Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did anyone get the codes for all the lockers?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did anyone get the codes for all the lockers?
    I'm not sure if the 2 and 3 buttons can be found in the demo? I missed a few rooms so can't confirm but I didn't find them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Am i right in thinking that its 30minutes and weather you finish it or not in that time you cant play it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If you're playing on PC, you don't really need to stick to the 30 minute timer

Yeah, I was just wondering if the PC version is streets ahead of PS4. If it's only marginally better, I might just get in on console as it'll be a month or two before I can upgrade my PC.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the 2 and 3 buttons can be found in the demo? I missed a few rooms so can't confirm but I didn't find them anyway

No I'm on about the metal lockers in some of the rooms that have a combination locks on them. Not the lockers where the shotgun is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No I'm on about the metal lockers in some of the rooms that have a combination locks on them. Not the lockers where the shotgun is.

They are apparantly not found in the demo, as they were not in the original journo demo. Possibly the notes for them are either omitted or found in areas not in the demo. Probably the former as the journo demo codes were
    CAP and COM
    and the codes in the timed demo are
    BIO and RES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

RES

and

BIO

So I beat this last night on PC, 23mins like most people. Really impressed. I know the RPD like the back of my hand so I was delighted when a couple of the new scares actually got me.

I found there was more of a draw on graphics than I expected. When I chose max settings it wanted more than 13GB's of VRAM! :eek: I ended up setting it to 4K with everything maxed except textures which I set to 6GB. I ended up getting frames in the mid 50's with my Titan Xp (no overclock) for anyone who wants an idea of what performance will be like. I did experience some stuttering every now and again but hopefully new drivers will deal with things like that.

I want to give it a go on PS4 today but I can't find it on the store anywhere :confused:

Rob2D wrote: »
    RES

and

BIO

What was in them? I played it on PC last night but downloaded it on the X today so will give it a bash later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The estimated vram usage is way off
    I set it to use 9GB even though my card only has 8GB

RIva tuner showed 6.5GB vram usage with thise setting.

Not a single stutter on my 1080p monitor.
    Perhaps native 4k is too much for your card. It might be possible to set the res to 4k and scaler to 80-90% and get a solid 60 fps.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Perhaps native 4k is too much for your card.

My thought as well. Turned it down to 1440 and didn't see any difference. It only happened maybe 2 or 3 times during the whole demo though. Almost like I was hitting autosave points or something and the game would just chug for a second.
    What was in them? I played it on PC last night but downloaded it on the X today so will give it a bash later.

Ahhh, mag rounds I think.

Rob2D wrote: »

I want to give it a go on PS4 today but I can't find it on the store anywhere :confused:

On the psn store, press triangle and select search. Type it in the search bar or skiing the left bar, go to, games and then demos. It's the first one in there.

This is class, the way the torso comes away from the legs, the hat falls off and then the way the zombie starts crawling at Leon with one arm. I love the zombies in this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/aew20r/yupits_back/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the excitement in the thread is palpable.
    the only question for me now is deluxe or not deluxe

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the excitement in the thread is palpable.
    the only question for me now is deluxe or not deluxe

Considering you weren't buying it at launch I think you should go collector edition ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

stop I'm drinking and vulnerable
    still at the back of my mind I hate the nemesis chasey thing but I'm getting it I was only fooling myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Dunno about anyone else but I struggled through the demo. The atmosphere frightened me. Mad tense I love it haha can't wait for this Game.

This is class, the way the torso comes away from the legs, the hat falls off and then the way the zombie starts crawling at Leon with one arm. I love the zombies in this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/aew20r/yupits_back/

Yeah, all the animations are top notch. Like if you kill a zombie at the last second and the body limply falls on Leon so he has to throw it off. Capcom seem to have spared no expense here.

Played through it again, found some new stuff, still love it. I kneecapped a zombie, shot his leg off. Started crawling towards me pretty fast so I shot his arm off, slowed him down big time. That took me about 4 shots total where another zombie took 5 headshots before going down and he still got back up so the strategic shots are worth it. Nice variation in the zombies as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Why did I have to play this? I want it now.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

For anyone who didn't play the original and want to see the difference to the demo. Spoilers, the difference is big.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Did anybody else not complete the demo? What exactly was required? I spent ages on that safe and it only had a pouch in it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Did anybody else not complete the demo? What exactly was required? I spent ages on that safe and it only had a pouch in it.

You go to
    East wing, then West wing, then upstairs, back down and back to the main hall when summoned,
    that completes the demo and rolls the exclusive trailer which looked story heavy so I skipped it.

You go to
    East wing, then West wing, then upstairs, back down and back to the main hall when summoned,
    that completes the demo and rolls the exclusive trailer which looked story heavy so I skipped it.

Hmmm... I was in the room with the safe but there was a key needed to get into the main reception area.

Is it possible to finish the game in the demo? Am I reading this correctly?

Nope, you end up circling a bit of the map (nowhere else to go) and when you get back to where you started, a cutscene plays and the demo ends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haha I doubt it, you only have 30 minutes to play it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Heh, i was thinking the same, Speed runners would have a blast with this demo if it were possible. But checking the original games speed records, the quickest times are 45+mins. I doubt this version will be shorter than the originals, im hoping a lot longer to be honest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The main game will probably be much more than the 7GB the demo takes up.
    Also once you trigger a cut scene that would normally allow you to progress the demo ends.

• Advertisement

I thought I read soomeone finished the game in 23 mins. Knew I was mistaken

Advertisement