. Only disappointed with my B3 in French, since I'm hoping to study it next year. Thinking about viewing my script just to see where I can improve. Do we get our oral marks as part of the viewing, or is it just the written paper?

But anyway, ITS OVER! We did it, people! 2 years of preparations and study are done, and I hope they've paid off for everyone and that you're all happy. To anyone who is unhappy, the leaving cert in a memory test, not an intelligence test, and not a reflection of you as a person. Remember there are back door routes into most courses. And to anyone thinking of repeating, you get 'em tiger! Kick those exams in the balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭KatieG6

Well done everyone who got what they wanted :)

Unfortunately English let me down big time. I was expecting a B2/B3. My teacher and grinds teacher said I should get that grade but to my surprise got a D2! Never got a D in English in my life, seriously don't know how that happened :(

Incredibly disappointed, looks like I'll be repeating :(

Grey Wind wrote: »
    A guy in my year got nine A1s :O

You know he's the only one who got 9 A1s this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

KatieG6 wrote: »

Unfortunately English let me down big time. I was expecting a B2/B3. Mmy teacher and grinds teacher said I should get that grade but to my surprise got a D2! Never got a D in English in my life, seriously don't know how that happened :(

It might be worth viewing your script and appealing, if you're that far off your average it could be that the examiner made a mistake or forgot a section.

KatieG6 wrote: »

Unfortunately English let me down big time. I was expecting a B2/B3. My teacher and grinds teacher said I should get that grade but to my surprise got a D2! Never got a D in English in my life, seriously don't know how that happened :(

Check the script with your teacher, may be worth getting rechecked

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

A1 in ordinary math, I knew I should've done higher all along!

An A2 in English... somehow. I got a D1 in the mocks, I knew my teacher was a strict corrector, but still.

A2 in both history and geography, don't know how I pulled off the history mark on that one. One of the essays I bull****ted on pretty hard, but everything else I knew.

B1 in business, this is the only subject that I thought I'd do better in.

A1 in Russian, also not that surprising.

515 points in the end, I want to see all of the scripts out of sheer curiosity.

Well, I'm like 90 points over for my CS course in DIT, so I'm set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Happy out with results! Got an A2 in English which was truly unexpected! Disappointed with biology though - though I would have done better. I would urge everyone to view your scripts - even the papers you did well in. It won't take that long to get through them and it's free too! Have a good night everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭quirkista

I hope it's not presumptive of me to sign up for Fresher's Fest in UCC with 475 points. I intend to study either Chemical Sciences and Biological and Chemical Sciences, 435 points and 445 points respectively last year.
    Anybody else really disappointed with English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Eazzah

320 which is about 100 more than I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

I'm still kicking myself over not applying to ad astra, imagine getting paid to study! Never in a million year thought i'd get 7 A's though

Delighted with my other results as well. Aside from the A2 in HL English, I got a B2 in HL History, a C2 in OL Biology, a C3 in OL Irish, a D1 in OL Maths and a D3 in HL Business

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

last year i got 175 and was gutted this year i got 300 which is my exact course requirement and i have hear so i hope i am safe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I got 580! I was not expecting that at all. All As aside from a B1 in physics (though it's quite the change from my previous F). It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm so glad I decided to repeat. I feel excited for college now, whereas last year I was anxious and didn't want to go.

Advertisement