Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement of a Cisco/Linksys SPA400

Options
  • 12-08-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Have a linksys/cisco SPA400 in the house, but its next to useless... I have it connected to a FreePBX box, but every now and again it will connect... the rest of the time it wont... When it does connect, it lasts a couple of hours, then falls over again... Only way to get it back is to hard reset it.

Any recommendations on what i should look for in a replacement? looking for something that will have a minimum of 2 FXO ports (incoming), no out going ports required (all phones will be VoIP), something that will talk to Asterisk/FreePBX and probably a budget of about 100EUR...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭65535

It may be that the registration to the SIP provider is timing out and a reboot fixes it.
    Change the registration timer/time out to 130 I think from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

thanks for the tip, but i cant, for the life of me, figure out where the timer is!

I had a similar problem with Blueface and resolved it by moving them to a different SIP box because the old one I was using did not have that timer.
    Someone should be along later with more experience of the SPA400 Unit, I think I have one somewhere but it is yonks since I used it.

thanks... Did some messing with the box today... calls do seem to be more stable, but still not getting caller ID... what do you use?

The caller ID depends on what you have plugged in to display that caller ID.
    Again settings could be changed for that - probably the country settings ?

I am using an old Fritz box for all SIP connections other than 2 Blueface extensions which are on a reflashed F1000 specifically for that registration reason.

The latest Fritz boxes would handle all of that but that's the way it works out for me.

• Advertisement

looking at the fritzbox, it seems overkill for what i need... I already have a firewall (box running PFSense) and have my own Wifi network (Mikrotik routerboard). I also have a, well lets just say, complicated network setup (2 cable modems and 1 VSDL link). but i will keep digging.

Thanks.

Might I ask have you joined those 3 ISP circuits or are they separate.

load balanced using PFSense.

Thanks - must check that out.

ayyy. defiantly handy. was looking at some of those Fritz boxes... defiantly look cool... if i needed a router, they would be handy, but the ones i want (the one with LTE is nice) does not have a "normal" WAN port... :(

• Advertisement

The ones without a 'normal' WAN port you just setup one of the LAN ports instead.
    The old one I have is a 7270 - made for DSL but I have never used it that way.
    Just plug in the Internet cable to the first port and configure it that way.
    Great for IP Phones & DECT

Interesting... Now to go looking more...

Advertisement