Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cut back lavender now?

Options
  • 12-08-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Lavender has flowered and looks very untidy. can i cut it right back or is it too early? Not much sent unless it is ruffled up a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

tricky99 wrote: »
    Lavender has flowered and looks very untidy. can i cut it right back or is it too early? Not much sent unless it is ruffled up a bit.

Cut back now but not in to old wood. Leave a couple of inches of green leaves on every stem.

There's a bit of a myth about how scented lavender is ... The scent is only released in any quantity when it's brushed against or pinched.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tricky99

thanks for that. true I need to dry/bag the leaves as much as the flower?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

thanks for the advise also- was going to ask the same question but mine is still flowering and full of bees so will leave them to it for now since it's been such a poor summer for the little critters

Advertisement