Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What did you need for the unlimited hand gun?

See below

Infinite Samurai Edge Pistol Ammo:
    Beat Standard Difficulty with S-Rank. The time requirement is 3:30:00 for Leon A / Claire A & 3:00:00 for Leon B / Claire B.

Infinite LE 5 Submachine Gun Ammo:
    Beat Hardcore Difficulty with S-Rank. The time requirement is 2:30:00 for Leon A / Claire A & 2:00:00 for Leon B / Claire B.

Infinite Combat Knife:
    Find All 15 Mr. Raccoons. .

Infinite ATM-4 Rocket Launcher:
    Beat Leon’s story on Hardcore with S+ Rank (doesn’t matter if A or B scenario, either will unlock it). The time requirement is 2:30:00 for A-Scenario / 2:00:00 for B-Scenario. To get S+ you are not allowed to use any infinite ammo weapons as they void S+ and restrict you to normal “S” rank! So you must play without using any of the above infinite ammo weapons, just leave them in the item box. Furthermore, there are reports that you can only make up to 3 manual saves for S+. If you make 4 manual saves it turns into S rank.

Infinite Minigun:
    Beat Claire’s story on Hardcore with S+ Rank (doesn’t matter if A or B scenario, either will unlock it). The time requirement is 2:30:00 for A-Scenario / 2:00:00 for B-Scenario. To get S+ you are not allowed to use any infinite ammo weapons as they void S+ and restrict you to normal “S” rank! So you must play without using any of the above infinite ammo weapons, just leave them in the item box. Furthermore, there are reports that you can only make up to 3 manual saves for S+. If you make 4 manual saves it turns into S rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    See below

Beat Standard Difficulty with S-Rank. The time requirement is 3:30:00 for Leon A / Claire A & 3:00:00 for Leon B / Claire B.

Beat Hardcore Difficulty with S-Rank. The time requirement is 2:30:00 for Leon A / Claire A & 2:00:00 for Leon B / Claire B.

Infinite Combat Knife:

Beat Leon’s story on Hardcore with S+ Rank (doesn’t matter if A or B scenario, either will unlock it). The time requirement is 2:30:00 for A-Scenario / 2:00:00 for B-Scenario. To get S+ you are not allowed to use any infinite ammo weapons as they void S+ and restrict you to normal “S” rank! So you must play without using any of the above infinite ammo weapons, just leave them in the item box. Furthermore, there are reports that you can only make up to 3 manual saves for S+. If you make 4 manual saves it turns into S rank.

Infinite Minigun:
    Beat Claire’s story on Hardcore with S+ Rank (doesn’t matter if A or B scenario, either will unlock it). The time requirement is 2:30:00 for A-Scenario / 2:00:00 for B-Scenario. To get S+ you are not allowed to use any infinite ammo weapons as they void S+ and restrict you to normal “S” rank! So you must play without using any of the above infinite ammo weapons, just leave them in the item box. Furthermore, there are reports that you can only make up to 3 manual saves for S+. If you make 4 manual saves it turns into S rank.

hmmmm might struggle with those times :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The arrival of Mr.X definitely changes the game. I panic-ran through the west hallway, ended up being grabbed repeatedly by downed zombies I'd left there previously. Hearing footsteps getting closer, ran into the Operations Room, thinking I'm a genius as I can jump out the window at the side and buy myself some time. He comes in, I jump out, and land right in front of a f*cking licker who kills me in one hit.

That's me done for the night...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had surprisingly little Mr. X drama :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I had surprisingly little Mr. X drama :(

Yeah im dabbling in the Leon A play through, and depending on what way you go after you get back from the car park/jail area, you can skip a lot of Mr X hardship. I only got in close proximity with him when he first appears and then on the way back from the interrogation room. And he was eating my dust for the rest of it.. However my first time i triggered him pretty quickly and i had to kite him around the whole RPD for ages :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished the sewers, Jesus they seriously sucked ass! So many times I barely made it to a safe room to heal up. I ended up back in the secret room at one point and decided to collect the goodies I missed in RPD before heading back. Took shorter than I thought. Armed to the ****ing teeth now, bring on the final stretch.

"I love the sewer section of this video game!", said no one ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

See below

Infinite Combat Knife:

Infinite Minigun:

Doing Madhouse, getting infinite Ammo in RE7 was hell of a lot easier than these... Jez. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

"I love the sewer section of this video game!", said no one ever

I expected worse to be honest. But yeah, it's grim. Didn't know I would get to back to RPD so now I regret using a guide to get the Magnum.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Doing Madhouse, getting infinite Ammo in RE7 was hell of a lot easier than these... Jez. :(

You probably don't want to look at the platinum requirements on PS.
    Complete the game without opening the item box?
    Complete the game with less than 14,000 steps (this might be east but who's counting?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Complete the game with less than 14,000 steps (this might be east but who's counting?)

no item box would be a trip. I don't think I'll be able for the more difficult ones but the unlimited handgun should be doable. A fully upgraded matilda with infinite ammo sounds like just the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The game counts your steps in real time on the stats play screen as far as I know.

Saw a cool animation playing last night in the sewers. Zombie grabbed me but before he could bite my neck, a 2nd grabbed me from the other side. With the weight of the 2 of them, we all crashed to the floor where the 1st chomped on one side of my neck and the 2nd one on the other side before Claire punched them off one by one. Felt brutal and looked gruesome as ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really missing the old Resident Evil music. It's the only complaint I have about the game. The old soundtracks were so good and here nothing stands out. I miss the old creepy vibe, the relaxing save room music and the operatic stings during the boss fights.

Item box ain't that difficult, just a lot of backtracking. Not tried the 14k steps one... probably done easily in a speedrun I would imagine.

The infinite knife would be handy enough too, would get a lot of slashing done with it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone finished Leon and Claire yet? How long did you find it? Is it really 20 hours combined?

ZiabR wrote: »
    Anyone finished Leon and Claire yet? How long did you find it? Is it really 20 hours combined?

Id say more along the lines of 12hrs, 14hrs max, unless of course it takes you forever to figure out the puzzles. Its a short but very sweet... and terrifying ride :pac:

ZiabR wrote: »

Doing a thorough run on my first playthrough with LeonA (Standard), blind, took me 10 hours.

Looking at S+ requiring 2 hours 30 minutes... :pac:

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Doing a thorough run on my first playthrough with LeonA (Standard), blind, took me 10 hours.

Looking at S+ requiring 2 hours 30 minutes... :pac:

I'm still on my first playthrough on hard. 6hrs 37 mins and I am only after getting to the labs. that 2.5 hrs is gonna be tricky.

• Advertisement

It would take me a few play throughs to get an S+ ranking.

Good thing is though that pausing the game doesnt add on time so you could plan a speed run

It would take me a few play throughs to get an S+ ranking.

Good thing is though that pausing the game doesnt add on time so you could plan a speed run

Once we see the checkpoints it will make it a lot easier. We have 3 saves so break it down into thirds, 50 mins per save. Lets say as example get to the kennels before 50 mins save. get past the sewers or labs save then you have one you can use right before the boss and bobs your uncle.

Just need to find the actual places and times then its only a matter of getting there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

RopeDrink wrote: »
    For the record, Mr.X's Original theme is infinitely creepier than the Remake. Aside from 4th Survivor, definitely prefer playing with the 'original' arrange on (which isn't saying the remade music is bad, just... Prefer the classics, especially the final chapter with the alarm stuff :P)

Does the music change when Mr. X spots you if you use the classic soundtrack?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Where's the cheapest for a PS4 physical copy at the moment? 60 euro in the local GameStop for standard edition seems a bit on the high side.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest for a PS4 physical copy at the moment? 60 euro in the local GameStop for standard edition seems a bit on the high side.

45 in Argos, 50 in smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Started it up this morning. I have never been more tense in a game. Was scratching my lip when a body fell out of the locker and bit my finger full on

Dreading Mr X showing up.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    45 in Argos, 50 in smyths.

Fair play to Argos, thats a great price for a hard copy.

nix wrote: »
    Fair play to Argos, thats a great price for a hard copy.

That's where I got it but saying that, I just searched there and it's no longer listed on their site, very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mr X is truly horrifying. You can easily stay clear of him but he always seems to be uncomfortably close when he's there. He's caught me once when I was faffing about in the locker room trying to open the lockers.
    I thought this is a pretty easy one, there's a bank of lockers down the middle of the room. I went one way and he followed but the fecker doubled back and surprised me on the other side.
    Literally outsmarted by a cartoon!

• Advertisement

Finished my first Leon run last night. Who is that big lad who follows you around for half the game? Mr. X is his name? I thought I'd find out more about Ada too

Advertisement