Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ZiabR wrote: »
    1 million hours is more than I thought. Very happy with that.

Anyone know when the game will be available to preload?

Fred went to the trouble of spoilering the playtime and you type it out straight away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ZiabR you undid all Freds good spoiler work
    Game length never bothers me, generally I'll hit that and be 1/2 way through a game, lost in it or disinterested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Game length is spoiler territory now?

Actually glad to hear how long it is. Too many games these days are too long for what they are. This sounds like the perfect length.

Played the demo last night for the first time. Wasn't following the game much. Now I'm really looking forward to it.

This is where I'd be putting a little chef kiss emoji.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Apologies guys, no idea what I was thinking. Sorry about that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's mad looking up the original and seeing the average play time of one campaign was 6 hours but I never remember thinking that was a short game. That would get slated these days but I'm glad with the 10 hour per campaign for this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's mad looking up the original and seeing the average play time of one campaign was 6 hours but I never remember thinking that was a short game. That would get slated these days but I'm glad with the 10 hour per campaign for this..

To be fair, it did have 4 campaigns. I can't remember what I got down to, but I was able to finish 2 in a single sitting after a while.

That and MGS, used to play them religiously and know them like the back of my hand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Perfect length for a game. Rather that where the game comes to a satisfying conclusion than ticking off radio towers at hour 60.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »

The fact RE titles are highly replayable says alot.

Quality over quantity. And this looks to be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

If I remember correctly you needed to finish it under 3hr 30min for the S rating. That could be why the average is at 6. First playthrough took a lot longer than the next. Not to mention all the infinite ammo guns making it a breeze even on hard.

Rory28 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly you needed to finish it under 3hr 30min for the S rating. That could be why the average is at 6. First playthrough took a lot longer than the next. Not to mention all the infinite ammo guns making it a breeze even on hard.

Most Japanese games in the PS1 and 2 era fell around the 6-12 hour mark. Different time. Nowadays if your game is less than 20 hours you'll have Reddit screaming at you.

• Advertisement

What's the difference in the Deluxe version and the regular? Is it just costumes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What's the difference in the Deluxe version and the regular? Is it just costumes?

Comes with an "Albert version" of the Samurai Edge handgun.

I just preordered. FFS.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

TitianGerm wrote: »

Pros
    Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
    -Leon Costume: 'Noir'
    -Claire Costume: 'Military'
    -Claire Costume: 'Noir'
    -Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
    -Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
    -'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap

Cons
    an extra €10

as per PS store

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Pros

Cons
    an extra €10

as per PS store

I think I'll get it on PC rather than the X. I can get the regular for £30 on CD Keys or the Deluxe from Greenman Gaming for £39.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The RPD uniform is the bomb yo, I'll be getting the standard :)

Also decided to play through Resi 4, its been years and i wanted to refresh my opinion on the game, its a straight up shooter, ive killed more enemies in these first 2 chapters so far than i probably killed in any of the prior resident evils in their entirety :pac:

And oh my god, the controls on PC are atrocious, they made zero effort on the controls in the port. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

nix wrote: »
    The RPD uniform is the bomb yo, I'll be getting the standard :)

Also decided to play through Resi 4, its been years and i wanted to refresh my opinion on the game, its a straight up shooter, ive killed more enemies in these first 2 chapters so far than i probably killed in any of the prior resident evils in their entirety :pac:

And oh my god, the controls on PC are atrocious, they made zero effort on the controls in the port. :(

Check out the Resi4HD Project: http://www.re4hd.com/

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    Pros

Cons
    an extra €10

as per PS store

There is no physical release of this version which is really annoying.
    I'm trying to get a hold of the Steelbook edition but no idea how I approach getting the extra content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

The deluxe dlc will be released as separate add one after release I read somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's the top seller on stream, well deserved they really put some effort into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OK just had a look at some footage with
    Tyrant/Mr. X.

Nope.
    NOPE!

This game isn't for me.

• Advertisement

Was never a fan of speed runs. I remember getting the rocket launcher with infinite ammo in RE1 and an LMG in Nemesis. I'm sure I got something in RE2 and other stuff too but I never enjoyed going for them. The reason I did was to extract sweet revenge on the Zombies but destroying everything easily was never as much fun as I thought it would be,

I'm not overjoyed by the Mr X following and harassing you thing and hopefully it won't be too intrusive. It could be a real drain on health if not ammo.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Old RE games had the habit of becoming very unthreatening due to areas getting cleared and there being no enemies until a transition, such as the old RE1 mansion when you return to it from the plant-fight and it now having Hunters instead of zombies (which you would have mostly killed).

I personally do not like games that have respawns. For me it takes away from the realism. I am all for the Tyrant or the like bashing through walls or hunting you but I would be dead set against having enemies like zombies respawning in areas that make no sense to allow respawns.

• ZiabR wrote: »
    I personally do not like games that have respawns. For me it takes away from the realism. I am all for the Tyrant or the like bashing through walls or hunting you but I would be dead set against having enemies like zombies respawning in areas that make no sense to allow respawns.
    It wouldn't make sense if they just randomly showed up without reason correct, but don't think that's the case here I hope.

I think the thought process is that it's a zombie outbreak in a City.
    They are everywhere and are all funneling towards the Police Station.
    RE2 original had the exact same thought process but in probably a smaller scale.
    The hallways did refill via the windows unless you used the wire to pull down the shutters. If you didn't the zombies crawl back in at random stages.

The idea that Zombies would never show up again defeats the purpose and removes that sense of dread as you start to feel safe.
    That's really not what RE is about. Maybe when it comes to late game you begin to acquire larger amounts of ammo and better weapons but the game should match that by increasing the strength of the monsters / zombies ect...

Ropedrink refers to the mansion return in the original RE as a good example here. As the Hunters show up instead of Zombies.
    Even with the RE Remake on GameCube and the remaster on Xbox 1 / PS4 Mikami introduced the crimson heads. Absolutely brilliant idea.

Also, I've only just finished another replay of Nemesis. The sense of tension is excellent. And RE3 has different paths depending on where you are an who you meet at any given time.

Just some of my thoughts on the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

with everyone's favourite hero, Barry "Beardy Headbutt" McBurton in RE5 Gold Edition.

Rebecca top tier in that game! :pac:

It wouldn't make sense if they just randomly showed up without reason correct, but don't think that's the case here I hope.

I think the thought process is that it's a zombie outbreak in a City.
    They are everywhere and are all funneling towards the Police Station.
    RE2 original had the exact same thought process but in probably a smaller scale.
    The hallways did refill via the windows unless you used the wire to pull down the shutters. If you didn't the zombies crawl back in at random stages.

The idea that Zombies would never show up again defeats the purpose and removes that sense of dread as you start to feel safe.
    That's really not what RE is about. Maybe when it comes to late game you begin to acquire larger amounts of ammo and better weapons but the game should match that by increasing the strength of the monsters / zombies ect...

Ropedrink refers to the mansion return in the original RE as a good example here. As the Hunters show up instead of Zombies.
    Even with the RE Remake on GameCube and the remaster on Xbox 1 / PS4 Mikami introduced the crimson heads. Absolutely brilliant idea.

Also, I've only just finished another replay of Nemesis. The sense of tension is excellent. And RE3 has different paths depending on where you are an who you meet at any given time.

Just some of my thoughts on the series.

In fairness, I can't argue with any of that. I suppose that is what the barricades are for in this game. You can choose to board up certain windows or doors to stop zombies finding their way back in. And as you have mentioned, maybe you get powerful weapons or loads of ammo in late game to help deal with the horde.

from memory barricading the windows was a temporary measure, eventually the zombies broke through again.

I really hope they haven't gotten rid of the unlimited ammo. I really enjoyed those runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

High heel, love it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ink ribbons are grand, they are mostly plentiful and you can just throw them in the inventory box which is usually always beside a typewriter..

It'll be grand :)

Thinking of it, i would have been surprised if they weren't in the game, they have been in all of the survival horror Resi's.

Advertisement