Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My fitness pal

• 12-08-2015 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭

I started using this recently and it was awkward at first but I'm used to it now. I was just scrolling through a few stats and according to my nutrients it says I have 7g of fat left to consume. But in the macros stats it says I'm 8% over? Both protein and carbs are conflicting too. Can anybody help please.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

i don't use the app myself - i login on pc.

but it looks like 28% of what you have already eaten today (the 28% in the pie chart) as opposed to your goals for the day.
    If so , that is a moving target,.

Pinheads pizza do a 32inch pizza - that should give 2 fingers to myfitnesspal.
    It's free too if you finish it (i think)

http://www.pinheadspizza.ie/content/10-irelands-largest-pizza

you owe it to the forum to beat this challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I started using this recently and it was awkward at first but I'm used to it now. I was just scrolling through a few stats and according to my nutrients it says I have 7g of fat left to consume. But in the macros stats it says I'm 8% over? Both protein and carbs are conflicting too. Can anybody help please.
    Thanks

The pie chart shows you the breakdown of what you've consumed already. The quantities for each matches the total of what you've already consumed.

So fat makes up 28% of what you've eaten thus far but if you hit your goals by the end of the day and consumed a greater quantity of carbs and protein, the fat percentage of your overall tally will drop back to 20%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The pie chart shows you the breakdown of what you've consumed already. The quantities for each matches the total of what you've already consumed.

So fat makes up 28% of what you've eaten thus far but if you hit your goals by the end of the day and consumed a greater quantity of carbs and protein, the fat percentage of your overall tally will drop back to 20%

So does that mean I should not eat any more fat today and very little protein?

No, it means you should eat according to the goals you set. It tells you what they are in the non-piechart attachment. If you hit those the piechart will reflect the goals at the end of the day.

The pie chart is a snapshot of where you're at at that particular time. If you set the goals preperly, then all you need to keep an eye on is what your total is, what your goal is and what you have left to meet your goal for each macro.

So based on what you attached, you should be getting 91g protein, 175g carbs and 7 g fat by the end of the day. When you do that, your pie chart will be 50% C, 30% P and 20% F.

Do you even maths?

No, it means you should eat according to the goals you set. It tells you what they are in the non-piechart attachment. If you hit those the piechart will reflect the goals at the end of the day.

The pie chart is a snapshot of where you're at at that particular time. If you set the goals preperly, then all you need to keep an eye on is what your total is, what your goal is and what you have left to meet your goal for each macro.

So based on what you attached, you should be getting 91g protein, 175g carbs and 7 g fat by the end of the day. When you do that, your pie chart will be 50% C, 30% P and 20% F.

Do you even maths?

Sound thanks for that. The pie chart could say that a little clearer in fairness. I'm only new to macros, calorie counting and the app layout itself

• Advertisement

Sound thanks for that. The pie chart could say that a little clearer in fairness. I'm only new to macros, calorie counting and the app layout itself

The pie chart is only a snapshot and it's not hugely useful, imo.

The main info is the Total, Goal and Left columns. That has everything you need to know in terms of what you have consumed and where you are in relation to your goal for each macro.

You might go over/under for daily totals but if your averaging out at the goal numbers over a week, you're going grand. And if you're in the ball park you'lll be grand as well.

The pie chart is only a snapshot and it's not hugely useful, imo.

The main info is the Total, Goal and Left columns. That has everything you need to know in terms of what you have consumed and where you are in relation to your goal for each macro.

You might go over/under for daily totals but if your averaging out at the goal numbers over a week, you're going grand. And if you're in the ball park you'lll be grand as well.

Thanks again. You're a great help as usual

arayess wrote: »
    i don't use the app myself - i login on pc.

but it looks like 28% of what you have already eaten today (the 28% in the pie chart) as opposed to your goals for the day.
    If so , that is a moving target,.

Pinheads pizza do a 32inch pizza - that should give 2 fingers to myfitnesspal.
    It's free too if you finish it (i think)

http://www.pinheadspizza.ie/content/10-irelands-largest-pizza

you owe it to the forum to beat this challenge.

I'd easily eat a 32" pizza but only if I'd been drinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

I'd easily eat a 32" pizza but only if I'd been drinking.

2 Foot by 2.5 foot pizza

https://www.facebook.com/201934758567/photos/a.10151746885168568.1073741828.201934758567/10152520752568568/?type=1&permPage=1

if you're ever drinking in carlow

strelok wrote: »

I do on occasion! I've eaten a 28" pizza so I'd imagine I'd manage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The pie chart shows the macros of what you've actually eaten.
    In that regard its a perfect breakdown.

The other page shows what you should be eating, based on macro targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I've managed a Wagan wheel to myself a few years ago...but it took a few joints to do it TBH...

And never ever again will I attempt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I've managed a Wagan wheel to myself a few years ago...but it took a few joints to do it TBH...

And never ever again will I attempt it.

fair play to you.
    The wagonwheel is a mighty beast.

Advertisement