Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• I thought I read soomeone finished the game in 23 mins. Knew I was mistaken

Original was completed in 48 mins

World record Leon A

Also, where did you read it out if interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CD Keys have the PC version for €35.50. Seems cheap for that.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/resident-evil-2-biohazard-re2-pc-steam-cd-key?mw_aref=74dth566

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Fairly standard for key re-seller pricing. It's only the really big releases that go above €45

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Demo was amazing, delighted I pre-ordered it. Cant wait for launch.

This may well be the best RE in years?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tuxy wrote: »
    Fairly standard for key re-seller pricing. It's only the really big releases that go above €45

Really? I hadn't seen it that low but I didn't check to many different sites either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This might outrage some people but I bought Resi 4 since I never played it after enjoying this new demo.

Resi 4 controls are absolutely horrendous.

There I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Speedrunners finished the demo in sun 4 minutes which is mad. I haven't got anything to game on at the moment as I moved abroad but I'm going to get a console during the week just for this. It looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ASOT wrote:
    Speedrunners finished the demo in sun 4 minutes which is mad.

Its been finished in under 3 minutes on PC.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Its been finished in under 3 minutes on PC.

It's mental isn't it.

• ASOT wrote: »
    It's mental isn't it.

Why? Classic RE titles have always been subject to speedrun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

This might outrage some people but I bought Resi 4 since I never played it after enjoying this new demo.

There I said it.

well it is a really old game at this point. it still holds up great and you will adjust to the clunkyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

There I said it.
    They were outstanding at the time. Total departure and fantastic control of Leon. They've aged badly, as that style of control has been iterated on and improved in the years since.

There I said it.

Resi 4 is massively overrated. How's them apples

Why? Classic RE titles have always been subject to speedrun.

I meant speedrunners in general is mental.

• Resi 4 is massively overrated. How's them apples

No, just no!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ASOT wrote:
    It's mental isn't it.

Last week was GDQ week. When people in that know things like encounter rates or hit damage ratio's in long RPG's I'm not surprised at anything.

No, just no!

giphy.gif

I'm trying to remember much about it. I recall giving it a shot 5 or so years ago but dropping it after a couple hours. Didn't resonate at all with me. Quick time events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Resi 4 is massively overrated. How's them apples

I agree, it was good no doubt. But never really got the hype.

RE4 was a super super game but the controls on the XBox and PS4 port are just so so bad. I bought the game and actually gave up playing it due to the controls.

• It all depends if you actually played the original back in 2004 IMO. I played it at launch on GameCube and was revolutionary.
    Not in a smart way but also depends on your age somewhat.

If you were to revisit this I recommend getting the Wii version. The motion control implementation is sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Resi 4 was awesome at the time. Since then we've been spoiled with the mechanics of things like TLOU, Tomb Raider. Uncharted etc
    I played Resi 4 and completed it on harder settings several times, loved it. Got it last year (PS4) and kept turning in circles, aiming at the sky and walking into things. I could retrain my brain and go for it again but I'm too old and lazy at this stage.
    The controls on Resi 1 remaster are much easier.
    Easier to get into a tank in BF and do that for a few hours instead.

It all depends if you actually played the original back in 2004 IMO. I played it at launch on GameCube and was revolutionary.
    Not in a smart way but also depends on your age somewhat.

If you were to revisit this I recommend getting the Wii version. The motion control implementation is sublime.

All this is 100%. I had it on the Gamecube and the Wii. It was amazing and alot of fun.

These are the main reasons I bought it on the Xbox as I no longer own a Nintendo console and wanted to relive the fun I had years ago. The controls let me down so much :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I remember finally getting my hands on Resi 4, as most shops were sold out due to the typically low-stocked Gamecube section. It was a revelation - truly one of those moments (there’s been few since) where you felt like it was a medium taking a big leap forward. The violent intensity of that opening section, and having Leon’s head casually lobbed off due to carelessness, remains among my favourite gaming memories. That the game itself kept reinventing itself as it went along also showed designers at the top of their game - even when individual segments didn’t wholly work, it was still a game that surprised for most of its running time.

Haven’t played it in years so don’t know how it stacks up, but sadly gaming as a medium is one where many key, formative games - especially of the 3D era - have aged reasonably badly in a short space of time. Still, certain aspects of the game’s design will surely always hold up. And there’s few games which can boast of being anywhere near as influential as Resi 4 - in the 360 / PS3 era in particular much of its design language was repeatedly emulated, and some of its innovations (not least it’s over-the-shoulder approach to third person action) have become part of the standard gaming vocabulary.

Also set a good example for other series to follow: long-running game series should strive to reinvent themselves and do something new. It’s easy to get complacent and turn out more polished versions of the same thing, but it’s often worth the risk of alienating some fans to do something completely new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Also set a good example for other series to follow: long-running game series should strive to reinvent themselves and do something new. It’s easy to get complacent and turn out more polished versions of the same thing, but it’s often worth the risk of alienating some fans to do something completely new.

My issue was, they could have done it without alienating the fans, it could easily have remained true to its survival horror roots. Just remove the somersaults from windows, jean claude round house kicks and get rid of Del boy :pac::(

nix wrote: »
    My issue was, they could have done it without alienating the fans, it could easily have remained true to its survival horror roots. Just remove the somersaults from windows, jean claude round house kicks and get rid of Del boy :pac::(

I agree. For me, RE 4, 5, 6 and 7 and not RE in the true sense.

RE 4 was amazing but it moved away from the very gameplay that won over so many players in the first place.

5 and 6 were a joke. 7 while looking super and having proper jump scares, was an FPS per say.

I am so happy they have gone back to the proper RE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Whelp, bought the Deluxe edition just because...! :pac:

ZiabR wrote: »
    I agree. For me, RE 4, 5, 6 and 7 and not RE in the true sense.

RE 4 was amazing but it moved away from the very gameplay that won over so many players in the first place.

5 and 6 were a joke. 7 while looking super and having proper jump scares, was an FPS per say.

I am so happy they have gone back to the proper RE.

Proper 'RE is fixed camera angles trying to shoot zombies off screen when you hear their moans, you heathen!

• RE 5 is a blast to play, and the coop is fun however it's really not an RE game in the traditional sense.
    If you accept it as an Action game then it's a very enjoyable one.

At least with RE4 it still retained some of the tension and atmosphere of its predecessors.
    In particular the sense of dread, overwhelming odds, general atmosphere and also these *****;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

ZiabR wrote: »
    Demo was amazing, delighted I pre-ordered it. Cant wait for launch.

This may well be the best RE in years?

I hoping it’s the best resident evil of all time.

The classic formula and story of the old originals
    The controls of 4+5+6
    The awesome dark horror tone,style/feel of remake
    Mix all that in a blender and it = best ever resident evil game made

Lol let’s hope anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Demo was intense. Looking forward to this. Never got the shotgun though! I haven’t completed a RE since code veronica.
    Looking forward to this as RE 2/3 where my favourites. Tempted to download RE 4 from PS Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Holding tough on not downloading the demo, seriously struggling. :pac:

Advertisement