Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's a pretty low quality 4K panel you bought though.

Well I use my TV as a monitor so that ruled OLED out. And the Samsung QLED only does 120hz on the 55" and above models and I can only fit 42/43".

So I figured if I can't have the best then I might as well save as much money as I can. Plus AVForums gave the A6200 their budget TV of the year award. Said it's the best value TV up to and a bit beyond €600. So if those lunatics gave it the seal of approval then it was good enough for me!

RE2 sure looks good on it anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My housemate was going on about how she remembered Resi 2 on PS1.

She freaked out enough to drop her aim 5 times in her demo playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll add, I played most of it with a decent pair of sennheiser's in last night and makes the game even better than playing it with the TV output or surrond.

Personally, I liked the sense of dread you get in a horror type game with headphones in, makes it eerily atmospheric when your hearing is fully focused on the game and its sounds and the demo captured that brilliantly I felt.

I'll play the full thing with headphones I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'll add, I played most of it with a decent pair of sennheiser's in last night and makes the game even better than playing it with the TV output or surrond.

Personally, I liked the sense of dread you get in a horror type game with headphones in, makes it eerily atmospheric when your hearing is fully focused on the game and its sounds and the demo captured that brilliantly I felt.

Would you recommend the sennheisers? I always use headphones when gaming and have been looking to invest in a really good pair. I am using some 50 euro yolks I got as part of a chris cringle two years ago. they do a job but I am looking for better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

GavRedKing wrote: »

TBH, I've started playing everything with headphones, the sound quality from modern flatscreens is just awful in general. even a soundbar doesn't come remotely close to expressing what the developers had intended - stuff like the swell of an orchestra in destiny 2 as you get to the end of a raid encounter, or the crazy voices in your head in Hellblade. We're doing ourselves a disservice by chasing graphics while ignoring the extra dimension really good audio adds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I was completely on edge playing the original RE the first few times I picked it up. So many memorable moments with adrenaline through the charts. The dogs breaking into the mansion hall way. Running past the hall monitors in the lab. And long stretches running through empty rooms with a creepy soundtrack winding the tension constantly. It was genuinely scary and got the adrenaline pumping. It was also immensely rewarding to cut through it and proceed to the end.

RE2 was a blast. The tension was cranked down, but it looked better, played better and had a more complex and interesting plot and overlap. I played those games a million times. The focus in RE3 shifted and I haven't bothered with the series in a very long time.

Reading this thread and watching the demo walkthroughs, etc I'm actually contemplating buying a PS4 and buying a copy of it. Could pick up the Resident Evil HD remake too. So yeah, this looks great. :)
    Try Resi 7 too. Great game.

So it seems a fixed camera angle version of the game will become available once you beat it. I called this ages ago because you can clearly see some fixed angles in some of the trailers. There will also be a rearrange mode and some kind of raid mode ala Revelations.

Speaking of hacked info, some fun stuff here. Guy even makes it all the way to the STARS office:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Rory28 wrote: »
    Would you recommend the sennheisers? I always use headphones when gaming and have been looking to invest in a really good pair. I am using some 50 euro yolks I got as part of a chris cringle two years ago. they do a job but I am looking for better.

100%, I picked up a pair in America about 2 and half years ago and they've not failed me.

I'd definitely recommend a good brand of headphones for gaming, either over the ear or in ear, depends on what you'd get more use out of in every day too, I got a pair of in ear headphones for work and the gym but their noise cancelling so theyre pretty perfect for gaming too, without needing to have the volume at ear drum splitting levels, I've used them for online shooters too and found them faultless.

I'd imagine a pair of over ear headphones would be better but the sennheisers start from about €100 all the way up to and over €600, it all goes back to depending on what you want to spend and what you need from them.

• If you're on Xbox the dolby app is incredible
    Simulated 7.1
    Not sure if PS4 has this also, I've never checked the PSN store for it

All you need is decent stereo headset

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I heard headphones mentioned. Any recommendations?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Rory28 wrote: »

PCGamer did a big writeup on gaming headsets 2 years ago; most models are still around:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/we-tested-23-mainstream-gaming-headsets-to-find-the-best/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I use my Bose QC35’s now as they were pretty much sitting there doing nothing as I don’t travel too much anymore. Probably a bit ott for gaming though, over their price but I have no other use for them at the moment but they are perfect for a game like this because of the brilliant noise cancellation in them, coupled with a dark room and then you have total immersion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Will I make it 1,641,901? :P

• JKRcTz4.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

JKRcTz4.jpg

giphy.gif

Ha it looks like Joker is pointing to the Demo :pac:

If you're on Xbox the dolby app is incredible
    Simulated 7.1
    Not sure if PS4 has this also, I've never checked the PSN store for it

You can download specific game audio profiles or whatever for the official Sony headsets. The pricey ones have 7.1.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP9000-CUSA00468_00-HEADSETCOMPANION

Apparently the demo made it to the top of STEAM's best seller list as well. People are going IN on this game.

• Think I just jizzed

That was incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Rob2D wrote: »
    So it seems a fixed camera angle version of the game will become available once you beat it. I called this ages ago because you can clearly see some fixed angles in some of the trailers. There will also be a rearrange mode and some kind of raid mode ala Revelations.

Speaking of hacked info, some fun stuff here. Guy even makes it all the way to the STARS office:

I would class this as a spoiler I would have liked to found this out for myself playing

Think it’s time to bow out of all resident evil 2 internet watch because it’s soo close now.

Time to catch up on some unwatched tv lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

had an RE2 influenced dream yesterday, some zombies got into a compound and I secured a room with some of my friends inside. I'd be the guy in the movie who survives to the end and then dies horribly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Will I make it 1,641,901? :P

I was confident in my pressure tactics. I knew you would cave in the end muhahaha. :pac:

As far as headphones, it really depends on if you want, wired or wireless. I recently moved to wireless and I am delighted with my decision.

I also wanted a headset that would support my Dolby Atmos app. For those that dont know... this is in my opinion, the only way to play a game. Its just a shame that the list of support games is not very big at the moment, but this list will grow. Atmos sound quality is simply incredible. The App does cost I think €15 once off.

For those that are intested, take a look at this short video:
    https://www.dolby.com/us/en/brands/dolby-atmos.html

I bought the Plantronics RIG 800XL which offer full Dolby Atmos Support. These are incredible headphones for the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/800LX-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-Xbox/dp/B078H1ZGC2/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547627427&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=Plantronics+RIG+800XL

Can't wait to play RE 2 on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I cannot play with headphones I end up getting headaches so I have a full 7.1 surround setup game sounds amazing

• First review sores are in;

This week’s Famitsu review scores are as follows: Resident Evil 2 (PS4/XBO) – 9/9/10/9

giphy.gif

First review sores are in;

This week’s Famitsu review scores are as follows: Resident Evil 2 (PS4/XBO) – 9/9/10/9

Thats great news, this should sell well and we will hopefully see more games like it as it moves back to dark survival horror.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    had an RE2 influenced dream yesterday, some zombies got into a compound and I secured a room with some of my friends inside. I'd be the guy in the movie who survives to the end and then dies horribly

I'd be caught in the shower

Spoilers beware - really cool video about the zombie AI though.

I am not watching that. I really don't want to ruin any of the game.

The Demo was enough for me.

• Average game length has been revealed;
    10 hours for each campaign

Considerably longer than the originals. I've not read the article just sourced the time information so beware of potential spoilers.

https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-2-remake-story-lenght/

• Advertisement

10 hours
    is more than I thought. Very happy with that.

Anyone know when the game will be available to preload?

Advertisement