Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Holding tough on not downloading the demo, seriously struggling. :pac:

I was going to do the same but then I came to the realization that I have already completed Resi 2 inside and out countless times so it wont exactly spoil anything. Gives you a good feel for the gunplay. Can't wait to play it. 12 days and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Rory28 wrote: »
    I was going to do the same but then I came to the realization that I have already completed Resi 2 inside and out countless times so it wont exactly spoil anything. Gives you a good feel for the gunplay. Can't wait to play it. 12 days and counting.

RE1 on the PS4 is the last RE game I played and its all I can 100% remember.

Now, theres classic moments in RE2 I can remember going through the bus to get to RPD and fighting the licker, the croc in the sewer but outside of the stellar moments, I'm totaly drawing a blank, even though I've completed it a good few times too.

I probably will cave alright, im very weak willed in that regard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i wont even play the demo or look at anything about it because i want to enjoy it 100% fresh havent enjoyed a resident evil since code 1/2/code veronica days. Never tried the remasters either so looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The Demo doesn't really ruin anything. It is well worth the download :)

Go on...

ZiabR wrote: »
    The Demo doesn't really ruin anything. It is well worth the download :)

Go on...

Completely agree. Its a snippet of the police station with most of the doors closed off. Sold the game to me.

• Advertisement

• GavRedKing wrote: »

I actually have it downloaded but still holding out somehow. Think I might play it the day before launch to maximize the hype.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    RE1 on the PS4 is the last RE game I played and its all I can 100% remember.

Now, theres classic moments in RE2 I can remember going through the bus to get to RPD and fighting the licker, the croc in the sewer but outside of the stellar moments, I'm totaly drawing a blank, even though I've completed it a good few times too.

I probably will cave alright, im very weak willed in that regard. :D

Not sure if the reactions are fake on this video but **** me this scared the living bajaysus out of me back in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I actually have it downloaded but still holding out somehow. Think I might play it the day before launch to maximize the hype.

You listen to me and you listen good...

I expect you to play this tonight and I want a report on my desk by 0900 hours.

Failure to comply will result in absolutely no punishment whatsoever :D:pac:

• ZiabR wrote: »
    You listen to me and you listen good...

I expect you to play this tonight and I want a report on my desk by 0900 hours.

Failure to comply will result in absolutely no punishment whatsoever :D:pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

GavRedKing wrote: »

do what I did and convince yourself you're downloading it just to be sure it's not RE4 controls

• Advertisement

I caved, downloaded it at home on lunch so will give it a whirl tonight if I can finish up the last level on Hitman 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

So how many of ye actually played the original
    version of Resi 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

madcabbage wrote: »
    version of Resi 2?

I'd say the majority of us have. we an old bunch in here.

version of Resi 2?
    I remember running in town after school the day it was released and running back home to play it. Couldn't get the disc into the PlayStation fast enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I remember playing will into the A.M with the lights off it was the best time to play :)

It was playing scenario b at the end when I realised my life was changing forever

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It was playing scenario b at the end when I realised my life was changing forever

That was class, it was suddenly like getting extra games, then unlocking the Hunk scenario. It was a while after finishing it when I read in a magazine that there was a gatling gun with infinite ammo and it had to be played again until that was unlocked. It was the game that kept on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

2r4e4r.jpg

version of Resi 2?

I had to get the mother to buy it for me, I was only about 13 at the time.

Had a few s**t the bed moments that weekend playing it until all hours, any noise outside the bedroom was clearly a zombie invasion in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

My friend gave his copy to me cause he thought the disk was fuked. I cleaned it with aftershave on some tissue, worked a charm :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I remember getting it in my late teens after playing Resi's 3 and 1 in that order. I was stuck with my PS1 when the PS3 was but a few years off. I saw it out of nowhere in the bargain bin of a video rental shop in my hometown. Thankfully, I had the requisite €3.50. I was able to do most of the playthroughs and unlock but not beat the special Hunk and Tofu scenarios.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pre ordered yesterday without going near the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That was class, it was suddenly like getting extra games, then unlocking the Hunk scenario. It was a while after finishing it when I read in a magazine that there was a gatling gun with infinite ammo and it had to be played again until that was unlocked. It was the game that kept on giving.

Was there not an unlimited ammo three round burst pistol and magnum as well for completing the game?

• Magnum is a standard item in original RE2, doesn't require any game completion to find it.

It had additional parts and they also could be found in game.

Same with the handgun parts. Found in the station fairly early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For anyone who didn't play the original and want to see the difference to the demo. Spoilers, the difference is big.

One of the oldies who played this when it was release. Very excited about the remake and give the demo a shot.

Everything was amazing but.... where is the infamous police station theme song? That would have given me shivers.... that has disappointed me a little. :o

I like that I can't remember much of the original. I do remember being utterly amazed when I started the Claire B walkthrough and how it differs to the first playthrough.

Speaking of, has it been confirmed yet if they are doing routes a and b for this as well or giving it a single playthrough and switching you to different characters at certain times?

Reati wrote: »
    One of the oldies who played this when it was release. Very excited about the remake and give the demo a shot.

Everything was amazing but.... where is the infamous police station theme song? That would have given me shivers.... that has disappointed me a little. :o

Yupp, that hit me in the demo alright, I was straining to even hear if there was music. I think the deluxe edition might be worth just for the original soundtrack to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Magnum is a standard item in original RE2, doesn't require any game completion to find it.

It had additional parts and they also could be found in game.

Same with the handgun parts. Found in the station fairly early on.

But do you not get unlimited ammo for them at some stage?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I like that I can't remember much of the original. I do remember being utterly amazed when I started the Claire B walkthrough and how it differs to the first playthrough.

Speaking of, has it been confirmed yet if they are doing routes a and b for this as well or giving it a single playthrough and switching you to different characters at certain times?

I've heard conflicting reports but this quote just confuses me even more
    Hirabayashi touched on how the original's four different scenarios (Leon A/Claire B and Claire A/Leon B) have become two more straightforward campaigns in an interview

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    But do you not get unlimited ammo for them at some stage?

If I remember right, you got the rocket launcher/sub machine gun and gatling gun with infinite ammo, so you basically stockpile magnum and shotgun ammo.
    Leon's guns were upgradeable but Claire weren't. She did get the grenade launcher though.

Advertisement