Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched a stream of the one shot demo this morning. This is one gorgeous looking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watched that vid to the first choice, chose Claire and then turned it off, Jaysus, like something you'd watch after finishing the game. Have to say though, think I'm gonna go with Claire first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Do you think it will be easier to play as Claire?
    I think that's how it was in the original

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

tuxy wrote: »
    Do you think it will be easier to play as Claire?
    I think that's how it was in the original

Think it was marginal in the originals. I know in RE1 Jill got a lockpick which was handy I think Chris had a lighter, I think the difficulty gap was even less in 2.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Think it was marginal in the originals. I know in RE1 Jill got a lockpick which was handy I think Chris had a lighter, I think the difficulty gap was even less in 2.

Yeah, Jill had lock pick which took place of a key and had 2 more seriously important inventory slots. Chris could take more damage but had to find an extra key and less space to carry. I always went with Jill for those 2 extra slots alone. Aw man, craving for some Resi 1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

In RE1
    Jill is easier because she gets two more inventory spaces and can get the shotgun easier/sooner as Barry just saves her, Chris needs to find the broken shotgun for a switcheroo. Thats about it i think in terms of difficulty differences.

In old RE2,
    from what i recall, Claire and Leon get different weapons. Claire gets a crossbow or something like it, also she gets the grenade launcher. Where Leon doesnt get them but he gets to upgrade his pistol to burst fire and he gets attachments also for the shotgun and i think magnum.

But yeah in both games, female gets lockpick and male gets the zippo

Thats about the only differences i think.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Don't want to watch any cutscenes yet. So you still get to choose? I was hoping they'd make a straightforward campaign this time around.

Oh well, I'll be going with Claire first for sure!

Heh, I do remember getting crushed by the ceiling as Jill wondering wtf Barry was?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Heh, I do remember getting crushed by the ceiling as Jill wondering wtf Barry was?

So.... you were made a Jill Sandwich?

All this talk has made me redownload Resi 1 REmake and finally take on those hunters. Also switched back to the REmake PS4 theme that came with it which is just lovely. Negative points for not having safe room music play though.

EDIT: Turns out I never uploaded my save to the cloud before moving to PS4 pro so have no save file. Well......****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    All this talk has made me redownload Resi 1 REmake and finally take on those hunters. Also switched back to the REmake PS4 theme that came with it which is just lovely. Negative points for not having safe room music play though.

EDIT: Turns out I never uploaded my save to the cloud before moving to PS4 pro so have no save file. Well......****

I watched a walkthrough of RE1 this morning. I wish I was as good as the guy playing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It’s no harm to play Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil HD remake to help understand the whole backstory better. Currently gone back playing Zero at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

madcabbage wrote: »
    It’s no harm to play Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil HD remake to help understand the whole backstory better. Currently gone back playing Zero at the moment.

I started playing zero a few weeks back and it drove me crazy. Dodgy controls and horrible inventory management system annoyed me. I'm going to start one later today though as loved that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't bother with zero. It's a bit meh and adds nothing to the lore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Went into Smyths to pre order and they said preordering was closed ......dickheads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Went into Smyths to pre order and they said preordering was closed ......dickheads

I was going to say do it online but it's now disabled.

I was going to say do it online but it's now disabled.

They always close pre orders the week before release.

It will be 40 pounds in Argos UK so might be between 45 to 50 over here. I never played Zero and always felt like I should but comments like the above put me off. Never played revelations either.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It will be 40 pounds in Argos UK so might be between 45 to 50 over here. I never played Zero and always felt like I should but comments like the above put me off. Never played revelations either.

Zero isn't good. Revelations was a decent "return" to the less actiony gameplay. But not a good game overall. I hated Rev 2.

Id love another Outbreak though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with zero. It's a bit meh and adds nothing to the lore.

Emm, it kinda does actually. Fills in the backstory on certain individuals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

madcabbage wrote: »
    Emm, it kinda does actually. Fills in the backstory on certain individuals.

Does the lore and story really matter though. It's pure daft.

?
    all that matters
    is
    everything you know is wrong
    25 January 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

how many weeks/months to wait so i can pick it up for 30/40 euro. done paying full price for games anymore lol.

how many weeks/months to wait so i can pick it up for 30/40 euro. done paying full price for games anymore lol.

It's £32 from ShopTo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's £32 from ShopTo

Showing as £37.84 for me. Free shipping to UK but not Ireland.
    Is the company based outside the EU? There could be customs charges.

tuxy wrote: »
    Showing as £37.84 for me. Free shipping to UK but not Ireland.
    Is the company based outside the EU? There could be customs charges.

Sorry I was mixing it up with Anthem. Was looking at both on ShopTo the other day. It's a UK company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Can't wait for this. I've completed Resi 1-4 multiple times so the game I'm playing to get me back in Resi mode is RE code veronica, I was loving it as Resi always had the perfect mix of puzzles and action but I've just made a classic RE error. I was about to use one of my many ink ribbons but decided to clear up loose ends and then save the game.. picked up a couple of green herbs outside and into another room and got cornered.. tried to run and got grabbed twice.. and died.. WTF didn't I just same the game 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Aw, Zero's not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just to add to the Chris/Jill comparison, I found when playing through HD with Chris, I was unable to progress near the beginning.
    I picked up everything I found and wasn't able to pick up the first key that was needed to get to the first item box. So had to restart

• Advertisement

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Does the lore and story really matter though. It's pure daft.

I love it

Albert Wesker is a legend, his return in Code Veronica is fairly epic

Advertisement