Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I do think that the portrayal of Wesker in RE 5 is also brilliant.

Melodramtic physcopath

He's a brilliant villain and his hate for Chris is unreal

I enjoyed D.C. Douglas' take on the character. It's just a bit tragic that they just turned him into yet another mad, tentacle villain.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

J. Marston wrote: »
    What outlets are trustworthy then?

Later today we will get the review from Metacritic. It is due at 8pm PST.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-2?ref=hp

Keep an eye out for Eurogamers review aswell but I think they are in love with the game so it will likely score very high here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I must check out when ACG will have his review up. He is pretty much the only one I check reviews with these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

So reviews will be out here around 4pm is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

biggebruv wrote: »
    So reviews will be out here around 4pm is that right?

Yupp, 8am PST, 4pm GMT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

tony1980 wrote: »
    I must check out when ACG will have his review up. He is pretty much the only one I check reviews with these days.

He's probably the best reviewer that I've come across. That said, the demo was my main reason for purchasing the game.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I personally would take the vast majority of review scores by the big media outlets with a pinch of salt. The relationship between game devs and journos seems to be totally incestuous.

Same can be said about Streaming Reviewers such as that on YouTube. Too many of them, the high profile ones with hundreds of thousands to millions of subs, are sellout influencers.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Same can be said about Streaming Reviewers such as that on YouTube. Too many of them, the high profile ones with hundreds of thousands to millions of subs, are sellout influencers.

Very true, I tend to watch a game on twitch the day it releases IF I am on the fence. I don't listen to what the player is talking about, I just use their game play to judge if a game is for me or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm buying it because I loved the original. The demo just showed how much I'm actually looking forward to it.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm buying it because I loved the original. The demo just showed how much I'm actually looking forward to it.

Completely agree. I am buying it for the same reasons. Really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ghost Survivors coming for free post launch.
    Just announced on Capcom's Resident Evil 2 Launch Event Stream. Ghost Survivors is a free content update for REmake 2 that will be hitting post-launch, no date yet, but it's a new game mode where you can play as multiple characters, it'll be a mode with randomized elements, an in-game shop (not micro transactions, earn points in-game by performing well), and should be very replayable they say. Hints it might be like a randomizor/rogue mode, but no 100% at this time. Confirm that Robert Kendo, a USS Member and Katherine (mayor's daughter) are playable in it, surprisingly the characters from the main game not confirmed playable at this time (but say more characters to be revealed).

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The hype train for this is about to leave the station and I've got my bags packed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    The hype train for this is about to leave the station and I've got my bags packed. :pac:

giphy.gif

40 minutes until the first reviews hit...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

IGN gave it an 8.8 but the reviewer was pissed that Scenario B was hidden.....

Thats so dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Vicxas wrote: »
    IGN gave it an 8.8 but the reviewer was pissed that Scenario B was hidden.....

Thats so dumb.

Hidden in what way?

nix wrote: »
    Hidden in what way?

If its a spoiler please use the tags :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

nix wrote: »
    Hidden in what way?

You had to finish the game in the original so in that sense it was hidden behind your first playthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rory28 wrote: »

You had to finish the game in the original so in that sense it was hidden behind your first playthrough

This,

And he claimed he played the original back in the day....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Vicxas wrote: »
    This,

And he claimed he played the original back in the day....

Thats the youth of the day eh? no patience.

shakes fist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Wouldnt call that hidden though, unlocked would be the phrase and its how it should be progression wise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It’s like being a child at Christmas waiting for this game to come out. I’ve been waiting for years for this to happen, can’t believe the time is nearly here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm getting triggered by the fact I can't pre-download my pre-order before midnight Thursday. I don't know why 'cos I won't be playing it until Friday night. Why do videogames make me so irrational?

• Critics love it....

Jesus the hype lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

ZiabR wrote: »

Oh God I cannot freakin wait!

I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple of hours while I watched cos I was terrified :D And so many replays. The remake demo was right on the money.

I hope to god the gattling gun is back in this as a special :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Presume they'll do RE3 with the success this looks like it's going to be.

Advertisement