Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Out of curiosiuty, have I missed the
    Magnum
    if I've passed
    the crocodile in the sewers?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Is it just me or are bullets very scarce in this? even for a resident evil game im finding the lack of ammo tough, also the zombies are bullet sponges, they take serious damage and it's not always easy or practical to run from them and I end up wasting a lot on them in certain situations.

Mr. X following you is a pain in the hole, TBF he's not fast and easy to avoid but I feel like im rushing too much and not getting the chance to explore enough, everything is a panic now that he's showed up:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Can confirm
    Its impossible to put off the Tyrant in scenario A, you cannot bypass him and activate him right near the end, you are trapped in small area of police hq until you do the task that activates him.

On a later sequence
    Oh my god is it satisfying to watch William Birkin gut the tyrant. I was never so happy in my life to see his mutated ass

Fuuuuuuck those slimey sewer things. Only seen one and I turned and ran away, Do not want to know do not want to fight, run run run!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Out of curiosiuty, have I missed the
    Magnum
    if I've passed
    the crocodile in the sewers?

Kinda, Its possible to
    back track near the end of the sewer section, back through the three medallions door in the main RPD hall. The magnum is in the cage in the STARS office, you need the cop badge with the USB hidden behind it to pop it in computer to open the door, take the badge back out when the doors opened, you can use the badge again on a glass case at the bottom of the stairwell on the way back down to the sewers for the magnum attachments. You can only get it on Leon, with Clare its the Uzi you get..

Not story spoiler above, just directions on where to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is it just me or are bullets very scarce in this? even for a resident evil game im finding the lack of ammo tough, also the zombies are bullet sponges, they take serious damage and it's not always easy or practical to run from them and I end up wasting a lot on them in certain situations.

Comparted to original res 1+2 the remake has way more ammo but yes the zombies are bullet sponges.
    So far on standard difficulty I've been able to just kill everything, I imagine you have to much more selective on clearing a path on hardcore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mr. X following you is a pain in the hole, TBF he's not fast and easy to avoid but I feel like im rushing too much and not getting the chance to explore enough, everything is a panic now that he's showed up:P

As the Zombies are more difficult to despatch and there's more of them, ammo seems scarcer. Talking their legs off and leaving some of them in certain area to combat respawns seems to be the soup of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nix wrote: »
    Kinda, Its possible to
    back track near the end of the sewer section, back through the three medallions door in the main RPD hall. The magnum is in the cage in the STARS office, you need the cop badge with the USB hidden behind it to pop it in computer to open the door, take the badge back out when the doors opened, you can use the badge again on a glass case at the bottom of the stairwell on the way back down to the sewers for the magnum attachments. You can only get it on Leon, with Clare its the Uzi you get..

I found that case earlier in the game before I had the USB but I went to the sewer through the
    parking garage and forgot to go back and open it. I also missed the heart key so didn't open all the doors in the station. Missed two rooms in the sewer as well, one was the break room and one the far side of map

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I found that case earlier in the game before I had the USB but I went to the sewer through the
    parking garage and forgot to go back and open it. I also missed the heart key so didn't open all the doors in the station. Missed two rooms in the sewer as well, one was the break room and one the far side of map
    I think the heart key is for Claire only. Leon doesn't get to fully explore the rpd.

I think the heart key is for Claire only. Leon doesn't get to fully explore the rpd.

Ah that might explain it. The other two rooms in the facility annoed me though. Was probably a stairs I needed to take to get into the rooms from another direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Wasn't a fan when I heard about Mr. X and even moreso when playing but actually think it adds to it. Bit of a pain at times when all I want to do is solve a ****ing puzzle 🙂

Broke through a wall and scared the fcuk out of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

petes wrote: »
    Wasn't a fan when I heard about Mr. X and even moreso when playing but actually think it adds to it. Bit of a pain at times when all I want to do is solve a ****ing puzzle ��

Broke through a wall and scared the fcuk out of me!

Woah, woah, woah! I was told there was NO wall smashing.

Oh jesus, oh god....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

nix wrote: »
    Kinda, Its possible to

Found a guide. I'd not gotten too far so I loaded an early save. Completely missed the stairs going down in the eastern part of the building.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I’m not reading anything but I’m posting just to say this game is so so good!

(Playing on One X)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Finally got to play another bit last night and ran into Mr. X. Got a great little story!:D
    So I lose him and make it back to the main hall. Poor old Marvin gets up and starts to shamble around. I'm stuck with Marvin on one side, X on the other. I try to dodge Marvin and get caught but shove a flashbang in his mouth. X in turn gets blocked by Marvin so he no look backhands Marvin in the face (was boss). BUT, his hand hits the grenade in Marvin's mouth and it explodes! Hilarity ensues and I make good my escape. Good guy Marvin saving me even in death.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm only 2 medallions deep on my first Leon play through, didnt get to play this nearly enough over the weekend, my own fault really.

Looking forward to getting a few hours into it now this week.

Just looked up the time limits for the Unlimited Ammo on normal. That will be tough enough I'd imagine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Threw a few hours into this yesterday. Have gotten out of the parking garage and back into the station.

Loving the game so far. Really, really well made. Every zombie is a proper threat, even just in terms of having to consider whether to use ammo on them or try get around them. Lickers are a big ol' bunch o' bullsh*t though. You move as absolutely silently and slowly as you can, but they always drop down right in front of you and you've no space to get around them.

Haven't had the pleasure of having to deal with Mr.X yet. Not looking forward to that in the slightest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's going to take a very good game to top this as my game of the year and it's only January. Happened as well with the RE4 January release back on the Gamecube.

Been on a lull from games, nothing interesting me. Even big titles people rave about like GoW didn't impress me. RE2 is the first game to grab me in nearly a year. Was up last night until well after 2am playing it.

I'm not sure what it is about it. I think it's just such an expertly crafted game with an excellent feeling of exploration and discovery. It also doesn't waste the time of the player with too much exposition with cutscenes or slow walks down corridors like GoW does or other games. Everything is short, sweet and to the point and gets you back into the actual game as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Late to the party... Only got to start it last night... after all my talking :( (sick child)

The graphics, and particularly the sound is just amazing. Ammo is a major problem. I don't think 5-8 head shots is realistic for a kill. I think this is slightly to high. Even with perfectly aimed between the eyes shots you need 5-8 for a kill. That being said, it does add to the whole "I am doomed" feeling when opening a door to a new area.

Anyone tell me how many rounds 1 x gunpowder can create and if it is worth creating 9mm rounds early on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I started this on Friday at around 9 in the evening. I went with Leon on Hardcore because it seemed like the original way to play what with the ink ribbons and the whatnot(I regret this but Im in to deep to turn back now). When I ran into
    William Birkin
    I had 36 handgun bullets, 6 shotgun and two hand grenades. What followed was attempt after attempt of having 100% accuracy. It ended being a masterclass in bullet conservation. I was like Tom Cruise in that one film where he does groundhog day but with war.

After all that I got back to the station and put the heli fire out. Was not ready for it man. Not one bit. He chased me into a corridor with 2 lickers and I was just fcuked. I had accumulated 17 MAG bullets that all got wasted on panic. first to
    Mr X then to whatever the sh1t monster in the sewers was.

Currently just past the
    Ada sequence
    with 23 handgun bullets, 3 shotgun shells and I think 4 MAG bullets. The stress of this game is something else. I am absolutely in love with this game.

• Advertisement

• ZiabR wrote: »
    Late to the party... Only got to start it last night... after all my talking :( (sick child)

The graphics, and particularly the sound is just amazing. Ammo is a major problem. I don't think 5-8 head shots is realistic for a kill. I think this is slightly to high. Even with perfectly aimed between the eyes shots you need 5-8 for a kill. That being said, it does add to the whole "I am doomed" feeling when opening a door to a new area.

Anyone tell me how many rounds 1 x gunpowder can create and if it is worth creating 9mm rounds early on?

I've gotten about 3-4 hours in so you will catch up fairly quick :)

Sick child :(

Anyway, you need to use two gunpowder to create ammo by combining. There is an instruction guide it in the menu I think.

Two B = Mag rounds
    Two A = Pistol Rounds
    A+B = Shotgun Rounds

Make sure to look around and note all the notes or areas for lock codes on lockers and desks ect.

Take your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Can't decide if I would have liked RE6 style dodging and ground shooting in this. Initially I would have said no but after seeing how much faster the new zombies and lickers are, I think it would play well. Imagine diving out of the way of a licker attack, then spinning around on the ground to counter attack.

• Rob2D wrote: »
    Can't decide if I would have liked RE6 style dodging and ground shooting in this. Initially I would have said no but after seeing how much faster the new zombies and lickers are, I think it would play well. Imagine diving out of the way of a licker attack, then spinning around on the ground to counter attack.

tenor.gif

Rob2D wrote: »

You can dodge the zombies by doing a quick turn and then step just as they lunge at you. They miss and you just walk past on your merry way.

It's Q on PC and down on the analoge stick and B/O depending on the console.

I've gotten about 3-4 hours in so you will catch up fairly quick :)

Sick child :(

Anyway, you need to use two gunpowder to create ammo by combining. There is an instruction guide it in the menu I think.

Two B = Mag rounds
    Two A = Pistol Rounds
    A+B = Shotgun Rounds

Make sure to look around and note all the notes or areas for lock codes on lockers and desks ect.

Take your time.

That's Resi 3 you're thinking of. The remake of Resi 2 has gunpower and higher grade gunpowder.

Mixing 2 gunpowders gives handgun ammo.
    Mixing 1 gunpoweder and 1 high grade gunpowder gives shotgun shells.
    Mixing 2 high grade gunpowders gives Magnum ammo.

• That's Resi 3 you're thinking of. The remake of Resi 2 has gunpower and higher grade gunpowder.

Oops, yep my naming is off. The same principles seem to apply tho

Oops, yep my naming is off. The same principles seem to apply tho

Pretty much. Handy not having to use the gunpowder tool though.

That's Resi 3 you're thinking of. The remake of Resi 2 has gunpower and higher grade gunpowder.

There's also big pots of gunpowder. I found one down a dead end hall near the clock tower.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They give the same amount but just twice the amount.

Wonder what two of them do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

started watching a youtuber last week as he has knife runs only on the previous games. He has a Leon A 1:36:00 S rank up on the site already. Here I am ambling around on assisted.

I've a euro friend who's convinced he's done Claire A but not encountered Mr X. He's genuine and believes this, there's no talking to him. Making me wish it was us that was leaving the EU.

Advertisement