Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah you guard ink ribbons like life's blood continuously re-running sections after dying rather than use them, then near the end you realise you have about 40 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    then near the end you realise you have about 40 of them

But I might need them!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Good to see that the ink ribbon system hasnt been messed with, that process is the bread and butter of the Resident Evil series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm not sure I understand. Do you have to play on hard for the ink ribbon system to be in place or is that for all game modes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand. Do you have to play on hard for the ink ribbon system to be in place or is that for all game modes?

It's how you save your game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

On normal and below, you find a typewriter, click on it and save your game. On hard mode, you need an ink ribbon to use the typewriter just like the original games. It meant you always needed a ribbon on you if you wanted to save, sometimes meant running about and item management just to save the game. I, for one, like that this old school feature isn't being used on normal mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

BeerWolf wrote: »
    It's how you save your game...

Yes like in the original but only on hard difficulty.
    The game will auto save on normal correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    On normal and below, you find a typewriter, click on it and save your game. On hard mode, you need an ink ribbon to use the typewriter just like the original games. It meant you always needed a ribbon on you if you wanted to save, sometimes meant running about and item management just to save the game. I, for one, like that this old school feature isn't being used on normal mode.

In the original game did you not always have to use the ink ribbon to save? On the easier mode you just got more ribbons (3 on easy and 1 on hard for each pick up?).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TitianGerm wrote: »
    In the original game did you not always have to use the ink ribbon to save? On the easier mode you just got more ribbons (3 on easy and 1 on hard for each pick up?).

Yupp, you always had to use it on the originals, no matter the difficulty.

I hope there's an option. I want the ribbons, but I don't want to jump into hard straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rob2D wrote: »
    I hope there's an option. I want the ribbons, but I don't want to jump into hard straight away.

Git Gud

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Git Gud

But I got Gud years ago. I served my time, and now I need rest:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yes like in the original but only on hard difficulty.
    The game will auto save on normal correct?

No, I imagine the Ink Ribbon is in all modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

THIS DAY NEXT WEEEEKK!!!!!! Yessss!!!

Cmon I cannot wait any longer lol

Its the perfect time to release a new game. Ahead of any of the AAA games and when nothing else is really being released. Hope its a massive success for Capcom.

biggebruv wrote: »

Is it Friday midnight or Friday Friday? Depending on response I may book next Friday off. Trying to ease back into life after Christmas is proving difficult.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ZiabR wrote: »
    Its the perfect time to release a new game. Ahead of any of the AAA games and when nothing else is really being released. Hope its a massive success for Capcom.

They've traditionally released resi games in January. Resi 4 was January as was Resi 2. The Jan-Mar period is usually very busy now with a lot of games held back to stay out of the pre Christmas madness and has been for the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Looking forward to this now.

Will pick it up on lunch time next week, try and install it then on lunch and fly back to work and blast through it afterwards. :D

I’m gonna take my sweet ass time with this game I will explore every nook and cranny. Resident evil is what made me into games in the first place I absolutely love these games especially the early raccoon trilogy so this is just a dream come true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ffs, I’m away on a stag in Amsterdam today week! I’ll be gone out of me fecking mind! :D

• Advertisement

Is it Friday midnight or Friday Friday? Depending on response I may book next Friday off. Trying to ease back into life after Christmas is proving difficult.

It’s thursday midnight if you bought digital don’t think shops will be opening midnight for this game that’s usually just for the mega sellers

It’s thursday midnight if you bought digital don’t think shops will be opening midnight for this game that’s usually just for the mega sellers

Super stuff. Question is, should I stay up on Thursday night with work on Friday or not... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Super stuff. Question is, should I stay up on Thursday night with work on Friday or not... :p

Ring in dead on Friday, tell them you're a Zombie now, see how they take it.

>>

<<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I am weighing up the benefits of having a job right now. It is cold and ya know... wet. Probably for the best I hand in my notice on Monday and no show Friday.

I was going to take Friday off but decided this was ridiculous and took the Monday off instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I was going to take Friday off but decided this was ridiculous and took the Monday off instead.

I was having trouble deciding which would be better to take so just took both.

Haha classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Get ready to make a choice

Kind of wish I hadn't watched it now instead of having 10 seconds to make my choice I have seven days
    Claire

I think I've already changed my mind. It's going to be a long week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Kind of wish I hadn't watched it
    Fully expected it.. resi 2 after all :)

Advertisement