Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

Streaming this for craic https://www.twitch.tv/neeel23

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My 1070 was a bit chuggy in the demo maxed out at 1440p, won't be able to handle the ultra wide resolution I'd say. Hope the final game and new drivers means it runs better.

Gah,

I have a 1070 and was wondering whether to get the PC version or the Pro version, it ran really well on the Pro in the demo....

And 45 for the disc, hmm

To be fair I had RE 1 remaster thing on PC and PS4 and couldn't really tell any difference in my old age.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Fieldog wrote: »
    Gah,

I have a 1070 and was wondering whether to get the PC version or the Pro version, it ran really well on the Pro in the demo....

And 45 for the disc, hmm

To be fair I had RE 1 remaster thing on PC and PS4 and couldn't really tell any difference in my old age.... :)

Looking back I bought every incarnation of resi 1, 2 ,3 and 4. Had them on every platform at one time or another. Hell I even had Resi 1 on the either the DS or Gameboy advance. Cant remember.

I have no doubt I will do the same with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Streaming this for craic https://www.twitch.tv/neeel23

I clicked this in curiosity and found out my company has blocked access. Somewhere, many thousands of miles away there's a little light blinking in HQ with my name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I clicked this in curiosity and found out my company has blocked access. Somewhere, many thousands of miles away there's a little light blinking in HQ with my name on it.

Look on the bright side, least when you're unemployed you can play this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

gimli2112 wrote: »

Unless you work for Umbrella you'll be fine. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Played up until end of demo part as Claire. Loved the intro. Played with headphones as well, the sound is brilliant in it. Really like the current soundtrack as well, much more noticeable with the headphones. Absolutely loving the game, could easily play this through in one setting if I had enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I didnt look up anything on this game, save for the reveal trailer, and never played the demo. **** me its intense, ran into my first Licker, **** me, they hit like a truck and took nearly almost all my ammo to bring down, needless to say i reloaded the game and just ran passed the lil bastard :pac:

I was gonna play hardcore, but a mate said all enemies take a crazy amount of ammo to kill, you would have to run passed most. As much as i like difficulty in my games, the idea of hardly shooting my gun isnt appealing to me so i went Standard. Kinda glad i did, ****ers still take a lot to bring down :eek:

So i just pretend im using an ink ribbon when i use the typewriter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nix wrote: »
    I didnt look up anything on this game, save for the reveal trailer, and never played the demo. **** me its intense, ran into my first Licker, **** me, they hit like a truck and took nearly almost all my ammo to bring down, needless to say i reloaded the game and just ran passed the lil bastard :pac:

I was gonna play hardcore, but a mate said all enemies take a crazy amount of ammo to kill, you would have to run passed most. As much as i like difficulty in my games, the idea of hardly shooting my gun isnt appealing to me so i went Standard. Kinda glad i did, ****ers still take a lot to bring down :eek:

So i just pretend im using an ink ribbon when i use the typewriter :pac:

Lickers only attack if you make noise I think. In the original game they were always in narrow corridors though so was very hard to get by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got the Pro version, Argos won my fundage today... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Played up until end of demo part as Claire. Loved the intro. Played with headphones as well, the sound is brilliant in it. Really like the current soundtrack as well, much more noticeable with the headphones. Absolutely loving the game, could easily play this through in one setting if I had enough time.

Yeah I'm playing PC, so using headphones too, the sound is great, although soundtrack wise, i missed the old resi score when i walking into the RPD.

I'm also like the below every new corridor i walk into that i can see/hear zombies :pac:

loaded-weapon-samuel-l-jackson-gun-shaking-lethal-weapon-14289283996.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Got a fine Resident Evil mug with my game today. I'll probably fill it with vodka to calm my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Loaded it at lunch and got through the trailer and Leons first few minutes, cant wait to get stuck into it now.

• Zombie design is incredibly well done.

The work that went into how the react, look, the noises they make and the gore!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Picked it up today, usually wait until Saturday/Sunday for gaming but might have a go tonight!

Zombie design is incredibly well done.

Yupp, really adds to the terror when your headshot rips their jaw off and they just turn their head back to you to keep moving. The zombies in this feel like what I imagine zombies will actually be like when the plague hits.

Felt like fecking Einstein when I unlocked Leon's desk :pac:

I love how this looks and plays like a current gen game but feels proper old school at the same time.

Zombie design is incredibly well done.

I was blown away in the demo when you inspected the dead cop. The details were brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Preloaded it on my PS4 expecting to play it come release at midnight, game was corrupted...

F
    M
    L
    !

Would be nice if the damn thing verified the game was thoroughly sound upon download prior to release... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Preloaded it on my PS4 expecting to play it come release at midnight, game was corrupted...

F
    M
    L
    !

Would be nice if the damn thing verified the game was thoroughly sound upon download prior to release... :mad:

how does that work? are you saying you got it digitally and it is corrupted? if so do you just redownload? annoying but hopefully fixable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads quick question the kendo gun shop did I miss it before the police station

• Advertisement

Lads quick question the kendo gun shop did I miss it before the police station

I thought the same
    started as Claire, 2 minutes later I'm at RPD., I think they took out Kendo :(

I posted ages back that I really hope it's still there. Anyone know of its in route B or if Leon goes there?

EDIT
    actually, looks like he's in, they just moved him to later in the game, also you can play as Kendo himself in the Ghosts DLC that's releasing soon. Happy again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seriously impressed with this so far. Performance seems fine to me, obviously I've a 1080ti but no problems at around 110fps at 1440p maxed out (apart from cutscenes), so I can only assume a 1070 would still do >60fps effortlessly, or that even something like a 1060 6GB or RX580 8GB should tackle it at around 50-60 close to maxed out at 1440 and it would still definitely would look a lot better than the consoles. Seems grand on the 1X and PS4 Pro, but the framerate is all over the shop on the base consoles.

Amazing remake though, great atmosphere and so much attention to detail. It actually came free with an RX580 I bought a while back.

Seriously impressed with this so far. Performance seems fine to me, obviously I've a 1080ti but no problems at around 110fps at 1440p maxed out (apart from cutscenes), so I can only assume a 1070 would still do >60fps effortlessly, or that even something like a 1060 6GB or RX580 8GB should tackle it at around 50-60 close to maxed out at 1440 and it would still definitely would look a lot better than the consoles. Seems grand on the 1X and PS4 Pro, but the framerate is all over the shop on the base consoles.

Amazing remake though, great atmosphere and so much attention to detail. It actually came free with an RX580 I bought a while back.

How do you see the FPS your getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Played about an hour and absolutely loving it. I've waited so many years for a return to survival horror of old. Was always my favourite genre and this game makes me remember why. Almost crapped myself twice. Oozing with atmosphere. The zombies are class looking and sounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

TitianGerm wrote: »

geforce experiance has an option to add frame rate in the overlay
    or you can use msi after burner with riva tuner to have a frame rate overlay.

There's also an option in Steam to display it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

TitianGerm wrote: »

I've always used FRAPS. Simple, straight forward and easy to read though it's pretty poor for recording video and the like.

I literally just use it as an FPS counter, nothing else. Hasn't been updated since 2013, still works fine, but they're working on a new version.

Saw an open window, said I won't use either of my 2 planks (I'm an awful hoarder), 2 zombies came in and wrecked me. I love how dangerous Z's are in this.

Nice touch how the lights on the ds4 controller change depending on your health colour.

Anyone else's PS4 Pro sound like a jet engine playing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gonna try starting on hardcore. Going to be a bad idea because I'm a jumpy mess at the best of times on normal during these games anyway.

Advertisement