Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

how many weeks/months to wait so i can pick it up for 30/40 euro. done paying full price for games anymore lol.

The way things go, I would say give it 2 months. I will be picking it up, but not for 60eu.

• It's 50 in Smyths. I'd say Argos will do it cheap enough too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

And €35 is the standard price on PC from the key re-sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

DYKG video on the remake which features some spoilers & a brief look at a few differences from the original RE2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I love it

Albert Wesker is a legend, his return in Code Veronica is fairly epic

Best baddie. Can't believe they did him like that at the end of 5:( He deserved way better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well 5 days left....think its time to go radio silent to prevent any spoilers (yes I know its a remake but they've changed quite a bit so far in the demo)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm getting this on Friday. It will be the first time I will play a Resident Evil game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I need to forget everything modern games have taught me. Run from zombies, conserve ammo and health and understand I'm going to die a lot.

Saw a clip of Mr X chasing Claire, he's freaking fast. Much faster than he should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Went into Smyths to pre order and they said preordering was closed ......dickheads

Just buy digital.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm getting this on Friday. It will be the first time I will play a Resident Evil game.

You are in for a major treat. This is the best RE game in years. Prepare yourself for plenty of jump scares.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I watched a walkthrough of RE1 this morning. I wish I was as good as the guy playing :pac:

Who were you watching? Did you ever finish RE1 yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ZiabR wrote: »
    Who were you watching? Did you ever finish RE1 yourself?

Not sure who it was but I'll check later. Yea I finished it a good few times back on the PS1, I cleared RE2 first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Will shopto guarantee delivery here on Friday I wonder?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will shopto guarantee delivery here on Friday I wonder?

Doubtful, probably someday next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

found this vid good if you need a refresher in the history of the series

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Zero isn't good. Revelations was a decent "return" to the less actiony gameplay. But not a good game overall. I hated Rev 2.

Id love another Outbreak though.

I actually really enjoyed them and were far better than 5 and 6 as they are more in the classic style and wouldn't have minded if 7 had continued in a similar mold but was really surprised and happy when playing it with the changes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First review sores are in;

This week’s Famitsu review scores are as follows: Resident Evil 2 (PS4/XBO) – 9/9/10/9

So it got 37/40

That's one higher than Umbrella Corp which scored 36/40.

Famitsu are so reliable and they definitely didn't admit to money hatting review scores.

https://kotaku.com/do-not-trust-this-magazines-review-scores-5520937

The general consensus is that this remake is very good. It has a very good balance of horror and darkness but has still managed to keep alot of the features that made RE so popular in the first place. We should see more reviews hitting this week and it is expected to score high.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah, I'm just reminding people that Famitsu scores have been hot garbage for the last 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm just reminding people that Famitsu scores have been hot garbage for the last 15 years.

I expect it to review favourably with 8's & 9's.
    Hard to know who to trust these days but many have been caught giving favourable coverage to games for exclusive access or if the developers/publisher are/were well renound based on past reputation....

This was an old favourite of mine although why people would "jizz" on Jeff Gerstmann to agree with him is a mystery :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

• TBF I think fans and the general reception and reaction from the demo is everything fans wanted.

I expect big scores because of the level of quality on show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »

It's kinda like Edge 10/10 scores - some of them are deserved, but IMHO Halo 3, Rock Band 3, Skyward Sword, GTAV & RDR2 aren't worthy of these "perfect" awards.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's kinda like Edge 10/10 scores - some of them are deserved, but IMHO Halo 3, Rock Band 3, Skyward Sword, GTAV & RDR2 aren't worthy of these "perfect" awards.

Well you could make an argument that it was just reviewers caught up in the hype machines when reviewing those games. They've always been ****e reviewers since giving Gunstar Heroes 6/10 in issue 1 (NEVER FORGET!)

Famitsu on the other hand have basically said, we are an industry magazine paid to promote the industry and that's what we do. So if that involves giving favourable coverage when paid and going so far as to have our editor appear in adverts for a product then we will do it.

To give Famitsu credit they don't hide the fact that they are total shills and admit it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Demo was excellent. Roll on Friday!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What outlets are trustworthy then?

J. Marston wrote: »
    What outlets are trustworthy then?

Pretty sure most are. It's more there's a lot of reviewers I think are terrible and don't agree with their opinions. But I'm pretty sure the opinions they give are genuine.

Then there's famitsu who admit they take money for positive coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Book coming out chronicling the Resi franchise. Writer has released an excerpt about Resi 2 to celebrate the launch.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/21/18187446/resident-evil-2-history-capcom-hideki-kamiya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Book coming out chronicling the Resi franchise. Writer has released an excerpt about Resi 2 to celebrate the launch.

That's cvxfreak. Any old RE heads will recognise him. He got his start writing guides on GameFaqs back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I personally would take the vast majority of review scores by the big media outlets with a pinch of salt. The relationship between game devs and journos seems to be totally incestuous.

IGN are the worst for me. Although to be fair I did see them hand out some scores below 6/10 last year. Before that it seemed that 7 was the lowest score you could get there.

I like Jim Sterling and Yahtzee's (video) reviews, although they both tend to err more on the side of negativity than most others.

That being said, I do have high hopes for the game, the demo was great. I remember playing the demo for resi 6 and wondering what the hell I had just played.

• Advertisement

• Rob2D wrote: »
    Best baddie. Can't believe they did him like that at the end of 5:( He deserved way better.

I do think that the portrayal of Wesker in RE 5 is also brilliant.

Melodramtic physcopath

He's a brilliant villain and his hate for Chris is unreal

Advertisement