Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have this recurring dream where I'm in a shop trying to buy a videogame and none of the titles make sense. party babyz would fit right in. What on earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Just got my key. Let the pre-loads begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I’m confused by the ign review so they are saying this game does do the a/b scenarios with both characters afterall is that right?

Because I thought it was 2 separate campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

biggebruv wrote: »
    I’m confused by the ign review so they are saying this game does do the a/b scenarios with both characters afterall is that right?

Because I thought it was 2 separate campaigns
    The first campaign with either character is largely thge same. After you finish the first campaign you get a B scenario with the opposite character. I believe both runs are pretty much the same for both characters though.

I heard the second run is with the first character but it's simply a more difficult play through of the same thing. None of it made sense and just added to my general angst

• Advertisement

This is upsetting news. I was hoping they were going to unify the story. I don't understand why they would keep it split???

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That .2 makes a big difference.

Also:

471092.jpg

Probably the most embarrassing IGN review ever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Polygon model DLC incoming

https://gfycat.com/artisticchiefcrayfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

between that and the classic save room music.... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How hard is it to get an S RANK?

• Advertisement

How hard is it to get an S RANK?

I did it back in the day so y'all should be good. It can be very frustrating I missed a few runs by a matter of minutes and you're left contemplating the meaning of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I did it back in the day so y'all should be good. It can be very frustrating I missed a few runs by a matter of minutes and you're left contemplating the meaning of life.
    That sums it up :D

Edit: I remember controllers used to be much more robust back then...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Pretty sure thats how the original was done also,
    Leon A and Claire A are the same, and Leon B and Claire B are the same but different from the A play through..

And Ada Wong is in Leon's play through's and Claire gets Sherry.

It was never a case of having to play all 4 variants to get all of the story, it was a case of playing an A and B to get it all.

At least to my recollection.

• gimli2112 wrote: »

This post gives me a dose of the Banderes reaction

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gimli2112 wrote: »

Like what do you have to do to achieve it? not die? limited amount of saves?

Like what do you have to do to achieve it? not die? limited amount of saves?

Time was the big thing it had a limited number of saves too and you couldn't use a health spray but the save/health thing was ok by that stage, you'd be well used to running it. The problem would be you'd be on a certain point of the map and suddenly think "I shouldn't be here" or " I left the fkn key back in the safe room"

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Back in the day (if my ancient memory serves me well) it was determined by how fast you completed it and how many saves you used.

Also first aid spray usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Got the email telling me the game has been despatched and is on it way to me, prob won't get it by Friday though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

nix wrote: »
    Pretty sure thats how the original was done also,
    Leon A and Claire A are the same, and Leon B and Claire B are the same but different from the A play through..

And Ada Wong is in Leon's play through's and Claire gets Sherry.

It was never a case of having to play all 4 variants to get all of the story, it was a case of playing an A and B to get it all.

At least to my recollection.

Yeah you're about spot on. The both Leon A and Claire A games differed very little from each other, and the same for B. Even the A and B scenarios were pretty similar but in that case there was enough different to make it feel special.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Spoiler-ish question...
    If I remember correctly, the T-00 only appeared in the B scenarios...

Does anyone know if that's the case this time round, or is he in all of them/just Claire's?

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Spoiler-ish question...
    If I remember correctly, the T-00 only appeared in the B scenarios...

Does anyone know if that's the case this time round, or is he in all of them/just Claire's?

shows up around a 1/3 of the way through and then constantly harasses you throughout afaik

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I kind of preferred the whole Birkin in one scenario, Mr. X in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So many spoiler alerts for a 21 year old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Vicxas wrote: »

Gonna be alot of people playing this new game that werent even alive when the original was released, tis the right thing to do ;)

People are ridiculous these days with them.

The spoiler statute of limitations is well up on this game as well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

True but loads of teens will be playing the remake :)

Who's the grumpy looking dude wearing the hat and trench coat :)?

Yore ma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yore ma

Mrs Sephiroth_dudette is a national treasure!

Yore ma

I was asking because I thought it was yore ma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yore ma
    I was asking because I thought it was yore ma

Nice to see you're both getting into the spirit by using jokes from 21 years ago

Advertisement