Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Mr X is truly horrifying. You can easily stay clear of him but he always seems to be uncomfortably close when he's there. He's caught me once when I was faffing about in the locker room trying to open the lockers.
    I thought this is a pretty easy one, there's a bank of lockers down the middle of the room. I went one way and he followed but the fecker doubled back and surprised me on the other side.
    Literally outsmarted by a cartoon!

Bet there was even some poo down your trouser leg huh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That a bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Screams a spawn bug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

ZiabR wrote: »
    That a bug?

Maybe new game+ means two Mr X's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That's where I got it but saying that, I just searched there and it's no longer listed on their site, very weird.

It's back up now, gone up to 49 euro, still better than 60 anyway.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Then don't be a cheapskate and get the version that allows you to swap to the original soundtrack while playing - I have to admit it is much better. The Remake music isn't bad, it's just not as impactful and very quiet due to the OST ramping up based on aggro, whereas RE2-O is just a constant. Mr.X is far creepier when you have the original arrange activated, that choir kicks in and doesn't relent while he thumpy-thumps towards you.

That aside, got my S rank. 2.3hr with 4 saves during Leon A (was the only one I hadn't completed - Done Claire A, Leon B and Claire B) so I have the infinite hand-gun, which is all I need. Might use that to farm the Raccoons - infinite knife would be a GODSEND for zombie killing. Shoot out a leg and go slashy mcslash. I'd be proud if I hadn't seen speed-clearers doing entire hardcore no-damage runs in an hour.

With that in mind, how long it takes is a matter of perspective. I'd say most of us (blind) took it slowly and completed an A in about 4-6hrs, B is average of 30mins less due to starting chaff being cut down, yet people are pushing towards completing an entire run in under an hour, so TECHNICALLY it's about 1hrx4 + about 20minutes for first-time speed clears on Hunk/Tofu. Not even 6hrs of gameplay, lads :D

Well done, 2.3 hours is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

RopeDrink wrote: »
    That aside, got my S rank. 2.3hr with 4 saves during Leon A (was the only one I hadn't completed - Done Claire A, Leon B and Claire B) so I have the infinite hand-gun

I got the delux and have 3 handguns sitting in my itembox unused because I want the burst fire matilda. Will they all be infinite or is their a unique weapon thats unlimited?

If this game had microtransactions...

471596.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Switched between the remake OST and the classic OST. In alot of places where the classic has music the remake OST has no music at all. No music in the main hall, no music in the first safe room, no music in the STARS room no music in some corridors and the library. Maybe my game is bugged? The classic OST is nice and all but it kind of takes the edge of the game, makes me feel more relaxed for some reason. Whereas the remake OST (no music) makes me super tense :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished Claire A.

I remember NEST being a bit longer in the original... and also where are the naked zombies and zombie moths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I finished Leon A and Claire B
    Took 6 hour each so 12 hours in total. I had to check since it was so long ago but it seems the original was even shorter. What's there is great but I wish they had made it a longer game. I know for many replaying it over and over is a big part of it but it doesn't interest me that much. I did know it would be short going into it though. Enjoyable but either a bit too expensive or a bit too short imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just finished my 2nd run as leon the b run i guess it's called. That was an amazing ending so happy with the pace and everything of the game. Goty !
    I have to say leon voice acting is ****e compared to claire's i played her first and leon second as i read it was the cannon order and glad i did it that way.

All i got was a B rank for both of them bleh ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Just finished Leon A.

Excellent game, really brought back some memories!

After I switched to crippling the zombies (which was pointed out to me here) instead of trying to kill them the game became so much easier. Killing them in most areas isn't worth it due to the incredible amounts of damage they take, it also allows you to save more bullets for the end.

In fact I felt I was actually over supplied for the end, my previous experience with these games meant I was hoarding hand gun bullets and magnum bullets and had a small arsenal for the later parts of the game, also had a ton of flamethrower rounds which made
    those plant creatures a cake walk.

Mr X isn't to bad if you dont panic, he's not fast and is only a danger if he corners you which is easy to avoid for the most part.

When he showed up I found everything turned into a rush, it didn't really matter in the end though because:
    you can go back to the station to upgrade your weapons, gather supplies and get anything you may of missed via the secret entrance underground.

Just wondering is it worth doing Claire A instead of Claire B?

Just finished Claire A at 7 hours, 1 minute. B rank. Absolutely epic game and already in the running for GOTY. Now for Leon B

One bit in the lab, East wing made me leave out an almighty JESUS CHRIIIIIST! I even scared the **** out of the dog. Game didn't let up for a moment and was the perfect running time. Hats off Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Just finished Leon A.

Excellent game, really brought back some memories!

After I switched to crippling the zombies (which was pointed out to me here) instead of trying to kill them the game became so much easier. Killing them in most areas isn't worth it due to the incredible amounts of damage they take, it also allows you to save more bullets for the end.

In fact I felt I was actually over supplied for the end, my previous experience with these games meant I was hoarding hand gun bullets and magnum bullets and had a small arsenal for the later parts of the game, also had a ton of flamethrower rounds which made
    those plant creatures a cake walk.

Mr X isn't to bad if you dont panic, he's not fast and is only a danger if he corners you which is easy to avoid for the most part.

When he showed up I found everything turned into a rush, it didn't really matter in the end though because:
    you can go back to the station to upgrade your weapons, gather supplies and get anything you may of missed via the secret entrance underground.

Just wondering is it worth doing Claire A instead of Claire B?

Do Claire b to see the whole ending. The whole a b thing is badly done they are basically the same just different start and end

Is it just me or is Claire B a bit harder? granted im not far but it still feels harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really missing the old Resident Evil music. It's the only complaint I have about the game. The old soundtracks were so good and here nothing stands out. I miss the old creepy vibe, the relaxing save room music and the operatic stings during the boss fights.

You know you can get the original RE2 soundtrack and swap it to that with a DLC add-on? it's €2.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is it just me or is Claire B a bit harder? granted im not far but it still feels harder.

I died a few times until I got the grenade launcher so that should be your first priority. After that I didn't find it any harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

3 Hours in and only now encountering the dogs. I must be slow considering the clear time's i have seen on here. I may have left the game idle for a while in the main hall.

I also had my first death and decided to leave it at that for the night. When you want to conserve ammo and cripple monsters but your backtracking through a room while running and some ****er grabs your leg and brings along his licker friend to the party is the scariest ****, and the licker is who did me in.

I find the Lickers more resilient to shotgun blasts than the Lickers/Hunters of the older games. Didn't the shotgun knock them to the ground and you could keep them stunlocked until they died. The ones in this game take the shot like a man, flinch abit then take a swipe at me. Was it like that in the older game? I forget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Finished Claire A and a few hours into Leon B
    I am disappointed the campaigns are split by character and not by difficulty so B is mostly the same as A just with some sections made harder via MR X or more creatures or less ammo. In the original scenario A and B were very different but there was only really a change in weapons/support character depending on who you picked. Here scenario A and B are very similar but the character's campaign itself is different. I am kinda disappointed because I liked the notion that B you face a different selection of bosses showing the other stages of Birkin's transformation, so it filled in the full picture. I'm not a fan of fighting stage 1 twice in the same area. But I understand it makes much more sense to keep the tyrant boss with leon where it makes more sense and the stage 4 Birkin with Claire.

I have to say Leon gets better weapons again.

Just like the original

Goddamn the bowgun sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I find the Lickers more resilient to shotgun blasts than the Lickers/Hunters of the older games. Didn't the shotgun knock them to the ground and you could keep them stunlocked until they died. The ones in this game take the shot like a man, flinch abit then take a swipe at me. Was it like that in the older game? I forget

Yup, my first death on Leon was to a licker also, was expecting the shotgun to wreck it, but not what happened :D

Shotgun wrecked them in the old game, id have killed every licker i came across, now you gotta be sneaky/ Or use something more powerful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Finished Claire A and a few hours into Leon B
    I am disappointed the campaigns are split by character and not by difficulty so B is mostly the same as A just with some sections made harder via MR X or more creatures or less ammo. In the original scenario A and B were very different but there was only really a change in weapons/support character depending on who you picked. Here scenario A and B are very similar but the character's campaign itself is different. I am kinda disappointed because I liked the notion that B you face a different selection of bosses showing the other stages of Birkin's transformation, so it filled in the full picture. I'm not a fan of fighting stage 1 twice in the same area. But I understand it makes much more sense to keep the tyrant boss with leon where it makes more sense and the stage 4 Birkin with Claire.

Yeah my only real gripe with the game also, they actually done a lot less in this version of the game in terms of story and content variation. From what i recall from playing A and B in the REmake, they kind of made an effort in the start of B to make make it different from A, but then shortly after you meet up with Claire, you just get the same puzzles/bosses for the majority of the remainder. Perhaps it would have taken a lot longer to finish the game to do anymore :confused:

I'm hoping they bang out a Remake for RE3 soon, considering how well this game has done already. RE3 takes part in a lot of the same areas as 2, so they can use the same engine and locations for the most part. I still have RE3 for the PS1 on disc, tempted to fire it up on my dusty ps3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got infinite weapons in previous games but despite the allure of rampaging through a game it never held my interest for more than a few minutes. I kind of see it like people who hack online fps games in that regard i.e. it must get boring fast.
    That's not to say there's not a feeling of achievement in obtaining them, it's just using them is the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Finished Leon A. So for the true ending is it Claire A then B for both or just Claire B (this is what I started)?

Mr X won't leave my Claire alone. I was expecting less of him in this playthrough instead I seem to be getting more.

Finished Leon A. So for the true ending is it Claire A then B for both or just Claire B (this is what I started)?

Mr X won't leave my Claire alone. I was expecting less of him in this playthrough instead I seem to be getting more.

I found Mr. X easy on Leon A but he's a nightmare on the my Claire B.

He seems to be a bit faster and is appearing in front of me more, which means he corners me more. There also seems to be more zombies and less breathing room in general, If I play Claire A will I still get a different ending and different cut scenes? This Claire B is pissing me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I found Mr. X easy on Leon A but he's a nightmare on the my Claire B.

He seems to be a bit faster and is appearing in front of me more, which means he corners me more. There also seems to be more zombies and less breathing room in general, If I play Claire A will I still get a different ending and different cut scenes? This Claire B is pissing me off.

I've no idea about the ending and cut scenes. I think it has to be B but can't say for certain. I thought you had to do all four until I read something earlier that said just B for the other character.

When Mr X first turned up in my Claire B scenario it was just after turning off the steam in the shower. I sprinted back to the save room. He followed. Every time I tried to leave he was standing outside looking out the window. Must have stayed there for five minutes. Now, everywhere I go he turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tuxy wrote: »
    I finished Leon A and Claire B
    Took 6 hour each so 12 hours in total. I had to check since it was so long ago but it seems the original was even shorter. What's there is great but I wish they had made it a longer game. I know for many replaying it over and over is a big part of it but it doesn't interest me that much. I did know it would be short going into it though. Enjoyable but either a bit too expensive or a bit too short imo

I have to disagree and I'd assume most would agree, but the game is a perfect length. No filler, just old school game play. To many games now are long for the sake of being long. More like this please :)

Came across Mr X last night for the first time. Playing my first playthrough as Leon. Apart from him being relentless I find him easy enough to run from. I have every single gun powder found in the game so far in storage. I have not had to ever make ammo for any gun yet.

I must have 15 gun powders, should I just start making ammo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Made it to the sewers last night and just past the alligator. Mr.X was more manageable than I thought he'd be. Once you get away from him you're pretty safe so long as you walk. He didn't even show up in the Library until after I'd moved all the shelves, which by then was an easy escape to the Clock Tower.

Question for those who've finished it and regarding B Scenarios etc, is there any point keeping items in the Item Box that have been fully used (eg. will the Spade Key from Leon A be in the Item box for another scenario or should you just dump such items once they have the red checkmark?). Also, I presumed from memory that I was done with the RPD, but read that you can go back to collect any remaining items. I got the Magnum, safes in the West Office and Waiting Room and everything from the Weapons Storage Room. I didn't get some of the lockers. Is there anything of value I'm missing? Is it worth going back to RPD?

Advertisement