Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    You won’t be getting it I’d imagine. They seem to be taking money off people even though they don’t have the codes to sell.

I just wished they’d send me the email asking if I wanted a refund or not.

My one & only time using them to buy a digital download.

I've never had an issue with them before, tbh never pre ordered a game from them since the witcher 3 so I has no reason to believe them won't send them

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

recyclops wrote: »
    I've never had an issue with them before, tbh never pre ordered a game from them since the witcher 3 so I has no reason to believe them won't send them

You'll get it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Playing on PC and the textures don't seem very sharp when maxxed out, but the texture's in cutscenes seems spot on. Anyone else seeing this, or am i just ****ing mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I just 5 mins ago ordered the deluxe edition there on cdkeys and got the email with a down load link and a key for steam which is downloading now.
    Ordered many a game from them and only 1 time were they a little slow with it (MGS5). It's always been pretty much instant for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Finished the demo there. Left it to the latest moment to play as I knew I'd be annoyed at the demo time limit, even though I finished it after 24 minutes. Kinda made me want a Silent Hill remake even if it'll never happen. Was surprised how plentiful the ammo was but I was actively searching for items & it's early in the game. Found the pouch, herbs, tons of ammo & 2 of the 3 statue puzzles.
    Might get it tomorrow if I've time but got a almighty backlog so I'm not stressing over getting it day one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The most I've spent on a game in the last 10 years or so was final fantasy 13 when it came out at €50. I've been reading this thread over the last number of weeks, slowly but surely getting sucked in. I loved the original and played it to death but my plan was to wait a few months and pick it up for €30. That didn't happen. €70 for the deluxe digital version as it has a couple of fancy uniforms and a gun. :confused: I'm some dipstick. And ye, YE, bunch a bastards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pre-ordered the game to preload it so that I might get an hour in tonight.

Current steam eta for downloading and unpacking the remainder of the game: More than 1 year...

Nice one steam

Unpacking is glitched on steam for me :confused:

471214.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

here i gooooooo ahhhhhhhhh i feel giddy the last time i played this i was doing my junior cert or some ****....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Unpacking is glitched on steam for me :confused:

Same here!

C'mon STEAM. The more I have to wait, the more a sleepy boi I'll be at work tomorrow :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

alrite was playing on hard for a while died restarted right back at the very beginning of the game :( of to bed now haha looks amazing. scared the crap out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I caved, couldnt help myself, RE2 is prob my fav survival horror from back in the day, and its too good of a price to pass up on release, got it for €36 :)

I wont jump into it until tomorrow though, will be another while to download.

Now just to decide, joypad or keyboard and mouse? Anybody play the demo with K/B and mouse? Aiming/controls smooth or RE4 disaster of clunkyness? :(

My overclock crashed, think my cooler is clogged.

Either that or it's my PC's way of telling me to go to bed!

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Meanwhile mine is going to take 10minutes. I had just bought MHW yesterday (god knows why) so I was stuck grinding in that and didn't realize RE2 was out now. I'll likely hold off on temptation and go to sleep once it's finished and then spend tomorrow getting started with it. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason yall had a dodgy download speed was because everyone and their mother was trying to download it simultaneously :pac:

Well it was unpacking so it was the write speed rather than download speed. I've never seen that happen.

Managed to get those 3 medalions. Time to call it a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just put it on before work to play the intro
    I hate cutscenes
    The cutscenes are fantastic
    Played the intro twice just to save two bullets
    I'm in the police station now wondering should I go into work irl
    It strikes me I could learn valuable lessons here in the event of a real zombie apocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Woke up and cd keys came good. Now to download during work. Thankfully Mrs recyclops is goin to family ovenight this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

5 weeks since payday. Had just enough in account to cover game which I've sacrificed to keep there. Just checked to see if they've taken payment and poxy government decided to take their stamp duty today of all days. I hope they'll give me time (Smyths) to get remaining funds credited after initial payment is rejected. FML.

Got 24 hours to re enter card details which I've just done as payday today so my day off work is not in vain. Nice one. Cannot wait to play this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is 45 in Argos and can be reserved now for collection today/tomorrow.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »

Same as. Argos great few new releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Got my key, downloading now :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

resi2 wrote:
    To get the secret film you must enter the S.T.A.R.S office and walk over to Wesker's desk. Keep searching until the 50th time and you will get a roll of film. When you take it to the dark room and develop it you will notice that it is a picture of Rebecca Chambers from the Bravo Team.

Better still be here :)

Runs great on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zero-Cool wrote: »

just tomorrow for me in Dublin city centre stores

Runs great on PC.

What settings you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Working all weekend so ill need to grab this next week, I hate you guys right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hopefully Fred The Red Jr lets me get a few hours of game time in tomorrow.....this requires sleep planning / sleep deprivation

Here is hoping the my daughter goes to bed early tonight! Looking forward to getting stuck into this game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It was at this point gimli2112 regretted taking Monday off instead of Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

gimli2112 wrote: »

Haha, I know the feeling :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »

Can you ring in dead? Just make zombie noises down the phone :pac:

Advertisement