Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gonna try starting on hardcore. Going to be a bad idea because I'm a jumpy mess at the best of times on normal during these games anyway.

Don't do it man, I'm on standard, only over an hour in and I've resorted running room to room :)

Also Lickers, stand still they said, don't make noise they said, be grand they said..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

OMG the best thing ever happened to me earlier on. Was in the office with Leon's desk and the cop zombie outside banged up against the glass door but couldn't get in because he only had one arm. So I was like, ha idiot and kept on admiring the glass/lighting effects on the door (very impressive). Was looking at the zombie through the glass up close for a while then had to check a message on my phone; now bare in mind I've been standing in front of this door for a good while now. Message replied to, I started shining my light around playing with reflections on the glass when I suddenly hear this creak......and BAM the door gives way under the zombie weight and he's on top of me immediately.

Lads......I nearly died in the chair. I even let out an involuntary "aghhh". Good thing nobody was around to hear me. But I can't believe they went into so much detail as to program body weight pressed up against doors, that's crazy. And that took like 5mins+ to happen. What are the odds of most people even seeing that? They've really spared no expense here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers lads. Got it on there now. Getting around 80 FPS with everything set to High/Max at 1080p on my 1060. I'm surprised it's running so well at that actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Omfg Mr X is an absolute bastard haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ITS SO PWETTY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Don't do it man, I'm on standard, only over an hour in and I've resorted running room to room :)

Also Lickers, stand still they said, don't make noise they said, be grand they said..... :(

Yeah I abandoned that fairly quick. 6-7 headshots to put down the first zombie.

• The sound, dear god the sound

Absolute freak fest with headphones using Dolby Atmos, the jump scares are happening but it seems completely random most of the times. ****ing zombies are so unpredictable from room to room

The amount of effort and detail that has gone into this. Absolutely Genius from Capcom

I'm about 2 hours in. Taking my time savouring every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Has anyone else noticed cut scenes being cut or seems that way. I had one earlier and it literally changed to a diff scene for no reason, I didnt hit X to skip

It could just be my digi download. Hope nky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Had to peel myself away from the game there, pretty sure im in the final stretch with Claire. And yeah
    Mr X
    is an absolute bollocks, especially when
    you start running into lickers while hes T-1000 chasing your ass.

I cant remember which point it was, but for the first time ever i let out a "Ahhhh fuck" in complete fright. :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

wow 20 years since I played this but I remember a lot of it but I'm in the lower level and have zero memory of this part
    I just keep thinking to myself if I had seen graphics this good back then I would have pissed myself!
    I'm actually surprised how well I am doing with the inventory management as that is on of my biggest pet peeves in games and one of the first things I mod out of RPG's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

The game is absolutely stunning I can’t think of any negatives so far it’s done what it set out to amazingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hate you guys, im stuck here in work and cant play it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I want to play now but I think it’s best played for the first time at least around evening once it gets dark

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd no idea how badly I missed old school Resi.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Game is terrifying. Modern gaming has caused to just blast things away so I'm low on ammo constantly. Need get back into old school way of conservation. Walked into
    Kennels, heard the dogs which always terrify me. That's a nope and back out the door.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I hate you guys, im stuck here in work

Same here, but I just had a really good tea break :pac:

ZVno2qql.jpg

Rob2D wrote: »
    Same here, but I just had a really good tea break :pac:

ZVno2qql.jpg

Is that beans and spaghetti in the one bowl :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

"Dying" to play this loved the original. Seems to be a proper remaster too

jones wrote: »
    "Dying" to play this loved the original. Seems to be a proper remaster too

It's really really good. If this is successful I'd hope they might consider redoing One and Nemises. And Dino Crisis!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's really really good. If this is successful I'd hope they might consider redoing One and Nemises. And Dino Crisis!!

I'm probably going to buy all the microtransactions just to raise the odds of this happening

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

One already had a remake. Not that I'd object but I'd say Nemesis is next.

Never played Dino Crisis.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Dino Crisis was fantastic. My memory is hazy but I think it awarded you points as you killed dinos which you could use to upgrade stuff.
    It never had the same memorable characters as Resi but it had Dinosaurs!

One already had a remake. Not that I'd object but I'd say Nemesis is next.

Never played Dino Crisis.

RE wasn't a real remake though. Imagine if they gave it the same treatment they've given 2!!

RE wasn't a real remake though. Imagine if they gave it the same treatment they've given 2!!

Of course it was. It was a complete overhaul with added features and plot elements.

I think he means moving from fixed camera, updated graphics et al

Is that beans and spaghetti in the one bowl :eek:

Spicy beef ramen ;)
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think he means moving from fixed camera, updated graphics et al

The REmake they did already (and remastered) is perfectly fine and shouldn't be touched IMO. It will stand the test of time.

You left out code veronica!! :mad:

:pac:

nix wrote: »
    You left out code veronica!! :mad:

:pac:

I didn't play that one but my brother did have it.

I didn't play that one but my brother did have it.

It was great back in the day, hasnt aged so well as far as dialogue goes, you can say that about them all though..

I'm hoping they do Nemesis next, thats the one thats the least freshest in my head :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

As someone who still enjoyed a lot of what Operation Raccoon City and Resident Evil 5/6 had to offer, it's only when you play a top notch remake like this that you really start to get a new appreciation for just how badly the franchise lost its way, beginning with Resi5.

As for next....I'd love to see a Nemesis Remake too, but Resi2 was the far better game I think, Nemesis always felt like a side adventure. A Dino Crisis remaster would be cool though not sure if the same appetite for it exists as for Resident Evil.

Good things happening for the franchise lately. Netflix working on a new TV show as well, first two movies were good in a cheesy, guilty pleasure sense but they turned into utter garbage, The Final Chapter was so utterly unspeakably bad it left me angry for weeks, if not months.

Advertisement