Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was asking because I thought it was yore ma

Burn
    Penn wrote: »
    Nice to see you're both getting into the spirit by using jokes from 21 years ago

471126.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tuxy wrote: »
    True but loads of teens will be playing the remake :)

Go away will you... Teenagers are to wrapped up in their Fortnite and YouChat and SnapBook and FaceTube. Between those, flossing and drinking avacado soy lattes they haven't time for a zombie game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Some people on Twitch are streaming it, Capcom wont be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Vicxas wrote: »
    Some people on Twitch are streaming it, Capcom wont be happy with that.

I doubt they will care now that the embargo is up, there's load of new gameplay on YouTube also

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ASOT wrote: »
    I doubt they will care now that the embargo is up, there's load of new gameplay on YouTube also

Huh, thought the embargo was until Friday.

• Advertisement

My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)

• Digital Peasants :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I would love a mode where you could be Mr X and invade people's worlds like dark souls to interrupt their playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Lads I have a pair of turtle beach I hardly ever use on my xbox one. Want to utilise them for this, played demo on Microsoft sonic and thought it was excellent. Trying to figure out should I take the plunge with dolby atmos for this.

Any opinions?

recyclops wrote: »
    Lads I have a pair of turtle beach I hardly ever use on my xbox one. Want to utilise them for this, played demo on Microsoft sonic and thought it was excellent. Trying to figure out should I take the plunge with dolby atmos for this.

Any opinions?

There's a demo available for atmos. Give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ahh yes a 30 day trial. That'll suit for the game cheers.

I wonder would Supervalu be doing this for a few quid cheaper like they did with RDR2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Broke my do not pre-order rule just to have it pre-loaded. I'm one of the sheep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's the best feature of going digital, knowing you'll have the game on the date of release. it should be such a small thing but it isn't. mines pre-loading away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I wonder would Supervalu be doing this for a few quid cheaper like they did with RDR2?

Was thinking that myself.

If not, where would be the cheapest place to buy it? Digital or hard copy..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Broke my do not pre-order rule just to have it pre-loaded. I'm one of the sheep :(

You suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's the best feature of going digital, knowing you'll have the game on the date of release. it should be such a small thing but it isn't. mines pre-loading away

Exactly. Everything I have bought in the last 5 years has been digital.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Think of it like a nightclub. You know it's a terrible idea but you have to do it every so often to remember why.

Although this looks like the opposite in that it'll be an excellent game though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Splashed out on an ssd due to blue screen error codes during gta5 and Detroit.. didn't want to have to put up with them during Resi...

Didn't copy over any save files incase one of them was the issue.. downloaded a demo of Rocket League.. and BANG!

Blue screen error code.

There's only so many times you can rebuild a database :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself.

If not, where would be the cheapest place to buy it? Digital or hard copy..

If its not in Super Value, Smyths will have it for €50, a few of us pre-ordered it for €45 with Smyths if you collect in-store.

Still, €50 is pretty good value, you might be able to get it on The Game Collection for a similar price but factoring in the shipping time and cost, it might not be worth the wait if you want to play it the weekend its released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Preloaded and ready to go for tomorrow after work YESSSS!!!

Tomorrow evening I hope it buckets down rain to go with the game that would be cool haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

TitianGerm wrote: »
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)

Were you waiting long for the code?

Peatys wrote: »
    Splashed out on an ssd due to blue screen error codes during gta5 and Detroit.. didn't want to have to put up with them during Resi...

Didn't copy over any save files incase one of them was the issue.. downloaded a demo of Rocket League.. and BANG!

Blue screen error code.

There's only so many times you can rebuild a database :(

Sony just have the best software :D

tony1980 wrote: »
    Were you waiting long for the code?

Ordered the other day but I'd say they only got the keys yesterday. If you order now you'll probably get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Ordered the other day but I'd say they only got the keys yesterday. If you order now you'll probably get it today.

Nice one! I ordered last night so hopefully I get it by this afternoon so I can start the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Steelbook has been shipped, shame it will be Saturday till I get it.

ZiabR wrote: »
    So it seems that all of the bashing IGN got for their review has forced them to redo the review.

The reviewer criticised elements from the first RE 2 game and complained that things were locked behind the play-through. IGN pulled the review and amended it and reposted it this morning.

Yesterday IGN scored the game 8.8/10 and today the review is changed and the score is 9/10 and classed as amazing.

Pathetic

Where are PC folk buying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone playing it yet? It is all over Twitch with 50000 viewers watching multiple stream. I have not watched any but I wonder if we can do anything with the time zones or region to get access today?

• Advertisement

Where are PC folk buying this?

Got mine from Fanatical. €47. I always try use them for my games.

Advertisement