Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The big 3 are 1, 2 and 3 imo but I' love them to re-jig the controls and update 4 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Dino Crisis was fantastic. My memory is hazy but I think it awarded you points as you killed dinos which you could use to upgrade stuff.
    It never had the same memorable characters as Resi but it had Dinosaurs!

That was 2. Dino crisis 1 was out and out resi between hardly any ammo, insane dialogue and tough puzzles. I found it harder than resi back in the day.

I am loving this just down the sewer now. As soon as I saw that burger with the trucker I knew I had to get one for lunch today. It looks so meaty and greasy haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i cant play this game to long cause it freaks me out so bad :o Im a bit lost at the moment seem to be running around trying not to die to the stompy noises...
    Now picture this code veronica remake pew pew.

it's amazing how stupid you can be. running around a room with three or four zombies and see a chair wedged up against a door, for whatever reason I thought it would be a good idea to remove said chair. Now I'm running around a room with 6 or 7 zombies in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea i just knee cap every thing now seems quicker than trying to head shot stuff then pop their arms of and they just twiddle about on the floor and then i yell at the screen who's the monster resident evil !! who's the monster now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I love zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

it's amazing how stupid you can be. running around a room with three or four zombies and see a chair wedged up against a door, for whatever reason I thought it would be a good idea to remove said chair. Now I'm running around a room with 6 or 7 zombies in it.

**** that bit, I did the same thing, didn't think a guy would come spilling in on top of me. I like to think I'd do great in the zombie apocalypse but this game is proving otherwise.

Also, I was not Whitefield that zombie to throw himself across the table instead of walking around it. Fair play Capcom.

So Rope, is it giving you the route B option for Clair or Leon now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

the franchise lost its way, beginning with Resi5. Resi4.

Fixed :P

Had a busy start to the day, time to jump back in and finish the A play through, woo! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really enjoyed this so far!!

Ive just arrived back to police station now with Aida still to be saved probably wont get a chance to play again till tomorrow night now as if i take the telly over a second night in a row ill have to listen to **** worse then any zombie!! :pac:

I went back and played zero the remake of one two three and Code Veronica last year. Started again on four but never got round to finishing it.

The difference in this to the original version is mad! You notice places and think wait i know this from somewhere! You know you played it all before many times but it just feels different!

Its like playing a classic again yet its been redone in a way that makes it seem fresh and new to the point your not thinking ahh i know what happens next more like **** WHATS BEHIND THAT DOOR!!

I have noticed one or two graphical issues on the pro but nothing that draws you out or takes away from the game.

The audio is also amazing on this i noticed when i was switching off tv last night that my two front speakers had moved slightly on the glass stand :pac:

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Started Leon B - aye, better this way with Claire's A in mind seeing as the routes are different and you get a more 'why they were separate all the time' feeling. Also have original soundtrack on for this run - hearing that old save-room music, ahhh memories... And then those memories got shattered by Mr.X popping in to say hello :D

Loving this - zombies breaking in everywhere and having to put your survival skills to the test (walking past lickers, avoiding zombies unless necessary, strict inventory issues due to more ammo etc etc).

How do you get the classic soundtrack to play instead?

nix wrote: »
    How do you get the classic soundtrack to play instead?

pretty sure you buy it, it's cheap

pretty sure you buy it, it's cheap

Ugh, out of principal i shan't reward stingyness :mad:

I'll stick to the wailing of crippled zombies instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is it worth playing the res evil 1 hd remaster before this? ive never really played the res evil series and am looking to start

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is going to be very hard to beat as my game of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

You can safely play either/or, but from a story and familiarity perspective, you'd do well to check the original to see how it all began and then dive into the sequel. RE1-R is also a really, really good remake (and dare I say it's infinitely scarier than RE2), the only difference being that RE1-R has the old-school tank controls and pre-rendered backgrounds vs RE2-R's fully 3D handling. RE1-R will look good for years to come thanks to that setup. It's just an issue for those who expect modern games to play without tank controls (but they're part of what makes the whole experience so tense).

The most recent releases of the remaster of RE1 have an alternate control scheme (free movement). Unfortunately it makes the game a cake walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Played this for an hour this evening. Only just dawned on me that I didnt save it once.....
    Couldn't find the keycard for the shotgun but I think they changed some things from the demo.
    Going out tonight & I'll probably spend a lot of time mulling over playing this. Already dreading bumping into
    Mr.X

Not my finest moment but even I had to laugh at this.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1089256463351144451?s=19

Why are you shooting at his legs

Why are you shooting at his legs

I actually found it a great tactic in the demo, 3 or 4 shots downed a zombie and I could run around them whereas it can take 4-8 headshots.

• Advertisement

if you're shooting at their heads you're going to have a bad time
    I keep finishing them off with the knife, I think I should be leaving one or two as they may respawn less

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Not my finest moment but even I had to laugh at this.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1089256463351144451?s=19

rofl, ive had a few instances like that going for the head as they can wobble pretty quickly at times

ClearcutIdolizedJaeger-size_restricted.gif

i dont go for the legs anymore as ive been bitten in the leg too many times by stragglers ive crippled.. :(

I've just finished Claire A, short break and then back into the Leon B nightmare..

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I actually found it a great tactic in the demo, 3 or 4 shots downed a zombie and I could run around them whereas it can take 4-8 headshots.

I tend to shoot them once in the head to stun them and run past

Anyone else get slightly bothered when games throw in overly sexual women for no reason? Why is Ada wearing high heel and a silk red dress. I think games are an art form just as valid as any other. Throwing in stuff like that to appeal to teenage boys is kinda insulting and lowers the tone for no reason. Unless there is a genuine reason she's wearing that? Did she get caught in the apocalypse on the way to a cocktail party?

That doesn't really apply here. I can only assume by that question that you're new to the franchise(?) - that's a genuine question, not an insult. Her attire and personality can be explained in numerous ways if you're aware of her background, which I won't say anything about until/unless I know something isn't going to be spoiled.

Don't know anything about her. Thanks for not spoiling.

• Worth a share here;

HDR adjustments to get the best HDR image

https://youtu.be/ZhSyxjnwLOA

• Anyone else get slightly bothered when games throw in overly sexual women for no reason? Why is Ada wearing high heel and a silk red dress. I think games are an art form just as valid as any other. Throwing in stuff like that to appeal to teenage boys is kinda insulting and lowers the tone for no reason. Unless there is a genuine reason she's wearing that? Did she get caught in the apocalypse on the way to a cocktail party?

Have you played RE4?

Part of her character design over the course of multiple games.

You could say the same about any number of buff male characters in games tbf

Anyone else get slightly bothered when games throw in overly sexual women for no reason? Why is Ada wearing high heel and a silk red dress. I think games are an art form just as valid as any other. Throwing in stuff like that to appeal to teenage boys is kinda insulting and lowers the tone for no reason. Unless there is a genuine reason she's wearing that? Did she get caught in the apocalypse on the way to a cocktail party?

Well she is
    a spy, easier for her to pretend to be helpless/lost in that attire than running around casual i guess
    , plus its possible when she went on the job she wasnt expecting a zombie apocalypse scenario :D its how she dressed in the original also, i guess its all in attempt to make her mysterious. And to dress her differently in this would stir up the fan base.

Dont read the spoiler tag unless you've played the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Downloaded it there and hit with the difficulty select. Hardcore requires the use of ink ribbons to save, but standard difficulty doesn't. So hardcore is basically normal mode?

• Advertisement

Downloaded it there and hit with the difficulty select. Hardcore requires the use of ink ribbons to save, but standard difficulty doesn't. So hardcore is basically normal mode?

The enemies take more bullets to kill also apparently, i was torn myself when making the choice, but decided to go standard as i didnt wanna be stingy with ammo and run around everything.. Even in standard mode i was nearly bang out of ammo a few times.. its pretty rough going at times, even on standard mode..

I'll save hardcore for my second play through, i can see myself returning to this in the future.

Advertisement