Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2015 Results thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenom

Got 440! 30 off teaching but maybe it's not meant for me so DIT it is! Disappointed with homec as was sure I got at least B1/A2 - only got B3 so definitely getting it rechecked!
    Still happy over all well done everyone, just remember not to rank yourself amongst everyone else's results , once we get to college were all on the same level regardless of what you got!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I broke 600. :D I missed out on the A in maths though, but I have no reason to complain. It's what I expected to get too which is fair enough. You should all get your scripts checked as there is often an addition error and many appealed results can bring you up 5 points or so. LCVP goes up in 20 point increments! Even if you got an A1, it would be good to look at out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Grey Wind

You know he's the only one who got 9 A1s this year?
    Seriously? ****, I hadn't heard that.

Failed maths
    No college
    Gutted
    Have you Arts down for anywhere? I'm pretty sure there's a few colleges that accept you for Arts even with a fail in maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

585 wuaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Krydan

Got 500, couldn't be any happier.
    Course was 435 last year so should be in the clear.
    A1 in DCG, A2 in Physics, B1 in Business, C1 in English, B3 HL Maths, D1 Spanish, C2 OL Irish and Merit LCVP.

Maths was the biggest shock, I was hoping to pass the exam!

Congratulations to everyone on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Quarks

Bitter sweet for me. Got the points I needed/wanted, but I didn't get the min entry requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

420. Course I wanted was 250 but failed Maths... Trying to focus on the positives anyway. Well done everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

Got 490! Was delighted to get my French A1 and of course happy to pass OL Maths (with a D2).

Was surprised to get a B3 in Biology, was expecting a C grade, I guess they marked it easy? Disappointed to get a B3 in Art as I usually get a B1. Was really hoping to scrape an A2 in Irish as I was very happy with my oral but I got my usual B1.

Even though I will get my course, I can't help but be a little disappointed that I didn't get over 500. Especially when I see the amazing points that many of you got! I know it's not a competition but I can't help but compare!

I hope you all got what you wanted! At least we can stop worrying about it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

585, delighted with the points.

Little bit surprised with one or two of the grades.. Have one subject that I'll probably appeal. I have no real cause for complaint though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

I got 560 and I couldn't ask for more. Got the A1 in Irish and German, then A2 in music and biology, B1 in art and then the biggest surprise of them all, a C1 in maths. That was the first result I looked at and I was just so delighted, still am. English was bit lower than expected but I couldn't care less now! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bmea

Went up 95 points from the pres. Its possible folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hon the Dubs

555 overall!
    A1 in maths and physics, A2 in ap. Maths, b1 in Spanish, b2 in Irish and b3 in English and biology
    Tempted to get English rechecked but I'm away for viewing of scripts so I'm not sure what to do :/

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

I actually can't believe I got 615!! I keep re-reading it to make sure I've read it right!
    I really want to do veterinary which was 580 last year so I'm absolutely delighted! Just an A2 in Biology let me down haha
    Well done to everyone though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I got 520, I'm absoloutly shocked! I was fully convinced I'd gone down from my mocks, but I went up 45 points !! I can't believe it. I almost want to view my English paper because I was so sure I made a mess of it, and I got a B2!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

I got exactly my course points and i have hear so if the course goes up say 15 points should i be safe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

Got 385 and I know I should be happy with that but I know I can do so much better. Gonna have a look at all of them and possibly appeal but I don't know yet. Really upset with biology and economics, but for now I'm just gonna contemplate my options

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

Got 575!! Such a shock :P
    Got A1s in french and biology, A2s in maths and physics, B1s in Irish and chemistry and a B2 in English!! Should be on my way to UCD science in a few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Does anyone know how viewing the papers goes? I submitted the form with the subjects I'd like to check. Do you bring anythig in with you? e.g calculator and is it supervised by someone?
    Really hope someone made a mistake on my geography paper because I'd really like those 15 points :l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I got exactly my course points and i have hear so if the course goes up say 15 points should i be safe ?
    The amount of points a particular course is reduced by is dependent on a number of factors, such as;

The overall number of places on the course.
    The number of reserved HEAR places on the course.
    The number of HEAR eligible applicants competing for these reserved places.
    The reduction in points for HEAR places varies every year.

If you got the course points though your probably fine :) Go out and enjoy your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

mad turnip wrote: »
    If you got the course points though your probably fine :) Go out and enjoy your day.
    Cheers turnip :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

7 A1s and 1 A2. So happy and yet that ugly A2 really ruins the aesthetics of the sheet. Damn you English!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Congratz everyone, especially the majority of lurkers you got less than 500. Something for most of you to keep in mind courses with lower points 200-350 may be determined by the lowest applicant last year and not have even filled all of there places. Although I'm not sure this applies to Boards users as everyone seems to have gotten 500+ O_O.

Good luck in round 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

mad turnip wrote: »
    Congratz everyone, especially the majority of lurkers you got less than 500. Something for most of you to keep in mind courses with lower points 200-350 may be determined by the lowest applicant last year and not have even filled all of there places. Although I'm not sure this applies to Boards users as everyone seems to have gotten 500+ O_O.

Good luck in round 1!

Hope this is through,I got 255 and need 265!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

still in shock over getting 585, had everyone convinced i would get a c in english and i got an a1
    b1 in french is what let me down but cant complain at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I don't have enough points for any of my courses and the fail in maths makes me feel worse
    I worked so hard for absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ecoste

I don't have enough points for any of my courses and the fail in maths makes me feel worse
    I worked so hard for absolutely nothing

How much did you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

Got 4A1's and 2 A2's in the pre and 6A2's in the LC. Is that worth a recheck? The A2's were in Maths, English, Irish, French, Physics, and chemistry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭expiiplus1

580 - I'm feeling slightly sick. I was expecting 615 at worst. Instead I got A1s in my worst subjects and a B1 in maths. Is it possible that they made a clerical error and put an A1 down as a B1?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Broseph wrote: »
    Got 4A1's and 2 A2's in the pre and 6A2's in the LC. Is that worth a recheck? The A2's were in Maths, English, Irish, French, Physics, and chemistry.

Go in and view all the papers and get a teachers opinion. Things like maths are probably less likely to go up as you're either wrong or right but maybe you'll get extra points for any work shown etc.
    Definitely go see them and then decide if you need the points or not.
    6 A2's is still extremely impressive so well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

Kremin wrote: »
    Go in and view all the papers and get a teachers opinion. Things like maths are probably less likely to go up as you're either wrong or right but maybe you'll get extra points for any work shown etc.
    Definitely go see them and then decide if you need the points or not.
    6 A2's is still extremely impressive so well done!

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!

Advertisement