Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 24 + 25), Aug 14-17

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

howiya wrote: »
    Just out of interest does anyone know roughly how much Rovers pay to SDCC for the use of Tallaght Stadium?
    Six figures is all I know. So probably low 100,000s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The CCFC season will officially draw to a close at approximately 9.30 Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

gimmick wrote: »
    The CCFC season will officially draw to a close at approximately 9.30 Friday night.

If Cork stand off Pats and give them the ball, that is likely to be the case.

However, if Cork press Pats high up the pitch, you'll will find that Pats are not the great "ballers" think they are.

If I was a Cork, I'd leave the old lads on the bench and go with power and pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    David Mc Millan scored 2 goals vs us tonight :confused:

Battered in the 1st half, 3 mistakes and we were punished each time. Have to question why Hoare who hasnt played in 6 weeks starts. Dundalk wouldnt let us have a 2nd on the ball.

Seen Jamie Mc Graths face after the match, scummy thing to do. Towell kicking him in the face when he was on the ground. And i think he was booked for the altercation with Forrester after it and not the kick in the face :/

Nasty.

https://twitter.com/realmario87/status/633411918083026944

McGrath has a broken nose. Really hope Towell gets done for that. It's a disgraceful incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

monkey9 wrote: »
    McGrath has a broken nose. Really hope Towell gets done for that. It's a disgraceful incident.
    Looking at it in real time I was sure he was trying to get the ball which was just behind him but the replay tells a different story. Looks intentional. Can't be defending that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Is there scope for retroactive punishment if a card has already been given?

anncoates wrote: »

How would retroactive punishment work? Retroactively suspend him for a game that has been played?

Some leagues provide for retrospective punishment but I don't think our league does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

He shouldnt be banned unless in March FAI said they would use video, I dont think he was booked for the kick but for the altercation with Forrester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Horrendous performance from Bohs out in Bray. I don't know if it was a case of too many changes or they weren't bothered.

Maybe a combo of both. Simply not good enough.

Regardless of that awful penalty decision Bray were gifted, we offered nothing.

Pighead wrote: »
    Looking at it in real time I was sure he was trying to get the ball which was just behind him but the replay tells a different story. Looks intentional. Can't be defending that.

It's baffling why he even did it. Dundalk were four one up,played Pat's off the park in the first half. Everything is in control and he kicks out like that. There's no need for it anytime, but just weird when the game had long been over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Brought another lad to Tallaght last night for the first time, he really enjoyed it. The Kilkenny branch of the SRFC supporter's club grows.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    He shouldnt be banned unless in March FAI said they would use video, I dont think he was booked for the kick but for the altercation with Forrester.

There was no altercation "with" Forrester. Forrester pushed him and Towell just backed away.

How would retroactive punishment work? Retroactively suspend him for a game that has been played

Retroactive as in for violent conduct that the referee missed at the time but has been caught on camera.

I thought initially as well the booking might be for the kick but surely the ref thought he was rowing with Forester on reflection, because it would have been instant red otherwise?

Great performance in Tallaght last night. Cork should have been battered 5-0. Makes such a difference having North coming into form and movement/pace at the top of midfield. Duff looked bright and fit for the few minutes on.

There was no altercation "with" Forrester. Forrester pushed him and Towell just backed away.

Probably kick him in the face next week when nobody is looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great performance in Tallaght last night. Cork should have been battered 5-00. Makes such a difference having North coming into form and movement/pace at the top of midfield. Duff looked bright and fit for the few minutes on.

Ah I'm sure Dan Murray would've popped up for a few points at least.

Retroactive as in for violent conduct that the referee missed at the time but has been caught on camera.

Retroactive: Influencing or applying to a period prior to enactment.

Retroactive: Influencing or applying to a period prior to enactment.

Retrospective, then.

At least we know what Richie's boards account is now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I thought the ref had to mention the incident in his report for someone to take look? Not sure if that's the case in Ireland or just somewhere else.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Retrospective, then.

At least we know what Richie's boards account is now.

I thought you were a stickler for spelling and grammar.

• Advertisement

I thought you were a stickler for spelling and grammar.

I am.

That was just a brain fart which is worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Six figures is all I know. So probably low 100,000s.

Thanks. Someone was trying to tell me they get it rent free which I knew was a pile of ****. As bad as SDCC are, they're not that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

It's baffling why he even did it. Dundalk were four one up,played Pat's off the park in the first half. Everything is in control and he kicks out like that. There's no need for it anytime, but just weird when the game had long been over.
    Why are you baffled? We all do stupid things and slip up from time to time.Richie is 24.When i was 24 me mother & faaderr took me to the Redemptorists in Dundalk,got me blessed,lit candles and said prayers to St.Jude.
    Honestly,the amount of moral high ground getting taken here will leave no room for anyone else :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Back to the game itself I doubt there has been such a systematic destruction of a supposed title rival. That opening 45 minutes was so one sided it was almost surreal to watch. Such a relief to see us back to our best again. Hopefully we can keep it up and finish the season in style.

Why are you baffled? We all do stupid things and slip up from time to time.Richie is 24.When i was 24 me mother & faaderr took me to the Redemptorists in Dundalk,got me blessed,lit candles and said prayers to St.Jude.
    Honestly,the amount of moral high ground getting taken here will leave no room for anyone else :rolleyes:

You may need to explain the significance of St. Jude to the heathens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

ah dont worry im sure its only temporary deflection from us, let me enjoy the calm

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Back to the game itself I doubt there has been such a systematic destruction of a supposed title rival. That opening 45 minutes was so one sided it was almost surreal to watch. Such a relief to see us back to our best again. Hopefully we can keep it up and finish the season in style.
    Without a doubt the best 45 mins i've seen from Dundalk in a long while.Everthing put to bed by half-time and then we had the luxury of a 3 goal lead and coasted home.We(Dundalk fans) worried about strikers(Kilduff contract etc) and subs before the start of the game but Dundalk opened with such a high tempo and determination that you just kinda knew after about 60 seconds that the worry wasn't needed at all.
    You may need to explain the significance of St. Jude to the heathens.
    :pac: My Confirmation name.Could have been worse,my bro got Mary for his :D Heathens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I don't think it was. Ref was letting the game get out of hand. Gannon kicked around the park in the first half no bookings. Two players hit with elbows from pats players. No frees
    It was inevitable a dundalk player would get some retaliation in. Thought it would be O'Donnell.
    No excusing Towell though it was disgraceful and not something anybody wants to see in Oriel

Baffling in regards to him doing it at four one up with the game over rather than him losing his cool because the pressure of a close match is getting to him or he's frustrated at losing a match.

As for this moral high ground, yeah I do think it's wrong to kick a young fella in the head while he's on the ground. Sorry.

doncarlos wrote: »
    I don't think it was. Ref was letting the game get out of hand. Gannon kicked around the park in the first half no bookings. Two players hit with elbows from pats players. No frees
    It was inevitable a dundalk player would get some retaliation in. Thought it would be O'Donnell.
    No excusing Towell though it was disgraceful and not something anybody wants to see in Oriel

Nastiness set in the second half. It was obvious that Pats were sent out to stop Dundalk by fouling/assaulting them. They seemed to target Gannon in particular and the ref ignored it.

It's hard to know what was going through Towell's mind, but there is no excusing his kick.

No excusing it.No Dundalk fan is.
    No excusing the high moralistic crap here either.
    "i'm hear to complain so listen" and don't explain or give excuses just listen :D
    4-1 :pac: :cool:
    10 points smooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No excusing it.No Dundalk fan is.
    No excusing the high moralistic crap here either.
    "i'm hear to complain so listen" and don't explain or give excuses just listen :D
    4-1 :pac: :cool:
    10 points smooth

You're having a mare here. 'I'm not excusing it but you're not allowed talk about how bad it was a whole day after it happened'

CSF wrote: »
    You're having a mare here. 'I'm not excusing it but you're not allowed talk about how bad it was a whole day after it happened'

Poor lad will be lucky to ever play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Surely a player can be criticised for doing something like that without cries of high morals etc etc. In fairness, kicking a guy stud side in the face is a fairly scummy thing to do, doesn't matter who or which team it is.

Funny, cos every time there's a scuffle within 10 miles of your ground, some of you are online saying Hail Marys but when people just comment on a teenage player getting his nose broken with a studs-up kick to the face, suddenly we're all being aul wans. :)

For what it's worth, talk of deserving season bans on the web is overreacting (think Towell is a bit petulant but doesn't come across a nasty player generally) but he should have seen red at least.

CSF wrote: »
    Woke up from the mare,still not fuqued up down in the mire of the 1st div
    You obv took my point up the ares way around,sorry that happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Woke up from the mare,still not fuqued up down in the mire of the 1st div
    You obv took my point up the ares way around,sorry that happened.

You can't just accept the fact that Towell was completely in the wrong without throwing digs left, right and centre. I've never understood that type of fan, who is just unable to step back and disassociate themselves before assessing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

SantryRed wrote: »
    You can't just accept the fact that Towell was completely in the wrong without throwing digs left, right and centre. I've never understood that type of fan, who is just unable to step back and disassociate themselves before assessing something.

I am always amazed by this as well. From a real world assessment over the last few days I haven't spoken to a DFC fan that wasn't critical of Towells actions. Only on the socialmeds have I witnessed apologists for it. It truly as a new world.

Advertisement