Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mycamper.ie

Options
  • 12-08-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

hi
    i'm interested in buying a camper and particularly like the old vw vans, I've seen a few for sale on mycamper.ie but it seems that most of them are a UK reg and the sales go through paypal etc
    I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience of buying this way or from this site?
    The prices seem very low towards other sites I've been viewing ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

carolmon wrote: »
    hi
    i'm interested in buying a camper and particularly like the old vw vans, I've seen a few for sale on mycamper.ie but it seems that most of them are a UK reg and the sales go through paypal etc
    I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience of buying this way or from this site?

Saw a nice classic one on dondeal today, but it needs a bit of work to finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

hi

RUN AWAY! Those are advanced payments scams.

Anyone who expects to get a 2006 autotrail for €7300 might actually fall for it too.

You should contact the owner and ask him to remove the ads or the site as he is facilitating fraud.

Same van same seller same price different country ?

http://mycamper.ie/ads/754

http://www.face-bay.com/motors/vans-512/swift-sundance-motorhome-fiat-ducato-8167.htm

A handy trick is to pick an image, right click and open it in a new tap, go to that tap right click and select google search this image.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

I was thinking it was too good a price to be true........
    and do people really buy cars/ campers on Ebay?

So can anybody recommend a good site/ dealer to search for a van?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I was thinking it was too good a price to be true........
    and do people really buy cars/ campers on Ebay?

So can anybody recommend a good site/ dealer to search for a van?

I bought my camper on ebay on the understanding, from the start of bidding, that it would be a cash transaction once I had seen it and verified it was as advertised. It was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

I bought my camper on ebay on the understanding, from the start of bidding, that it would be a cash transaction once I had seen it and verified it was as advertised. It was.

good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I have also bought numerous motorbikes and a car from Ebay uk, flew over to collect and drove them home, was never disappointed

I imported mine from Japan, bought at auction on the based on an inspection report in Japanese and two photos. Worked out well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

You should join the classic vw club eircooled.ie they know what they are looking at and would give great advice before you buy. There is also a member on there that sources and imports vans from the states that are far cheaper and better condition than what's available here.

Advertisement