Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour bus business

Options
  • 12-08-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of starting a small tour bus business. Starting off with a mini bus taking up to 8-10 passengers for a tour of the surrounding area & tourist spots that the would normally miss out on if they haven't got a car.
    I've been to the Local Enterprise Office & been in contact with a few different departments but am struggling to get definite answers to what I want to know. Hopefully someone on here could help.
    What I want to know is what regulations would I need to abide by? Is there a special licence I would need IE: A Taxi driver needs a special taxi or Hackney license

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

You need a Road Passenger Transport Operator’s Licence if you are carrying more then 9 passengers for reward.

I also believe that you will need an accountants certificate to state that you will have sufficient resources of at least 9k for the first vehicle and 5k for the second subsequent vehicle, a set of accounts signed off by an accountant or a statement of affairs signed off by an accountant.

https://www.rtol.ie/rtol-online/forms;jsessionid=0C9mBnq50H2gz1SCVH-B+32p.node2

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

pedronomix wrote: »

If I knew where to look I wouldn't be asking on here would I? Do you ever help anybody without being condescending?

Help!!!! wrote: »
    If I knew where to look I wouldn't be asking on here would I? Do you ever help anybody without being condescending?

Lots of times but I clearly should not have bothered in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Help!!!! wrote: »

but your post did say that you've tried many avenues to get infomation, yet obviously did not try the internet which is where most people try first.

Hence you got a answer with a sarcastic slant.

I have an idea for you, but if I gave it you probably cut me down too, so I'll stay quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

delahuntv wrote: »
    but your post did say that you've tried many avenues to get infomation, yet obviously did not try the internet which is where most people try first.

Hence you got a answer with a sarcastic slant.

I have an idea for you, but if I gave it you probably cut me down too, so I'll stay quiet.

I went to my Local Enterprise Board who passed me on to the Department of Transport who passed me unto the Coach Tourism & Transport Council of Ireland who said I should contact my local Garda station to speak to a PSV Officer, so while I was waiting I thought I'd ask the good folks of Boards.
    Sorry for not checking the internet first.
    I appreciate all the help & advise I have received since joining boards but I don't understand why if people decide to help, then why be sarcastic.
    If its too much of an inconvenience to help someone then don't post in the thread

Pity you focussed on a throw away remark and made no comment on the link I provided to all the information needed from a regulatory perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

I think OP has got all of the information they need at this point and I want to nip this thread in the bud before it gets nasty.

dbran

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement