Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2016/17 Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Why not, can I ask?

I was just expecting more and I found the UCD open day to be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

We've had speakers coming in and I have to say that the speaker for CIT and Cork College of Commerce were much better than the one for UCC. They seem to think we'll pick UCC entirely for the brand.....that may be true actually but they could at least try

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

What does everybody have done in maths? We still have all of calculus and stats 2 to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I think we still have a lot to cover as well. Our teacher is planning on staying back once a week for an hour after school after Christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Nyctolust

We still have all of Calculus, Arithmetic, Length/Area/Volume, Financial Maths, Constructions, and all the proofs and theorems left to do. Just finishing up on Complex Numbers now. We were planning on staying back for an hour or two once a week by now as well... We only got to stay back until 6pm one day in October and that was it.

• Advertisement

Christmas tests have started :D kill me :D

Merry Christmas 6th years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Trying to take it easy for a couple of days and not think too much about the mocks but my god I'm ****ting myself worrying about the amount of crap I have to study and get done :(

Anyone else feeling this way???

You're definitely not the only one. I'm trying to force myself to take a break but all I can think about is study plans and flashcards!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ahhh it's here!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Ahhh it's here!!!

I'll have 4 days to study for physics and then chemistry to finish.

It doesn't look too bad I suppose. At least the 2 English papers aren't on the same day like they were for the JC

Not finished until the very last exam is over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ciara18

Anyone else getting very stressed about mocks? I want to do very well in June if I can help it but still cannot find it in myself to study over this break, even though the amount I've to learn (as does everyone) is ridiculous. Anyone have any motivational advice?

ciara18 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting very stressed about mocks? I want to do very well in June if I can help it but still cannot find it in myself to study over this break, even though the amount I've to learn (as does everyone) is ridiculous. Anyone have any motivational advice?

It might be a better idea to take the load off and start up the week before you come back.

That said, if you intend on doing your work now, it's not really about motivation. Motivation comes and goes and involves a lot of inspirational YouTube videos and looking at pictures of nature with quotes over them.

Develop a work ethic and just turn up and do your work. Even when you don't want to. The truth is everyone has days where they just don't want to do anything but it's up to you to just do it, no matter how poorly written or slow your work is the most important detail is that you did it. Do that every day and you'll eventually find it's not that hard

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Irish P2 and Biology/French and History on the same day... really not fair :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ciara18

Thanks for that, it was exactly what I needed to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

How often will everyone be studying when we start the term? Our guidance counsellor advised 4 hours, 6 days a week... (2 in evening study and 2 after). I hope to do 4 hours but that is realistically not going to happen...

EireLemon wrote: »
    How often will everyone be studying when we start the term? Our guidance counsellor advised 4 hours, 6 days a week... (2 in evening study and 2 after). I hope to do 4 hours but that is realistically not going to happen...

I try to use my computers and religion classes to study. I usually prioritise maths or biology but recently I've started doing more physics. I also study about 30-40 minutes every night on top of homework. Altogether it comes to about 4-6 hours. My teachers give a lot of tests so I do have to keep up the work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Will do my 2 hours in evening study and than just do project work after that on the computer that needs doing

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

what subjects is everyone doing here just curious

• Advertisement

Standard 3 + ag science. Engineering. Construction. Business

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

Standard 3 + Chemistry,Accounting,Biology and French.

meganob wrote:

Jesus the thoughts of that

Sacred Trio + German, Biology, Physics, Accounting and Applied Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Triforce of conya + bio, chemistry, physics and french

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Standard 3 plus German, Accounting, Ag Science, Chem and Biology

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Luciole

Maths, English, French, Biology, Physics, Business, App. Maths

Holy Trinity & biology, physics, DCG, applied maths, spanish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Standard 3 + ag science. Engineering. Construction. Business

Nice combination there for people that enjoy project work and don't like to study that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

meganob wrote: »
    Same as me minus chemistry

Advertisement