Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Sooo just 2 weeks to go I caved and downloaded the demo lol I’m so weak but I just wanted to look at the hdr settings mainly.

The game is way to bright with hdr on it looks better with it off

What does anybody else think about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tuxy wrote: »
    Maybe 6pm in the U.S?

eaa4d7e543219fca0ccdc1a1d2b0706f.png

I'm playing it now. Runs really well on my 1060.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nice one, restarting steam worked :)

I'm just getting it to test performance, I probably won't play much until the full game is out.

I hope to get close to 144 frames per second with a 1070 @1080p

Capcom's PC ports are usually decent.

• Up on the Xbox / PSN store...must resist

Just played 5 minutes, graphics are a bit more detailed than I expected but still getting 80-100 fps
    Loads of graphics options and controls with mouse and keyboard are perfect. Solid PC port!

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Nice one, restarting steam worked :)

I'm just getting it to test performance, I probably won't play much until the full game is out.

I hope to get close to 144 frames per second with a 1070 @1080p

Capcom's PC ports are usually decent.

I didn't bother messing with any settings but the game looked good and ran smoothly. I'd assume I'll get 60FPS easily anyway.

Up on the Xbox / PSN store...must resist

It won't ruin anything on you. Give it a blast.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It won't ruin anything on you. Give it a blast.

Yeah take your time and just enjoy how it looks and feels and the 30 mins will be up before you have accomplished much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So the demo is pretty much the same content of the demo journos played a few months back. Though I did notice a few things different:
    there is no puzzle to open Leons desk, in the original demo it was locked by the other cops and you had to input their initials. Now, you cant interact with it at all.
    There was a locked box you could carry around with a puzzle on it to unlock in the journo demo, did'nt find it in 2 runs through the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I rushed through it to see how much I could see, It's very good definitely contemplating a purchase now , is it only available on digital ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I rushed through it to see how much I could see, It's very good definitely contemplating a purchase now , is it only available on digital ?

No physical is available on consoles anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yes there is?

I said no its not digital only....

ERG89 wrote: »

Ah I see that now. When I read it first it read as if you were saying "no physical is available on console anyway"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Loved the demo, seriously cannot wait for full launch. This and Resi 3 were my favourite games growing up. All i will say is they really need to relax with all the videos they've been posting. Alot of major points in the game are been showcased casually, ruins it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Couldn't help it and played the demo, absolutely class!! ****ing drenched in a tense atmosphere and is a proper current gen Resi Evil. The 30 minutes flew and only seemed like I saw a tiny bit.

Cannot wait for the full game!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

I never pre order games but had to after the demo is great and the games seems to be everything I want and more.gamesplanet UK are doing pre-order of the deluxe edition for PC for 50 if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Just out of interest, has anyone double-dipped on the demo, playing it on both a console and PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

ERG89 wrote: »

A lack of comma usage can change what you're saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I crumpled like a paper bag and got the demo now to decide on when best to use my 1/2hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

gimli2112 wrote:
    I crumpled like a paper bag and got the demo now to decide on when best to use my 1/2hour.

You will have plenty of time to explore and take everything in,I did and it was completed in 23 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

daheadonu wrote: »
    I never pre order games but had to after the demo is great and the games seems to be everything I want and more.gamesplanet UK are doing pre-order of the deluxe edition for PC for 50 if anyone is interested

Thanks for the heads up, was gonna get it straight on Steam with a voucher a friend gave me...but at €20 cheaper I figured buy it now and use the voucher for a future Steam sale :D

Yes yes....more justification for this crack-habit that is gaming :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

The sound is something else on this playing with a 7.1 system and one of the fluorescent lights blowing up scared the bejesus out of me it was in the blue long hallway lol

I played through crappy TV speakers and there were plenty of times a noise made me twitch around and look where it came from, definitely gonna give the full game a go with headphones.

I loved how the zombies seemed a bit random as well, some went down easier than others and dine got back up after being dropped my multiple headshots. Makes it more frantic when fighting them like it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Does it feel like a modern game or is it like the first one where you just know its an old game spruced up with a nice bit of paint? Don't mind either way as booking 25th off work to play. It's been so long since I've looked forward to a decent horror game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Does it feel like a modern game or is it like the first one where you just know its an old game spruced up with a nice bit of paint? Don't mind either way as booking 25th off work to play. It's been so long since I've looked forward to a decent horror game.

It’s completely rebuilt from scratch, runs real smooth compared to the clunky original. This is a must play for any single player gamer.

Yupp, feels like a brand new game with a whiff of nostalgia. Absolute must for resi/horror fans whether you played the original or not.

I went from not wanting to play the demo to just giving it a quick go to now wanting to play it again on a different profile just to mess around with it, try a knife only run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Sound. I've never played the original so really looking forward. I haven't watched any footage at all and not gonna bother with the demo so going in completely blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Just out of interest, has anyone double-dipped on the demo, playing it on both a console and PC?

If you're playing on PC, you don't really need to stick to the 30 minute timer

• Advertisement

Played it last night, it's brilliant. The damage model on the zombies is something else. The shotgun just destroys them. Hopefully the guns will be upgradeable like the original game.

Advertisement