Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 24 + 25), Aug 14-17

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

A 7:05pm kick off, on a Monday....

I wish the teams had the means to tell RTE to **** off. That'll knock a chunk off the gate for Rovers. Joke of a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pretty much rules out any chance of a decent away support and will reduce the home support.

Terrible time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Speaking of away support it looks like we won't have too many up in Derry. No local bus firms are willing to bring supporters up to the Brandywell because buses were attacked the last two times we were up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I'd completely forgotten there were games on Monday. That's a nice surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have a feeling there'll be woeful attendances around the league on Friday and Monday.

Man United and Liverpool both on the box on both match days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think a valiant loss on Friday, and then a draw at worst on Monday. I'd take that at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Rte are seriously putting cork vs rovers on at the same time as Liverpool. Ridiculous.

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Rte are seriously putting cork vs rovers on at the same time as Liverpool. Ridiculous.

Any reason to justify why they shouldn't show games as they don't get the numbers.

Mushy wrote: »
    Any reason to justify why they shouldn't show games as they don't get the numbers.

It's great for Cork fans but hampers home fans getting there after work. It's 40 mins less to get to a game. Can be really annoying.

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's great for Cork fans but hampers home fans getting there after work. It's 40 mins less to get to a game. Can be really annoying.

To say the least. When I worked in Dundrum and wanted to get to a game, if it was on tv it was annoying.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    To say the least. When I worked in Dundrum and wanted to get to a game, if it was on tv it was annoying.

I understand that they want to try and promote the league to a wider audience but I don't think RTE understand that they are actually alienating supporters when they bring forward a kick off time.

I don't imagine the TV money (*snigger*) would make up for what is most likely going to result in a drop in match day revenue. Ok, it doesn't necessarily help that the Premier League has a Liverpool game live at the same time but sure what can you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

That_Guy wrote: »

I don't imagine the TV money (*snigger*) would make up for what is most likely going to result in a drop in match day revenue. Ok, it doesn't necessarily help that the Premier League has a Liverpool game live at the same time but sure what can you do?
    I thought the FAI kept it anyway... clubs just take the hit and deal with it.

Big game in Finn Park... will either give Shels a mountain to climb or drop us right into their clutches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Big weekend towards settling issues. If Rovers don't pick up at least four points and probably six, that's probably fourth spot as the likely finishing spot.

Galway v Drogheda winner should be safe, Sligo v Derry..is Adams the boss yet or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Pighead wrote: »
    Speaking of away support it looks like we won't have too many up in Derry. No local bus firms are willing to bring supporters up to the Brandywell because buses were attacked the last two times we were up there.

The carriers insurance company told Sevens coaches who usually take Dundalk fans to away games that they wouldn't cover them for any damage that might happen in Derry so no bus for Dundalk fans :( Bit sad really.I'll car it up along with me 4 mates ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Long trip up to Donegal tomorrow (after a long trip down south last Saturday), think we're done if we don't take the 3 points. Have dropped 2 points the last two weekends! Can't say I'm confident, also not confident it won't be pissing down and freezing as always!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Only the FAI would put Rovers v City and Dundalk v Pats on a Monday night, they really don't give **** about the league.

Long trip up to Donegal tomorrow (after a long trip down south last Saturday), think we're done if we don't take the 3 points. Have dropped 2 points the last two weekends! Can't say I'm confident, also not confident it won't be pissing down and freezing as always!

Welcome to the lives of fans from outside of Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

CHealy wrote: »

_44715896_knighted_one512.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

CHealy wrote: »
    yep... getting to tolka would be the shortest trip time wise for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

1393966.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Apparently the CCFC stadium announcer will give live updates of the Man Utd Vs Villa game tonight.

Good to hear. Hopefully it might get a few undecided people through the gate.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Apparently the CCFC stadium announcer will give live updates of the Man Utd Vs Villa game tonight.

Disaster for anybody going to the Cork game and taping the Utd match to watch when they get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Disaster for anybody going to the Cork game and taping the Utd match to watch when they get home.

Still using tapes up in Dundalk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dan1895 wrote: »
    Still using tapes up in Dundalk?

And Corkies don't have the Internet on their phones to check latest scores.

Must be the 90s again.

Good news for Shels fans!!!

Who has time to be looking at phones during a thrilling Munster derby? The convenience of the action being called out to us will be just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Really?

I couldn't give a toss about Man Utd game.

bit disapointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

I'd be more offended if they didn't show it because some foreign league has a game on. Anyway, makes no odds to me, I'll be down in Bray supporting my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If Hooliganism is/was the English disease, the Irish obsession with Premiership football is the Irish disease. Wish we could have a nation of people that gave a f*ck about our own ahead of our supposed auld enemy. Patriots to a man and a sports mad country, unless it involved week in and week out actual support. Sorry for the rant but jaysis it's insufferable. "Football's back", p*ss off, it never left.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'd be more offended if they didn't show it because some foreign league has a game on. Anyway, makes no odds to me, I'll be down in Bray supporting my team.

That's not his point. I think.

The point is why are these bigger games being played "midweek"?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Everything is going well in Drogheda. Cork better come back and win FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Oat23 wrote: »
    Everything is going well in Drogheda. Cork better come back and win FFS.

Its fricking 2-2:mad:

Limerick 3-2 up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Limerick.

Good time to miss first league game of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

FFS Cabinteely!

Limerick you are an absolute lady. Back on track for back to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Damn it Galway. :(

• Advertisement

Getting tight from 6th down...my nerves won't handle it!

Just as long as ye all remember we beat them when ye play silgo september 5th :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That was as difficult as expected. Tough 1-0 win with a brand new back four :D

Mc grath had a few decent chances but Bray made us work for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I must say, fair ****ing play to Limerick tonight, they came at us from the very first minute and deserved to win, they actually should have won by more. If they play like that for the rest of the season they might just be ok. But I don't think it excuses the pathetic performence by Cork City. I think that should be that now for Dundalk if they hold thier nerve, and last season showed that they can.

Grim night in Cork.

33o5lpc.jpg

Sunglasses_shock.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Love it :pac:
    Now must not lose against Pats on Monday is the new chant even though it dosn't rhyme or trip of the tounge like 'Back on track for back to back' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

FFS Cabinteely!

The result was never in doubt ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I wouldn't know where to begin describing the Youths V Cabinteely game tonight.

Clinical second half from us. Benson is just a class above everyone in this division. As a team we just look so much more composed and confident after the Europa League games.

Our next games are:
    Athlone H
    Shels A
    Athlone A
    Wexford A
    Wexford H
    Finn Harps A

Some fixture list but if we can get something out of each of them I think we'll be top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    That was as difficult as expected. Tough 1-0 win with a brand new back four :D

Mc grath had a few decent chances but Bray made us work for it.

It actually looked like a back two of Desmond and McGuinness with Bolger dropping back when needed. Then Greene pretty much played left back in the second half with Forrester playing wide left.

I got into the ground about two minutes into the game, heard nothing about the first eleven or the line-up. I looked at our defence and thought 'what have we got going on here" :confused::eek:

Clinical second half from us. Benson is just a class above everyone in this division. As a team we just look so much more composed and confident after the Europa League games.

Our next games are:
    Athlone H
    Shels A
    Athlone A
    Wexford A
    Wexford H
    Finn Harps A

Some fixture list but if we can get something out of each of them I think we'll be top.

Seen nothing of Benson this season, but he is a class player. What's the story with Swan? Is this his first season?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Seen nothing of Benson this season, but he is a class player. What's the story with Swan? Is this his first season?
    First season for us. Think he was briefly with Bray towards the end of last season but only had a few sub appearances.

First season for us. Think he was briefly with Bray towards the end of last season but only had a few sub appearances.

Is he a flash in the pan (i've only heard of him via his euro exploits) or will he be doing the rounds of the Dublin clubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is he a flash in the pan (i've only heard of him via his euro exploits) or will he be doing the rounds of the Dublin clubs?

He is Swans kids he will get chances much like Mick Leechs kid ....

where is he now?

/Mark was decent for us until he broke his leg.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    He is Swans kids he will get chances much like Mick Leechs kid ....

where is he now?

/Mark was decent for us until he broke his leg.

Played for us in last Tolka season. Don't think he scored a goal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement