Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I dumped anything with a red check. In the sewers, you can find a film that you can develop in the dark room of rod to find 2 secret items. You can also find a shortcut back to the secret room (behind statue of RPD main hall) to get easy access back there, handy if you do need to clean up. I'd Google the secret items and see if they'd be worth your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I have to disagree and I'd assume most would agree, but the game is a perfect length. No filler, just old school game play. To many games now are long for the sake of being long. More like this please :)

It’s perfect the length imo alien isolation would have been and probably done much much better if it was the length of resi2 and 7 that game had so much unnecessary padding it was ridiculous

Requiring almost every door with a unlock code or system bypass was ridiculous in that game

If isolation shaved around 4 chapters it would have been a much better game imo but oh well.

So yeah the pacing,length of resi2 and 7 are bang on imo

ZiabR wrote: »
    Came across Mr X last night for the first time. Playing my first playthrough as Leon. Apart from him being relentless I find him easy enough to run from. I have every single gun powder found in the game so far in storage. I have not had to ever make ammo for any gun yet.

I must have 15 gun powders, should I just start making ammo?

Keep it in there Incase you get stuck on a boss or something that’s what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Personally, I save Powder 1 and just mix it whenever I find Powder 2 - and simply use whatever handgun ammo I find during my travel. This means I always have a nice hoard of Grenade/Shotgun ammo for those moments where you need more punch (ie. bosses). Whenever I find Powder 3, same deal - mix it with Powder 2 for more powerful ammo. It is pretty much a waste to make handgun ammo unless you're absolutely desperate.

This is great advice. I am currently
    just after beating birkin in the labs but it took all my shotgun, MAG ammo and now I only have a handgun and flamethrower to fight Mr X

Save your ammo kids. Dont be like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So for Leon B, how do I keep X at bay for as long as possible, avoid the STARS room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So for Leon B, how do I keep X at bay for as long as possible, avoid the STARS room?

Pretty sure you can go to the STARS room, just
    dont walk further down that corridor passed the Stars office as that will trigger him.
    . Or if you do, just make sure you have unlocked and placed the lion and unicorn medallions prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

nix wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can go to the STARS room, just
    dont walk further down that corridor passed the Stars office as that will trigger him.
    . Or if you do, just make sure you have unlocked and placed the lion and unicorn medallions prior.

I think its activated when
    you read claires/leon note for you in the STARS office he does activate even if you dont go down the hallway as I intentionally went the opposite way and I still heard him stomping around as I was pulling out the last medallion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

RopeDrink wrote: »
    He doesn't - not by a long shot. Claire's are entirely on par with Leon's and I'd also argue Claire gets an easier campaign overall. The only true downside to Claire's arsenal is the reload time on her B-Route handgun, but given how little you need to actually fire it, it's only detrimental in the most dire of circumstances, all of which are avoidable. I still find it amusing how people talk about burning plants when I can avoid them all at the expense of about 3 handgun bullets. Even then, firing one grenade and walking away is better than burning them with the flame-thrower. Grenade Launcher is nastier than the Shotgun overall in every way other than clip/rate/pushback purposes, which you shouldn't be using the shotgun for outside of 4th Survivor or in very specific escape sequences.

Perhaps its just down to it being the B route and I was much more use to how to conserve ammo, aim properly, I've just found I've had a much easier time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Back in stock in Argos (Xbox Version) €48.99 or 49.99 in Smyths. Seems to be the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I think its activated when
    you read claires/leon note for you in the STARS office he does activate even if you dont go down the hallway as I intentionally went the opposite way and I still heard him stomping around as I was pulling out the last medallion.

Well feck it anyway

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Finally! Piss poor time but it was blind. 8hrs 23mins on hard = C.

Now to do it all again on normal and get that unlimited handgun. aw yea

• RopeDrink wrote: »
    He activates when you go in there regardless - I already tested the corridor strat when I posted tips on that very question a few pages back. As said back then, the best way to cut down Mr.X issues is to leave STARS until last. All you need from there is the battery item to blow up the wall for the last emblem. You can do everything in the Police Station right up until that point without going near the office, then when you have all emblems except last in place, grab needed item, skirt around him, blow up wall, grab emblem and you're out of there with barely any concerns. Later on his trigger will be unavoidable and more centered, but even then (if you've done things efficiently) all that you have to do is get to the clock tower and back again. It's much easier as Claire - the route to her electric puzzle is much shorter and pretty close to the tower, so you essentially only have to deal with Mr.X twice.

Just done another quick run as Claire B, about 2hrs and S Rank, but mostly just to test the infinite handgun. I think I'll be stopping RE2R now until the DLC arrives.

How many hours :pac:

It's not even out a week!

• Just completed Leon A

I took my sweet bloody time and savoured every minute of it. 10 hours and 3 minutes!

Best piece of gaming in a long long time.

So much to do yet, think I'll do Claire B then do the reverse.

• Is the Samurai edge worth the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is the Samurai edge worth the download?

The pistol? It has a larger clip at the start but Matilda passes it by with the upgrades. I didn't feel any difference in accuracy or power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Contemplating playing the demo biut have to be honest... I've seen all the gore in previews and I'm a bit scared to give it a go lol

Face your fears mister :)

I would be up for hardcore mode but Claire been dead after 2 bites is just a big no no for me not gonna put myself through that lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I planned on getting through the 2nd run quicker than I did on the 1st run. But I got too OCD with the police station area and decided to clear it out so that the map was all shaded blue.

Set myself back almost an hour. I've reached the last area of the game @ 6h31 with about 20 saves. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

bloody ammo scarcity. I've been saving as much ammo as I could for X but ended up facing him with 200 fuel, 25 handbullets and 3 x magnum bullets..gave up in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Is it worth the buy? Played the original years back.

Blazer wrote: »
    bloody ammo scarcity. I've been saving as much ammo as I could for X but ended up facing him with 200 fuel, 25 handbullets and 3 x magnum bullets..gave up in the end.

Which part is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tuco88 wrote: »

Ignoring nostalgia I don’t think so.
    I picked it up for €40 or so but apart from doing both runs it wouldn’t appeal to me in the long run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Contemplating playing the demo biut have to be honest... I've seen all the gore in previews and I'm a bit scared to give it a go lol

Haha same here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It most definitely is and it's nothing to do with nostalgia as another poster has said although that's their opinion. It's not the overall concensus though, this thread is very active.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Blazer wrote: »

Still haven't fired a round at Mr.X. I managed to 100% complete the Raccoon Police Department without firing at him. It is a complete waste of ammo. Just RUN. Into the Sewers now and I have 19 Gunpowders in storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It is an amazing remake. I would go as far as to say, a must play. Buy it, you wont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

ZiabR wrote: »
    Still haven't fired a round at Mr.X. I managed to 100% complete the Raccoon Police Department without firing at him. It is a complete waste of ammo. Just RUN. Into the Sewers now and I have 19 Gunpowders in storage.

Yep, don't have to near him.

Although I do like having a pop at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

petes wrote: »
    Yep, don't have to near him.

Although I do like having a pop at him!

I've been so tempted to shoot his hat off for the trophy, but have read people say they think he gets a little faster if you shoot it off, so might leave it for another playthrough. Other than that, have only fired a flash grenade at him to get out of the jail.

Went to play last night but wasn't in the right headspace for it. Kept reloading the game as kept f*cking up as Ada at the start of her section, gave up after about 4 tries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement