Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy frozen yogurt for smoothies?

Options
  • 12-08-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have recently being making smoothies and I want to start using froze yogurt in them, like at Jump. I don,t know where i can get tubs of frozen yogurt. Any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Could you not just buy yogurt and freeze it yourself? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rachaell

Lots of the big supermarkets do them but I get mine in Aldi. It's 1.79 for a tub and really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rosso98

Thanks ill have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kovu wrote: »
    Could you not just buy yogurt and freeze it yourself? :confused:

Frozen yogurt is really a sort of ice cream alternative, and can be very expensive compared to fresh yogurt. I get bit tubs of natural yogurt and freeze it in a ice cube tray. I then pop them into a freezer bag. I use these in smoothies and for tandoori chicken and other sauces.

In tesco a big pot is only a few cent more than a small tub of natural yogurt.

I have also frozen sauces & yogurt in those freezer bags you usually fill with water. This prevents freezer burn and also stops contaminating your ice cube tray if its a strong sauce, you might need a funnel and to massage it around the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

rachaell wrote: »
    Lots of the big supermarkets do them but I get mine in Aldi. It's 1.79 for a tub and really nice.

Yeah my local Dunnes has it so I'd imagine the others do as well. Its not stored with the ice cream though, it's with the frozen fruit & frozen desserts so you might need to search a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement